1,226 results
All reviews kubu restaurant ayung river vintage tour the cocoon ladies and gentlemen chef maurizio personal butler the general manager river front kids club rice degustation menu walk in closet living room buggy service stunning property balinese village
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Words can't express what an amazing experience we had during our recent stay at Mandapa! From the second we arrived magic happened! The property is stunning, the staff is incredible and the rooms, food and wine are all fabulous! The true heart of the property is the staff. Each and every one of them went out of their way to make sure we were happy. I wanted to thank a certain few who we spent time with who went above and beyond to make sure we had anything and everything we needed or wanted. Reka Yanti, director of rooms, spoiled us in the most beautiful villa we have ever stayed in! Chef Maurizio's food is the most delicious I have ever had. He made us whatever we wanted and exceeded all of our foodie expectations! Gus Ari at the Poolbar was so friendly and fun and couldn't do more to please us. Tapsir and Diana, our butlers, were always one step ahead of us and knew what we needed before we even had to ask. Budiarta and Ngurah Adi, our housekeepers, kept our villa in pristine condition at all times. I can't express how full my heart was when I left. The only negative is that Manpapa has spoiled me forever and no where else will ever compare!

Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
1  Thank Tami T
Aghpt, General Manager at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Tami T,
It was a great pleasure to have you staying at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, in Ubud for your holiday!
We appreciate all your amazing comments about our facilities, the food and wine, and service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen. Most importantly your reference to Reka, Chef Maurizio, Gus Ari, Tapsir and Diana, your Patihs (Butlers) as well as Budiarta and Ngurah Adi, your housekeepers. They are all very thankful and proud to be recognized for their service and dedication.
We were thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back to our village in the very near future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 July 2017

The Mandapa Ritz Carlton Reserve sits on the most amazing setting of all Ubud. The surrounding grounds of rain forest and ayung river "supposed" to make this the place for relaxing one's soul.

However, the Ritz proves to be a terrible choice for travelers seeking to escape for urban life or romantic celebrations.

My room: One-B Villa Rainforest View
(Upgraded due to platinum Ritz member & Virtuoso)

1. The resort is way over crowded and extremely noisy. Perhaps ayung river is a public site, and hence rafting was going on early in the morning till late afternoon. There's screaming and yelling constantly. How can one relax and do meditation under this circumstance? In addition, breakfast area at Sawah terrace was also over-crowded in the morning. There was no personalized service and uncleared plates were left for over 10 minutes before being picked up. Flies and insects were all over the buffet and flying over fruits and cold cuts (I understand that it's in the forest), but not even one fly was spotted at the nearby Amandari.

2. Robotic butler service. I understand the Ritz is an international hotel and hopes to draw talents all over the world. However, the robotic services provided by interns from other parts of Asia ( China, Japan etc.), made it a poor Bali experience.

3. No housekeeping service on the day of check-out (though I requested late 2pm chk-out). I'm not so sure of the Ritz standard, but other luxury resorts provide a full housekeeping service on the day of check-out.

4. Kubu restaurant was a great experience. The setting by the river and decor made it a very memorable dinner. However, service is also very robotic. We had an 8-course tasting menu+an additional order of caviar. Every time the waiter would come by saying, "how was your x", and then "good good good", for about 12 rounds (including amuse bouche).

Overall the Ritz has one of the most amazing settings with Ayung river, rice fields, and rainforest environment. However, the robotic service and disturbing noise level at this hotel is something you should consider if your intention is to seek for a romantic escape. Then again the Ritz is not Aman, and it felt like a hotel.

Room tip: Stay away from Rainforest villa if noise is a concern.
10  Thank Lin R
Aghpt, General Manager at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Lin R,
On behalf of all Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve team, I would like to thank you for staying with us for your holiday in Bali.
We thank you very much for your feedback with regards to the rafters. We are privileged to have our site location with a big river front view to Ayung River. However, as you mentioned, the river is public and we have no control whatsoever. But the rafters starts to pass by only around 10am as we are at the end of the rafting journey.
Thank you also for your constructive feedback regarding our service and we are sorry to hear that it was not up to your expectations.
Kindly note that we always take our Guests comments very seriously in order to improve our service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in the very near future!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Our trip to Ubud was the best ever as we stayed at Mandapa Hotel.The hotel is very good!We truly recommend this place!!!The service was on the top level due to Andj and Reka Yanti being very friendly,welcoming and concerned.

Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Aghpt, General Manager at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Ольга Т,
On behalf of all Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve team, I would like to thank you for staying with us for your holiday in Bali!
We were thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay in our Village and considered that “your trip to Ubud was the best ever”!
Thank you very much for your comments about our facilities, and the service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen, especially your reference to Anuj and Reka. They are very grateful to be recognized for their service and dedication.
We look forward to welcome you back to Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve in the very near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Nestled in the Ayung River Valley, approximately 1.5km North of the Four Seasons at Sayan, you will find Ubud’s newer luxury resort. At a little less than 2 years old, everything at Mandapa – A Ritz Carlton Reserve – shines. The open air lobby will transfix you with its panoramic views of the gorge below, where the suites and villas are located. An impossibly beautiful elevator takes guests down into the world of Mandapa. The units, themselves, are very expansive, offering wide open spaces between the locally-themed furnishings. While gawking about the rooms, you get the sense that attention was lavishly expended upon every centimeter of the interior design, which immerses you into a traditional Balinese residence. That said, the units are laden with every available creature comfort, including smart toilets and mood lighting. The bathroom features a delightful 10+ foot high rainforest shower, and a large, soaking tub, with a basket-weave theme to it. With our unit we had a personal butler, who was an excellent resource for helping us make our schedule for activities and excursions, in addition to making sure whatever in-room dining we ordered went without a hitch. Breakfast, and the resort’s excellent Indonesian faire, is served at the Sawah Terrace, overlooking a bend in the Ayung River. Although the complimentary breakfast is buffet style (focusing on both American and Southeast Asian cuisine), there are several a la carte items available for order, including one of the best prepared salmon eggs benedict I’ve enjoyed while watching white water rafters thread their way between boulders! Furthermore, the chef takes requests, and we found that by the second morning of our stay the chef was preparing almost anything we wanted, even if it was not on the menu at all. Like most things on this resort, the public infinity pools were not supersized, but they were beautiful and directly looked over the Ayung River and the rice paddies, offering spectacular scenery, and a nice place to enjoy complimentary coconut water. Views around the resort are beautiful and the grounds are immaculately groomed. The resort rate includes many activities including a tour of their rice paddies, equipped with hands on experience, and a village walk. For an extra charge, the resort can arrange hikes and daytrips as well. Having spent several hours throughout Mas Village and the local art bazaars in Ubud, I found that the boutique at Mandapa is a real gem, bearing nice artifacts, much more unique than what you can find in the markets, all for a relatively fair price. There are complimentary shuttles to the famed Ubud art market, several times throughout working hours, as well. As most Ritz Carlton properties, Mandapa and its staff are absolutely excellent with children, and they offer babysitting services as well. Although it was possible to commute throughout most parts of the resort on foot, buggies are always available to take you around. All said, the most distinguishing feature at Mandapa was the service – it was flawless. I always consider Ritz Carlton properties to be the gold standard for service in the five-star hotel industry. Their reserve properties, having a higher staff to guest ratio, augment the quality of service in every possible way. Directors and the GM are present at check-in, check-out, waiting by the side of your car, and you will sometimes find them bussing tables if service gets backed up in the morning. Staff all around the resort seemed to dedicate themselves to learning each of our party members’ names, even that of my 19-month old daughter. A particular morning, one of us opted to forego the included breakfast, and our server recognized this and immediately asked for them by name, wanting to make sure they were well. Team Mandapa also learns your individual preferences, once they proactively ascertain how you like your tea or eggs prepared, it does not matter where you dine, everything is prepared just the way you like it. Staff members always know where you are. I was swimming at the public pool when the front desk received a message for me, one of the staff found me to deliver the message there. From the get go, after staff realized we liked to go out in Ubud, they brought us extra umbrellas and we were always supplied with extra water bottles for this, without asking. Whenever anyone saw us taking pictures of one another, resort staff, and even directors, stopped to make sure to take photos of us together. The service was literally the best service I have experienced, anywhere, by a very, very long shot. Look at the other hotels I have reviewed to put that into perspective. There is truly something special going on at Mandapa. My only complaint is a relatively informal one. I booked two suites for my family 8 months before arrival date, and had requested to be placed in suites that possessed a more direct view of the jungle or rice paddies, as is shown on the Mandapa website for that room class, I even specified on the resort map where we would like to be, but we ended up in a completely different location, with a fairly limited view – that said, the technical limitation may have come from the fact that we were arriving during the peak tourist season and needed two suites and I also stated it was mandatory that they be in close proximity to one another, so I have to assume that was genuinely the best they could offer. Overall, Mandapa makes for an extremely memorable stay in this beautiful part of the world, and the staff leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tai786
Aghpt, General Manager at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear tai786,
It was a great pleasure to have you and your Family staying at Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, in Ubud for your holiday!
Wow!!! Is all I can say about your amazing comments!!!! Thank you so much!!!
We really appreciate all your very detailed comments about our facilities, the design, the landscaping, the food, the view of the surroundings and the service offered by our Ladies and Gentlemen.
We were thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a memorable stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you back to our village in the very near future.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2017

it was a fab vacay with my friends and it was terrifically amazing experienced.I had a great stay in this place and i'd love to recommend this to ya'll. thank you for that wonderful days . hope I can back here soon with my family and love one. Can't wait to come back ,

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear hailey a,
We were very happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with your friends in our Village.
Thank you very much for your comments about our facilities and the service provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen.