“Made very welcome at Samas”

and 1 more site!
Sama's Cottages and Villas
Ranked #4 of 622 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Our good impressions started with Kath's friendly and helpful responses to my (many) emails organising our trip and then extending it at short notice. We had rooms 1 and 3, facing each other on the middle level, ideal as I was travelling with my parents, so we could eat breakfast together but each had our own space. Room 1 is the superior A/C room and is well worth the extra money for a couple who want A/C and a bit more space, Room 3 is superior fan cooled and was also lovely. Samas is set in lush rainforest gardens with the river running below. Breakfast was a choice from the menu every morning, brought to your verandah. There's a little library with books to borrow, an attractive swimming pool, and warm welcome at this family run resort. Kath and Wayan check to see all is OK, the staff are friendly, and Grandfather does his daily prayers at the little shrine outside our rooms. The setting in Jalan Bisma is peaceful though easy to walk to the hustle of central Ubud if you choose (we didn't). Everything is within reach within a few doors-a quick laundry, minimart, bicycle hire and bike trips with Emerald cycling (recommended), and the atmospheric Miro's Garden restaurant on the corner. Massages near the pool (good) or just down the road. Turn left outside Samas and ten minutes walk takes you to ricefield views. Samas is a place where solo travellers would feel safe and welcome, but it's also ideal for couples/individuals travelling together.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the largest superior Air Con room. It faces room 3, superior fan cooled, on the middle lev...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank willsmother

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed at the sama cottage's fan villa for 4 nights, the queen sized bed with mossie net was comfortable with no mosquito problems. Breakfast is delicious served on the veranda every morning, baliness coffee looked a bit doggy, but turned out to be very tasty. Nice and clean pool with cheap and excellent massage, before i was skeptical with the skills of the therapist and so only tried it on only my last day due to time constraints and it was the best massage i've had in bali.

Moped rental is available just beside the villa, very cheap and is one of the best way to travel around, as i left early and just left the keys and helmet with the reception and they helped me with returning the bike. A convenient store is just located outside the cottage where i got drinking water, beer, chips and toothpaste even late at night.

Overall it was a wonderful stay and will most certainly return to this little gem in ubud, all thanks to Kath and her staff who took good care of me.

Room Tip: It's surprisingly cooling at night in ubud, so a fan room was good for me.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
samascottages, Owner at Sama's Cottages and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Andy, thankyou so very much for staying with us at Sama's Cottages, we are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We really appreciate your positive review, and for taking the time to upload those great photos so other guests can get a feel for our place. We hope you will be able to stay with us again sometime in the near future. All the best and many thanks again.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I was delighted to arrive at samas cottages in ubud. They have a pleasant access through a small garden, past a lovely pool, which is well tendered to. My hut was well equipped with a comfortable bed, clean mosquito net and functional bathroom. I spent a fair amount of time on my verandah which always had tea and coffee facilities and friendly staff passing by. In the evening they lit mosquito coils which was a nice touch, and every morning there was a new offering and flowers at my door step. Samas is family run and were very responsive to my emails before I arrived. I found them to be very good value and enjoyed my stay with them in this quiet little spot, which is still central to the main throng of ubud.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank somedays_i_am
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Have just returned from a wonderful 4 night stay at Sama's cottages. After staying in the tourist area of Seminyak, Ubud was a relaxing, Balinese experience. Staff here are caring and helpful, genuinely kind and thoughtful. Cottages are cleaned daily to a very high standard. Pool area is divine, lovely place to rest and relax after a busy day. Breakfast on your own balcony was excellent.
The postion is amazing, just a quick walk to the main street and some amazing eateries, if you are not sure where to go just ask, we were given amazing recommendations from the owners. The cottages cater for everyone, from visitors with little babies to older travellers, everyone is made to feel special. The staff were very happy to carry our bags and do anything they could to make us feel at home.
Thank you Kath and Wayan for allowing us to enjoy your little piece of paradise.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end are very private, however the stairs could be a little problem for older travellers...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MZedMelbourne
Reviewed 7 April 2012

A year has past and I am back again in my oasis and oh how it has changed..my little cottage is growing up! New decorative pathways, massage pavilion by the pool, refurbished interiors, but still maintaining the seclusion and peacefulness one requires.

Same friendly faces to welcome me again a testament to the ongoing care of the owners and their staff's commitment to ensuring their guests enjoyment.

Guess what? I'll back again.

Thank you Samas Cottages for never failing to please, younyoubonlybget better each and every time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We arrived in the middle of the night, it was raining and the receptionnist don't hesitate to take our bags to help us.
This place is in a quiet street near the center of Ubud.
It's a very quiet place, you only hear the sound of the nature, birds...
Bungalows are spacious, with a nice terrasse, and everything is clean !
The breakfast is good and they bring it on your terrasse.
There is a quiet, nice and clean swimming pool in the garden.
It 's just a little bit expensive...

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 3 March 2012

So pleased I found this place, just passing by. Modestly furnished, but there's everything you need. Loved having my breakfast served on my private verandah looking at beautiful plants and flowers and the occasional butterfly. The pool was lovely and I wished I'd booked for a massage right alongside. Staff were charming. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo