Our good impressions started with Kath's friendly and helpful responses to my (many) emails organising our trip and then extending it at short notice. We had rooms 1 and 3, facing each other on the middle level, ideal as I was travelling with my parents, so we could eat breakfast together but each had our own space. Room 1 is the superior A/C room and is well worth the extra money for a couple who want A/C and a bit more space, Room 3 is superior fan cooled and was also lovely. Samas is set in lush rainforest gardens with the river running below. Breakfast was a choice from the menu every morning, brought to your verandah. There's a little library with books to borrow, an attractive swimming pool, and warm welcome at this family run resort. Kath and Wayan check to see all is OK, the staff are friendly, and Grandfather does his daily prayers at the little shrine outside our rooms. The setting in Jalan Bisma is peaceful though easy to walk to the hustle of central Ubud if you choose (we didn't). Everything is within reach within a few doors-a quick laundry, minimart, bicycle hire and bike trips with Emerald cycling (recommended), and the atmospheric Miro's Garden restaurant on the corner. Massages near the pool (good) or just down the road. Turn left outside Samas and ten minutes walk takes you to ricefield views. Samas is a place where solo travellers would feel safe and welcome, but it's also ideal for couples/individuals travelling together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sama's Cottages and Villas is a peaceful and relaxing retreat in Ubud, yet is located just a 5 minute stroll from the centre of town. Our property has just 9 individual cottages and 3 villas, and all are newly renovated to make your stay more comfortable. You can choose either a fan cooled or air conditioned cottage, or a 1 or 2 bedroom private villa. Our staff bring your breakfast to your veranda each morning, or alternatively you may eat by our lovely pool if you wish. All room rates include breakfast and free WiFi, and are subject to 10 per cent Government Tax and 5 per cent Service Fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sama's Cottages and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sama`s Cottages Hotel Ubud
- Sama's Cottages And Villas Ubud, Bali