“Wonderful food and friendly staff”

Casa Luna Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 731 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casa Luna provides a relaxed,diverse eating experience in the centre of Ubud. The eclectic menu includes Indonesian, Mediterranean, vegetarian and vegan options. Fresh baked pastries and breads, made in the Honeymoon Bakery, are also sold on the premises, as well as, excellent Indonesian coffee.
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful food and friendly staff”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Casa Luna Restaurant was fully booked on the night we tried to get in so we made a booking for the following evening. It was wonderful! The food and staff were magnificent. There was a jazz band on the night we were there which added to the wonderful atmosphere. They allowed us to take a menu home so we could ring them and order room service a few nights later. It was delivered promptly (we returned the menu!) and Frieda bought it right into our villa for us. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. I will definitely return on my next trip to Bali but will remember to book next time.

• Visited May 2014
Casa_Luna_Group_team, Owner at Casa Luna Restaurant, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Joghols, thanks for taking the trouble to write such a nice review and for pointing out that its a good idea to make a reservation in advance on our jazz nights, which can get quite busy. And yes, we've recently launched ‘Casa Luna Delivers’ bringing your favourite dishes to your door. I'm glad my staff looked after you so well, I'm very proud of them. Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip. Janet

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
“Mediocre food and very poor service”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I don't know we're to start. 5 staff 15 customers including the 4 of us.
20min to get iced coffees and cokes, 1hr+ to get what was supposed to be pizza and a serve of pancakes.

The pizza tasted like frozen supermarket pizza with pre made base, jar sauce and cheddar cheese, they short changed on the Bazil for the margarita pizza.
They need to get some training from the cooks at SASA in Seminyak.
The pancakes were left on the counter while the pizza was cooking, they didn't both to mention when ordered there was no white sugar and lemon as listed on the menu. Expecting my friend to just accept them.
The Mie Goreng didn't arrive for another 5 min and wasn't particularly authentic.

All up, really would not recommend this for lunch unless everywhere else was full.

• Visited June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Awesome food and great ambience!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This has been ranked as my favourite restaurant in ubud. Maybe because i'm not such a fan of local indonesian food. The spread here in this restaurant is awesome. I ordered the pumpkin soup and ravioli in pesto sauce. Those 2 dishes totally blew my mind away. I have comfort foods and this pumpkin soup is one heavenly example. The ravioli was al dente and pesto sauce had enough body but did not override the taste of the ravioli. A nice thing about this restaurant is that my driver waiting outside had a nice warm packet of fried rice to bring back home. I would so totally recommend this place!!

Manila, Philippines
“Decent enough food at reasonable price but nothing remarkable”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were recommended to visit this place by fellow guests in our hotel.

We had a mix of local dishes and they were fine but not memorably good. The pizza was below average standard but certainly not bad enough to warrant complaining about. Ambience is peaceful and the service is fine. The price was very reasonable.

Overall just unremarkable hence average rating for me.

• Visited May 2014
Ubud
“Bit disappointing”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Food was okay - I think there are far better restaurants in the area for a cheaper price - my smoked marlin and potato salad was good but the tandoori chicken was bland and dry - pepper steak was tasteless but the paella was tasty - staff were nice - they read back the order but managed to get the orders wrong. It wasn't busy and they were a bit slow with drinks and left the menus on the table after taking the orders.

Visited May 2014