“It's Papua”
Review of Rimba Papua Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Timika
Rimba Papua Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Timika
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Fantastic property considering it's one of the most remote locations on the planet. If you are staying in Timika, this should be your only choice.

I like to relax at the pool side bar and enjoy a few cold bintangs before venturing off into Timika.

Room Tip: Avoid the "Hospitality Rooms"
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David G
There are newer reviews for Rimba Papua Hotel

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Only decent hotel in the town, but there where bed bugs all over the room. Even thought the food and service was good I probably would not stay there again. I will attempt to contact the management this week to lodge an official complaint.".

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is an unusual place being the only quality property in the area but owned or aligned with the local controlling mining interests. As such it seems to be very much an expat haven with people either working on mining projects or on their way to or from. Timika airport is immediately adjacent and very convenient with shuttle bus service.

I have stayed in many out of the way places and this one is good. The food is fine and the accommodation and service actually good. Yes there are some mould stains on the walls and some refurbishment would be nice but the bathrooms are marble, the aircon works well and beds are comfortable. It can be a lot worse. Another feature is the pool and grounds. Although I haven't used the pool the grounds are an amazing tropical garden beautifully maintained. Very quiet at the moment with few guests evident but I guess that changes week to week. I wouldn't hesitate to return if working in the area.

Room Tip: Apparently near the pool there is wifi. I was not near the pool and no wifi.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank desward
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Although the rooms and views are very nice, it's not a place to expect to have the necessary technology to communicate with the outside world. And forget outsiders, i.e., family, friends back home being able to call. If there's an emergency back home, forget it, you'll see it when it hits the media! I was given four different numbers by various sources to call and reach family and none of them worked at any time of day or night. The operator always gave the same two messages, something like this: (1) The number you are calling is engaged, please try again later. (2) The number you are trying has not been connected (or something to that affect). It's very frustrating for family members who have to be there for business. The Wifi is just so-so, definitely nothing to brag about. If this hotel is basically "owned" by an American company, what the hell is wrong here??? Good luck people!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Rooms and surroundings are nice. But could have been more mindful for business needs of guests. I had no Internet access at all from my room. And when I asked for an adapter which their manual says they would provide, I was told to buy one from the gift shop. So I could not work at all. At least I was only staying one night, otherwise I would have to switch to a hotel with Internet access.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed for approximately 5 nights in this hotel for business. It has been quite a while since my last visit which was around 8 years ago when it was still managed by Sheraton. You have to know that Timika is not New York so facilities are very limited. This is the only worthwhile hotel to stay in Timika.

Pro:
1) near airport - only 5 minutes drive
2) comfortable room and very big room
3) working aircon

Cons:
1) foor choices are very limited (lunch and dinner are the same and the menu only consist of two pages)
2) transportation is very limited (not the hotel fault though)

If ever you are in Timika, then this is the hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank saut
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here for business trip. This hotel's location is very near with Mozes Kilangin Airport Timika. Compare with another hotel at Timika, I think Rimba Papua is the best one. I have come to Rimba Papua in 2012 and 2013. I stayed in the best viewed room because my room's view is swimming pool, I really love to sit at the terrace, played the music from ipod (they provide ipod's speaker) and saw the pool. For food and beverages are also good, but sometimes I felt bored with the food variety because when you stay longer here, you'll gonna feel so bored with the food's variety. I also enjoyed my weekend at this hotel. I enjoyed the swimming pool area and also the pool bar. I really recommend you to pick this hotel as your business or leisure trip at Timika. Rimba Papua also provide a good spa too. I've tried massage at this hotel, release my back pain after long office hours. For the room service and cleanliness, I definitely say excellent. I feel so comfortable stayed at this hotel for long business trip.

Room Tip: You are so lucky if you got the room with swimming pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank peony_89

Been to Rimba Papua Hotel? Share your experiences!