“Where do I begin?”

The Ardjuna Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #195 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Let's see.. When we first arrived, the front desk staff greeted us politely. That's good. When we entered our room, the first thing we noticed was how dark it is. They only have side table lamps, not even a central lighting in the room. Moreover, the floor was very dusty, as if nobody had cleaned it for days! The entire room looks so tired and poorly maintained. Furniture was in bad condition and there was even a hole on the bed linen! We tried to connect to the wifi to no avail. The signal was so weak that it was impossible to connect at all. So the next thing we tried was the TV, they provide cable alright, but the picture quality was ... Bad.
Moving on to the bathroom, there was only a bottle of shampoo, one small hand soap bar and one toothbrush. No liquid soap?? Did they expect us to shower using that hand soap bar?? And I thought it was common sense that if we checked in for two person there will be two toothbrush kit?
The shower curtain was mouldy and dirty, the shower works, but would be better if they actually maintain the shower head. It looks so old!
The next day after they cleaned our room, we found out that they did have a liquid soap, and a conditioner, and a body lotion. They just didn't give us for some unknown reason even though we were a paying customer.
And oh.. Don't get me started on the breakfast items... I had another guest joined us for breakfast and we paid about $90,000 for extra breakfast. It was totally not worth it. There wasn't much choices to begin with, so we tried the omelete (failed), the bubur ayam (tasteless), the various donuts (super failed), and normal fruit platter. On the 2nd day, we had the overcooked beef stewed, tasteless beehoon and super sour pineapple slices. That was pretty much everything that was served for breakfast. I wouldn't reccommend anyone to stay here, nor would I ever again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penguinnakal

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Ok....let's talk about the plus things in this hotel. The warm shower, works. The wifi in the lobby, works. And that's it.
The surrounding is nice. But if you have a better sound proof will be better.
Our room was dirty! The tables are dusty. The bed linen was dirty. And at the corner of the room there was spider webs. The bathroom even worst, mildew in bathtub, celling, and closet. And our bed.....we can feel the spring when we lay there.
Breakfast is very disappointed. I have had better breakfast with smaller hotel.

1  Thank s_veronita
Reviewed 28 May 2014

nice hotel, located in the upper area of bandung, very near to parahyangan university. Not to close with crowd attraction places. Not near to food stall or restaurant. What I pity the most is the room is not under good maintenance, even though the lobby was looking nice, some details left to be maintain. For examples, room we stayed for 2 nights have some stain in the ceiling, bathroom need some work. Breakfast wasn't ok, but lunch is okay. We took 2 single bed, in the same room on ebed is less comfort compare to the other one, including the pillow is less comforst, dunno why.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

as i came to this hotel, the concierge staff open my door and greet me, offer to help me with my luggage as i travel with my kids. the hotel lobby was fine, but the fo staff didnt greet me till i reach the counter. then i mentioned my name as i have made reservation b4. i booked for Junior Suite, then he gave me the key.

the carpets on all corridor are very dirty, not recomend u to stay if u travelling with ur baby...

as i enter the room, it was awful, smells bad, curtain hanger is loose, the curtain it self was very dirty. the Ac look so poor, it was brown and look so old. then i ask to upgrade my room, then they gave me Royal Suite, it still dusty and smelly, but better than the previous room. i checked in but ask for the housekeeping staff to clean it again. and shockingly found that my bath towel is tored a part and other one have stain on it, not to mention the telephone line is off so i have to go down stairs and ask them directly.

the fan in bathroom are also not working.

during the breakfast, the staff are not helpful, instead of assisting us, what they do is lean over the wall or ralling stairs abd starring at us..

Room Tip: do not stay at this hotel, they will only dissapoint u.. and make no use of ur money...
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 15-17 April 2014, in my opinion:
Meeting room : 7 (ok)
Internet : 3 (very poor quality)
Food n resto : 8 (nice)
Swimming pool : 8 (nice)
Room : 6 (bathroom needs renov)
Location : 8 (easy to be reached)

If they dont make improvement about the internet connection, I think I will put this hotel in my downlist.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I booked this hotel after checking there was good offering price, and it said 4 stars hotel.
The hotel is easy to find and the location is near Dago and Cihampelas. I asked for smoking room, and is good. I was surprise that I didnt smell cigarete at first when coming.
Some minor I found :
1. I booked deluxe king bed , bed, floor are clean and tidy. Everything were ok except I checked on bathtub, no plug, and also no hair dryer. But I call housekeeping and their response is fast.
2. Hot water not always available, especially on peak hour where people are taking bath, bit annoying for me especially for 4 stars hotel, which is never happen comparing others.
3. The towels already old...clean...but old.
4. Pool is clean, but too much chlorite hurting my eyes, so use glass when swimming.
5. Breakfast is average, but they provide espresso.
Overall I will say, since I pay for less money even in weekend, so I am not that disapointed. But this hotel does not deserve to be ranked 4 stars, suppose to be 3 stars with high price.
Since nothing special from here, I will consider to find another hotel with same price but has better service in everything on my next visit Bandung.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2013

we (family with older children) stay one night. this hotel need serious renovation. floor, bathroom, ceiling, window, are not properly maintained. if the maintenance well-taken, this hotel should be great. hotel location is quiet surrounding, large parking area, large room, large window & overall hotel design/lay-out are the their strenght. without serious renovation, this hotel is not recommended for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family