Rumah Ebo
GrandMercure
US$57
US$44
US$31
Hotel Citradream Bandung(Bandung)(Great Value!)
US$25
favehotel Hyper Square(Bandung)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$28
  • Breakfast included
US$35
US$216
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed in this guest house for 2 nights in early Dec 2011. Room are of average size with basic furnitures. Bathroom with basic supplies like soap and towel. Mosquitoes repellent were also made available in the room. Breakfasts were of average standard. The first morning we were served bread & butter plus plain white rice with fried chicken, boiled egg with chili and mixed veggie. The 2nd morning besides the bread & butter, we were also served soto ayam or compressed rice with chicken soup. We took our breakfast outside our rooms as there were tables and chairs placed there.

We placed tips on the bed for the staff to clean our rooms but it was still there when we came back and the room were cleaned. There was a mixture up of laundry but the staff managed to get my clothing back - nice and clean.

This guest house is situated in an elite area and a barrier was brought down at 10pm. We were not told of this matter and had to drive a longer way to reach this guest house after 10pm. Shopping and eating establishment can be reach within a 10 mins walking distance.

The only setback I would like to report here is that the staff did not help to carry our luggage when we arrived there. We carried our luggage to our rooms ourselves. I wonder if this is a norm for guest house's staff to treat guests.

Overall this place is nice and maybe we will be back - who knows.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Rosila
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were impressed with the price, location and the good reviews of this place. But were we in for a surprise. We booked a room with Double bed, with an additional bed, as there were 3 of us. When we checked in, the extra bed wasn't ready, and they said it would be ready by the time we came back from our shopping.
Or so we thought.
Shopping checked, no bed.
They said they will 'install it' after we came back from our dinner.
And thus we went.
Bakmi checked, still no bed.
I lodged a complaint, and within 10 minutes, a staff brought a tattered, torn (complete with a huge gape) mattress to our room. I refused straightaway. They said there's no other mattress available and 'forced' us to take it as I had agreed to pay for extra bed. I refused. We argued. I went to see the owner. She wasn't very pleased, but finally relented with a term: we'll still pay for the buffet breakfast. Fine with us.
Strike 1.

Buffet breakfast was a HUGE disappointment. It was an array of dry toast (fly-infested butter), some weird red thingie, boiled eggs, and FREE FLOW of coffee and tea.
Strike 2.

We decided to hire a driver from the hotel. Before checking in, I had already negotiated the price for renting a car, 2 full days, 8 hours a day. Imagine my surprise when the owner told me to pay extra as I didn't specify which places I wanted to go. I told her the destination shouldn't matter as I rented the car by the hours, not by distance. She refused to give in and insisted we pay extra.
Strike 3.

The ONLY good thing that this place is, its decent driver. I'm sure the city is full with other hotels within the location. Your money would be well appreciated somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank DGlobTrot
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I chose to stay here because I heard so many good review about it. The place is nice, and has this homey atmosphere, however I personally think that the price they offer is a bit pricey compare to the service they offered. When I was taking my shower in the morning the hot water was not hot at all, and the employee told me that if I want hot water I have to wait half an hour, I assumed they use solar water heater so when too many people use it in a short period, it just run out.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wenny_go
Reviewed 8 March 2011

stay for 2nites, rooms ok, breakfast ok,very peaceful place

on the last day stay, was asked by the reception to pay the room as we checking out the next day, the cc machine not working..n its was our fault too accidentally said that we will get cash from the room. After paying go out for dinner, come back only to see envelope with the cash inside only left RP50k. We really dont want to pickpoint but obviously who else knows that we kept the cash inside our room (we kept some of it coz of bad experience with pickpocket outside).
What make it worst the day checkout no one came to see or talk to us,except transport manager for our driver there (huh?)..not even rano or ibu kiki checking our situation. the transport manager said its 1st time happen in rumah ebo..well, there will be 1st time for everything kan. No one even at the reception area when we wanna give back our room key. Why like that .tho' we have bad experience there but have some courtesy lar..its not like we didnt pay for the room :|

for rumah ebo : i know u read this..very dissapointed of how u handle bad situation like i had

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ibumia
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I spent last weekend in Bandung and stayed in Rumah Ebo just off the Dago road. The location is great being near good restaurants and is centrally located to to get into town via public transport. But it is in a peaceful neighbourhood far enough away from the main road.

The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. The rooms are very clean and my bed was more comfortable than my bed at home in Bogor!! Breakfast was included in the price which is eaten out in the lovely garden to the sound of the little stream filled with koi!

Would definitely recommend Rumah Ebo to anybody travelling to Bandung.

Nici