“Average hotel.”

Aston Tropicana Hotel Bandung
Ranked #50 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel was highly recommended by a friend who stays here whenever his family travels to Bandung because of its location. Personally, I didn't like the very busy road leading to the hotel. The room assigned to me was without any view. Breakfast spread was OK. Staff were quite friendly. Special mention to the Jamu Lady who went around table to table recommending and encouraging diners to drink some jamu during breakfast hours. She was very friendly and drinking jamu (other than for post-natal), was an experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nursya
There are newer reviews for Aston Tropicana Hotel Bandung

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Started by the slow service during check-in. well it was half an hour earlier for check-in (13.30), so we had to wait until 14.00 as common check-in time. By 14.00, room was not ready & they were still cleaning & vacuuming. They apologized and asked to wait again until the room was ready at 14.50. Wish they could get it ready before 14.00 as booking was confirmed.

Room was old and equipped by old mattress, blooded blanket & dimmed lighting. Housekeeping service was extraordinary slow, we called housekeeping for floor mat and waited for 1 hour mat never. We reminded them by calling housekeeping, room service, front desk & operator yet nobody attended our calls. Then called again & finally room service answered yet still waited for half an hour without any mat delivered. With a high tone as our last call they admitted that they received wrong info of room number, so couldn't deliver the mat!! What an excuse for almost 1.5 hours waiting.

Location is superb.

Suggest to consider again if you are about to choose to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel needs a major make over for the accessories like the aircon and the internet . wifi was so slow and at 16degrees the aircon was not cold enough.informed room service and nothing was done .stayed there for 3 days.buffet breakfast was ok.Just take note that if anyone is staying on a weekend,there might be some functions like birthdays or weddings or what so ever that might be a great disturbance to ur sleep.other then that it is fine, the hotel is just in front of chihampelas and nearby chi walk.just 5 mis.good for shopping just in front where u can get good things at great bargain.if you order food via room service ,its going to be costly and not worth it. This room i took was a smoking room,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Loved this choice...convenient and accessible but the whole pavement of chihampelas cld do a major improvement. Staff are all very pleasant n helpful. Apart from bit, we only ordered room service and they are just yummy. I recommend n certainly wld return for he gurame bumbu Bali with rice...better share. We also got massage in the room...bit short changed on timing coz they clocked only 75 minutes instead of the agreed 90 minutes..enjoyed it nevertheless.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one week in January 2014, only one problem was at check in 14:00 the room was not ready and had to wait one hour for the room.
Room was very nice, quiality of food from resturant and and room service was good.
Fitness Centre is top quality and has the lastest equipment.
Accross the road are some factory outlets and walk up the road 100 meters there is a nice shopping centre with many good quality resturants.
All the staff are very polite and helpfull. Top hotel look forward to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I did business trip to Bandung at the being time and also planned to enjoy the town in holiday vacation after finalized the business things. Therefore, I picked Aston Tropicana with aims close to the business meeting place and even closer to Cihampelas Walk (Ciwalk) as a quite good interest place.

In Bandung, sometimes will be a nightmare to drive your own car in weekend, and this hotel helped me to provide car parking lot for my car, although the area perhaps not big enough. I can just walking to everywhere as it was close enough.

The location of this Aston is the key. Located in the heart of culinary and fashion center in Bandung makes the hotel very strategic in the perspective of food and fashion hunter who crave for walking distance food places.

Staff were also great. From security until officer did their job almost perfectly (if I do not allow to say perfectly), fulfill any guests needs in supplies and information very well. Seems the atmosphere of Bandung is holiday city also embedded to them, so they might know everything about (public) interest places, transportation, etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adhi N
Reviewed 3 January 2014

All rooms are provided with bathtub and this is one of the reason why I chose this hotel for our family holiday in Bandung. Shopping area and restaurans are within walking distance. Actually you can shop for T shirts, jackets, bags, key chains and other souvenirs just accros the hotel. You will have better deals if you shop at night, just before all the sellers pack their things :)

We booked 1 premier room and 3 deluxe rooms. I booked via hotel's website and will strongly suggest you to check their website before booking from other web. When I did the booking, they offer good rates. You will not charged until you checked in. After I booked, I received email for the booking confirmation and 3 days before check in, I received welcome email. At first, they offered level 7 for me as I request higher floor to avoid any noice from the hectic activities across the hotel. However then I noticed that only level 3 (partial) and level 5 that provide non smoking room, so the friendly receptionist help me to find rooms at level 5. We ended up to be separated quite far, my room just next to the elevator while the other rooms was in the middle, and the other end. Well, not a problem to me as we can easily communicate using the hotel phone (room to room).

Swimming pool consists of 1 kids pool and 1 standard pool. Pools are clean, but very cold. Fitness center is a public fitness center. No towel were provided in both pools and fitness area. You also have to bring your own bottle in the fitness area as they only provide water dispenser, no glass.

I thing this hotel is 2 buildings combined to 1 because there are 2-3 staircase down in the middle of level 5. I can also tell that the furniture in the lower section is older, also only warm water available instead of hot water. The night before we check out, no warm water available at those rooms. We did not complaint as it is not a big problem to us.

I feel this hotel is old, but quite clean. I think the room at the end (far from elevator, room no 755) is the biggest deluxe room and even had a coach instead of 2 chairs. But no hairdryer and only warm water as mentioned before.

Breakfast, to my surprise provide lots of varieties: breads, porridge, rice,vegetable, chicken, beef, eggs, cereals, juices, salad, sausage (they ran out of sausage at our second day breakfast which made our children dissapointed as they are looking for the delicious beef sausage). They even provide sushi and cheese.

All staffs are very friendly and patience. Hotel shop offer a good stuffs of acccesories like pearl earrings and necklace with reasonable price, dont forget to check it. If i was not mistaken, the pearls are from Lombok.

The negative things were:
- No welcome drink provided to us eventhough we waited for more than 1 hour (we arrived at around 12). When I checked out, the guy who checked in asked for welcome drink and told me that I have to ask otherwise no welcome drink will be served.
- I think for the price and the stars, you will expect higher quality hotel. But the great location and friendly staffs will cover that :)

Room Tip: Only level 3 (partial) and level 5 that provide non smoking room. Ask for rooms near elevator if yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family