“almost got cheated - not a hotel for non smoking person”
Review of Hilton Bandung

Hilton Bandung
Ranked #7 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
jakarta
“almost got cheated - not a hotel for non smoking person”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

this is my first time and will be my last time staying at hilton bandung.
i had book and paid my room one month before arrival. i had put specific request of non-smoking room with two bed. 4 days before arrival i had called and confirmed my room and my request.
what happened during check in?
i was told non smoking room was not available. then only a one king bedroom was available
i was offered an extra bed if i want to stay in a king size bed.
I immediately snapped and told the receptionist. I can understand if I just came in and want to book the room. but i HAD BOOKED and PAID a month before and reconfirm again. then if hilton cannot provide the request, then why bother to even put in a specific request note.
so then I got what I requested, non smoking room with 2 beds. but the ammenities were not in the room. since i got so pissed off and bad experience at checking the hotel, i dont really bother to call and asked for it.
first and last time I would be staying at hilton bandung.
previous night i was staying at sheraton bandung. the hotel is under renovation but the service, the room, the experience during check in was first class. just come and enjoy the stay, no need to get pissed off and feel cheated. unlike hilton bandung.

Room Tip: want money worth? sheraton and trans k
5 Thank andi w
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Andi W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is very disappointing to learn that we fell short of our normal standards during your visit. And what you have described should certainly not happen.

I understand that this has left a negative impression, and as we were not able to make this right for you during your stay, may I suggest to contact me directly at scott.wilson@hilton.com so we may resolve this for you.

I look forward to restore your confidence in the Hilton Bandung.

Kind regards,

+62 22 86066888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bogor, Indonesia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

It's my third stay in Hilton Bandung and I always enjoy it. I stayed in a two queen hilton executive plus room. And it is a really really huge room with two queen serta bed that made my sleep really deep, and also the room is very clean. The bathroom is also clean, with nice shower and big bathtub! The toiletries still same from peter thomas roth. The staff is very friendly, oh by the way you could have access to lounge which you can get free drinks and free snacks all the time! And also there's a free alcohol drink at night. The pool, is very nice and cold, not too much chlorine but still clean. The location of this hotel is strategic in the heart of Bandung, you could take a walk to enjoy the street food, it's near the Istana Plaza. I always love this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank monjunee
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Monjunee,

I am extremely pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Hilton Hotel give the great service, the staff is very helpfull and friendly. They always ask what do we need? When I have breakfast I didn't find baked beans, suddenly the staff made the bakedbean for me. Awesome!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Erik2727
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Erik2727,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Bandung and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Bandung some time in the near future.

Singapore
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

booked 2 queen double rooms and it was fantastic. breakfast was awesome and staff was accomodating in every aspect. confirmation was clear and precise via email.

rooms were clean and pool area very beautiful

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank serieiliyah
Dear Serieiliyah,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 April 2014

It's been a while since I enjoyed Hilton hospitality and it's nice that we have the closest Hilton from Jakarta which located in Bandung. When I first booked this hotel, that was a bit of misunderstanding regarding the price tag, and at first, the response from Hilton staff was not that great, but after I contacted the main Hilton customer service, finally they settled the problem and luckily I was upgraded into Queen Executive Plus room which was 2 tiers higher than my previous reservation. During my stay at Hilton Bandung, I got what I expected: nice and friendly staff and great "Hilton breakfast". The size of the room is huge. The 45 sqm standard size is among the biggest in Bandung, and my upgraded version was 52 sqm, made it very comfortable to put a baby cot (provided by the hotel) inside the room. Even they provided a baby tub for my 1 y.o. daughter. She really enjoyed rolling around the 2 queen beds, and when she's happy, I was happy too. Location wise, it's also really good.

My suggestion is to add extra types of foods during breakfast and afternoon tea, and probably to add alcoholic beverages (cocktail) in the executive lounge to make it similar to Hilton group standard across the world. Overall, it was a pleasant stay, and I recommend this hotel to any family that would like to enjoy quick escape from Jakarta.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leonyleony
Dear Leonyleony,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found that you were very happy and enjoy your stay.
I noted your suggestion in regards of variety of food, afternoon tea and beverages, this has been brought to the discussion among the department concerned and I am sure this will bring us to give better service in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Nice hotel, spacious room for family wth children and great pool ( hot tub ). The location is also at the center of Bandung city, easy to find traditional food. But I think the hotel need more space for parking area, especially while there's a party, really difficult to find an empty one.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Maryana G
Dear Maryana G,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you satisfied during your stay at Hilton Bandung. i also noted your concern regarding a parking space, your feedback is highly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stayed for a night at Hilton Bandung. I was welcomed with sincere smile. The room was not. Ready when I arrived at 10 Am as normal Check-in time is at 2 pm. The lady At The front desk was polite and courteous. Acted quickly and had my room ready in 30 minutes. Breakfast selection was quite a few. My favorite was noodle soup selection it was delicious. Was hoping to see scrambled egg but none was available. Staff at the purnawarman restaurant was attentive and efficient in service. Allow engaging. Shortly I was Addressed by my name,Well trained. Thanks to captain Farizand team.

The room I stayed in was very spacious, well appointed and modern with pool view . Felt comfortable. Noticed the Orange stool in the bathroom needs a new upholster.

Swimming experience was awesome. Great pool.had a few laps in the evening under the rain.

Concierge was helpful with taxi arrangements as well as recommendation of shopping experience.

Factory outlets are within 15 min ride.great selections for sure at affordable prices.

The check out process was swift.

I must say that Hilton Bandung has great staff. Do keep it up and see you all again soon.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank shentim0110
SDW662, General Manager at Hilton Bandung, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear shentim0110,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found happy during your stay with us.
Really appreciate for your feedback and thank you for recognizing our Team Member, Fariz, that is how Hilton treats our guest feels cared for, respected and valued.