“Good Value, Good Time”

GH Universal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
“Good Value, Good Time”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed on this hotel last Easter holiday for one night with my family. I arrived on late afternoon about 4 pm. The check in process was quick, and they provided afternoon break with coffee, cakes, and snacks. And I tell you after driving for hours from Jakarta, that simple coffee break can really mend a broken heart.
The hotel style was nice. I'm not really a European architect fan, but my kids loved it. The pool was moderately nice, but I think the kids pool was too small. They should know that kids are the prime customer of swimming pool.
The room was nice and spacious. But the bathroom was very small with no bathtub. The balcony was actually nice but they only put two ugly plastic chair on it, very unfortunate.
The breakfast was nice but lack of variety. The best thing was that there's no queue on egg section (this is very important). After breakfast there were some kids activity like painting and cooking class, another nice touch.
When we were about to checked out, we received a Brunch Break. It was more of a lunch break cause the food was even better than the breakfast. This a big plus, cause we could leave with full stomach, and ready to drive back to Jakarta.
And one more thing, the staffs are very friendly and well trained.
I will surely go back

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Europe style. Nice hotel to stay. Spent one night in this hotel and what can i say it was superb! Love the decoration (interior/exterior). Not a strategic location but if you're a type who prefer quite place, then this hotel might suit you.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MrAron
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked a superior with breakfast room for 1 night, and in the special request field I checked on the Large Bed option, and I noted clearly that I wanted 1 large bed for 2 person to stay, and not to give me the twin beds.
And at the time I checked-in at the hotel, I was very disappointed when the front desk told us that I got the twin beds room. Even after I explained to him that I've asked for a large bed. We was forced to sleep on the combined twin beds, with a duvet cover on top of it. We couldn't sleep well, since the bed was not fit for 2 person on one side, and the gap always widening whenever one of us tried to sleep near the center of the combined the bed.
I know that there is a note saying that the special request are subject to each hotel's availability. What I really regret is with an advanced system such an Agoda, and for a 5-stars hotel like GH.Universal, at least one of either Agoda or GH.Universal should call me or at least emailed me, informing that the large bed was not available at the time I purchase. But nothing was done.
At the front desk, they told me that they didn't get the special requests nor the additional notes I filled in. Then I wondered, if the special requests and the additional notes at the booking page was not transmitted to the hotel, then what is the Fpoint to put it on the website? It is so Fpointless.
It's very embarrassing for a 5-star hotel to have service such that, and for an advanced hotel booking website like Agoda to not transmitting the request to the hotel so that the customer blamed the hotel for the poor service.
This shouldn't happened if Agoda just transmitted the request to the hotel, so that the officer in charge can let the guest(s) know about the availability of their request.
This is very contradictive with the tag “Smarter Hotel Booking”. Sorry to say, but I don’t think it is smart enough.
And even my review in agoda was not published.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ParadisoZ
Reviewed 8 April 2014

G H Universal looks very impressive in photos, that's why we decided to stay here for two nights during a long weekend. The hotel from the outside looks very nice, indeed. It was like being transported to Europe. Once you go inside though, that's when you realize that it's all fluff on the outside. After almost six hours of traffic from Jakarta, we went thru check in mercifully fast.. We stayed at the family double queen room (128) on the first floor. I read from one of the reviews that their rooms have poor air conditioning and I have to agree. The room was so hot- even though the temperature was set to 18 degrees, we can't even feel cold air coming out! We reported it to the front desk for repair, they were supposed to fix it while the room was being serviced but it was still hot when we got back. We had a terrace but our view is a blank wall- we can't see anything beyond the wall! The bathroom was so small with a funky smell and minimal toiletries. The flat screen TV was too small in contrast to the size of the room. The only positive thing about the room is it's very spacious with two queen sized beds enough for a group of four. The brighter side of our stay here is their Belle Vue restaurant. The view was very nice since it's situated at the topmost floor. Service was great too, food was okay and affordable. It's supposed to open 24 hours but we suggest not going there too late in the night because they ran out of several food choices when we had a late dinner during our second night. The staff were very friendly and speaks very good English. One thing I don't like though is they don't want you to charge the restaurant bill to your room account. We found that very odd and a bit insulting- seems like they don't trust us to pay up when we settle our room bill. All in all, we won't come back to this hotel anymore. There are better hotels in Bandung than GH Universal.

Room Tip: Don't choose a hotel room on the first floor with a view of the wall. Stay away from room 128
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Roman S
Reviewed 17 March 2014

stay 1 night here, last vacation with my wife, restorant upstairs is ok and unique. the view from top is good.

but the room is so small for this price. and no bathub, i can get half price in bandung with spacious room and bathub. the pool that time is kind of dirty since there will be stage in the midle of the pool they built for some occasion. and you can imagine at night time.. , far from romantic. i stayed in this hotel since i read the review is romantic hotel. but its just ordinary hotel with ordinary service.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sipengembara
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

At first i want to celebrate my wedding anniversary at Bandung and start to think to spend a night in completely different kind of hotel and i found this hotel. It's located at the higland, the air was so fresh and cold, the lobby was great and we can take our photograph there. I booked superior type of room and it's so fantastic in view to the outside, the interior was so italian, but it's too bad that the floor not equipped with a carpet. The breakfast also fantastic and many various kind of food that serve there and when we ate at outside, the scenery around us was so beautiful. Next time we will come again and hopefully we can get a discount.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Agustinus C
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Thanks for the provide us with complimentary drink at lounge. The room is very well design but we request big bed however they provide us 2 single bed . The location is very great cause near to the fire mountain and famous restaurant daun. 20 min to the outlet rumah mode.
Most important is we have the supper at the 5th french and Italian restaurant, environment is damn great. Drink and food at reasonable price.
Strongly recommend