“a green hotel in a green environment”

Puteri Gunung Hotel
Ranked #199 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Puteri Gunung is conveniently situates outside Lembang, if you travel by road from Jakarta, you can avoid the legendary traffic jam of Bandung. You need to leave the tollway 50 km before Bandung taking a country road to Subang, a scenery road that will take you through ananas and tea plantations. Then you will arrive west of Lembang and stop at Puteri Gunung thus avoiding another congestion. The hotel has been built some 30 years ago with solid materials: stone, marble,granit and is undergoing a renovation (ask for the renovated rooms). Each room or villa faces the garden and a very beautiful view on the valley. Staff friendly, clientele essentially Indonesian families and groups.

Room Tip: ask for the superior room located in the gardens, away from the road, and the renovated ones.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I travelled with my family at the end of december 2012, we've got the room in this hotel by Agoda. my room was old, run down, but spacious with the "need help" wooden floor. actually. i choose this hotel coz the photos at their website were amazing. In fact it wasn't. the view is just average for me, Lembang has many places and views greater than that. so, I felt that I was choosing a wrong hotel. especially if I compare it with the room rate. it's quite expensive for the resort view they promised. the service also quite slow, I have to repeat my request for 3 times before finally take the room slippers by my self at the front desk (try to imagine that !!...., hahahaha). the breakfast is "humble" (if I can use the word) for the resort standard. but the swimming pool is huge enough. I suggest you to ask for the, at least, standard balcony room if you wanna stay here, don't take the standard garden room coz it's disappointing.

Room Tip: don't choose the standard garden room, it's too expensive for the oldness.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Staying at Puteri Gunung for a weekend.

My first impression when entering the hotel is the atmosphere was relaxing. Good cool air, mountain view, shady trees.

A bit disappointment when I saw that my room is quite old (heard they have renovated some rooms, but obviously not my room).

Pool is ok. They have adult and kid pool. Both are plain ordinary but relatively clean. My boy spent his energy well in the kid pool.

Breakfast is simple but good. Some traditional Bandung food caught my appetite.

In term value for money, I would say that I am not really satisfied. Probably if I had renovated room it will be good one.

Room Tip: Ask to have the renovated room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Yadi W
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and my son (age 5) checked in on 28 Dec. we had earlier booked thru a reservation personnel Denni, however upon checkin they quote us a different room rate.
Our room was a suite room no 100 at the older building. It was very run down and it has a very funny smell. Toilet floor was stained. In fact nothing about the room was up to our standard. There is no aircon in the room and it get very stuffy and hot at night!!
The spa was another disappointment! There was no privacy and no silent around the building. It is located next to a block of rooms. I could hear kids running around outside the massage room while having my massage!
Restaurant was ok. Food was boring. Coffee/tea/spoon/fork was not served to us. The waitress was not properly groomed. They had their hair down while serving!!!
Before we checked out, we waited nearly 30mins for the concierge to come over to our room. They only came over after my husband had to personally call them over.
It is the worst hotel experience ever for us! Definately not recommending anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011
16  Thank watibasri
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We had a stay of 2 nights at the hotel.
The rooms are completely renovated only one year ago and are excellent. We went with a 10 month old baby and there was a nice babybed for her available.
The staff is very friendly and the food is good! In the restaurant there are also special chairs for little children.

Fantastic hotel for a stay over!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank Maart-Mal
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Arrived after very long journey to be welcomed by fabulous night porter (it was very late)! feeling tired and sticky went to room hoping for nice shower - no hot water, none for rest of stay merely lukewarm at best. Front of house staff were excellent, smiling and friendly at all times, waiters were very indifferent - it feels like two different hotels at times.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Quentin B
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Stayed here for a conference. The duty manager, Mr Donee, was exceedingly helpful getting us all of the resources we needed. Lots of facilities. The swimming pool was great, and you can even have pony rides if you like! There is also a spa, mini-soccer field, badminton court, tennis court and karaoke lounge. Only negative I can think of was that the food got a bit boring after a few days... there could have been more variety. However everything else was good. Note that traffic in this area is awful - if you want to travel into nearby Bandung (~10km away), plan for 45 minutes to 2 hours. Note that wireless internet was only available in the main hotel building. The rooms (seperate buildings of 4 rooms each spread out over the large hotel grounds) do not have internet access.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank MikeZandvliet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandung
VillaTel Salse
Cinnamon Hotel Boutique Syariah
Sandalwood Boutique Hotel
Sandalwood Boutique Hotel
#69 of 231 in Bandung

Been to Puteri Gunung Hotel? Share your experiences!