“Bandung Bagus”

Ranked #30 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Bandung Bagus”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It was my first trip to Bandung, was there from 26th-30th Nov. As my partner & I are more to the adventure cum shopping kinda travellers. Depends on the location that I travel to, most of the time, I like to lower my expectations so that if I get more than I expected, I will feel happier.

So here goes in terms of category:

Greetings & Check-in: Awesome greetings the moment my cab arrived at the drop-off/pick up point. Since we arrived 2 hours earlier, we were kindly advised by the receptionist, Amanda to have a good meal at Kings shopping mall then return so that she can process the check-in. She got the bell-boy to safe-keep our luggage and voila, we were off to makan. When we return to check-in, we managed to change to a higher floor as previously requested in the email. Overall, for check-in all went smoothly.

Room: It was a deluxe room and its AWESOME with DIM romantic, relaxing lighting and also because i did not expect that it will be so spacious! TV was sharp & clear and we get a variety of channels including HBO & Fox Movies. Bathroom was excellent to me (well equipped w hairdryers and water-spray hose), only my safe machine was not working but it did not matter as I did not require to use it anyway. Oh the room air-con was not cold, but for us it was okay still since I don't fancy air-cons. For those who experience this, just call up the friendly staff, they will definitely attend to you right-away! So far in the rooms no probz w mosquitos, prolly only at the lobby areas at night.

Food: When it comes to food I'm not a picky-eater. Breakfast every morning its good enough for me cuz' it ranges from basic cereal, to buns & breads, egg-section (scramble eggs, omelette, half boiled, u name it! they can do!), pasta, veggies, baked/grill potatoes (this are really gd ones), heavier meals are like gado-gado, fried rice, bee hoon & KEROPOK soo important etc.haha

Amenities: Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby and the dining areas, we had feedback to the kind guest-relations officer, Ms Fany who had informed us that the entire hotel will be going thru a "wi-fi upgrade" so that all rooms will have access to wi-fi most likely from next yr onwards. So its good! The pool area is average, some might not like it, gym has basic equipments and good enough 4 those who just need a 30min run or workout (:, there is a lounge/bar and very affordable massage service which u can opt to have it in your room! Alpha-Mart is just conveniently located downstairs, you can walk thru' the dining area entrance to wards to the mart - there is practically everything there (soap, perfume, drinks, ice-cream, coffee, noodles, breads, u name it!) Similar to 7-11 in SG.

Its walking distance to King's shopping mall, Pasar-Baru & dunkin donuts! Very convenient. If you want to visit the volcano areas, the nearest one is Tangkuban Perahu, its approx.30mins away! As for Kawah Putih it will take 2-3hours depending on traffic. Be sure to get hotel staff to call for you taxi-meter (if ur travelling in smaller packs, its so much convenient this way (:

Overall, I must applaud Golden Flower for its service! Not only the constant greetings & smiles, helpful staff but also we receive a complimentary plate of fruits & cake with icing that says " Have a nice day with us" - super unexpected and sweet. Really appreciate it! Thumbs up to all staff especially Ms Amanda, the receptionist & Ms Fany (GRO) for the attentiveness and your pleasant service. Will definitely be back, prolly next year with a bigger crew!

[p.s - pardon me if there are any spelling/grammatical errors ;) ]

Room Tip: Always choose rooms which have higher floors and away from the lifts/meeting rooms - more quieter (=
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank IdaVamp
fomgf, General Manager at Golden Flower, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear IdaVamp,

Warmest Greetings from GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung,

Many thanks for your wonderful review, and apologize that we still unable to give you our best services. Regarding safe machine actually it's worked,it just locked but should you required it kindly just inform us, and should you found something unsuitable at your room don't hesitate to inform us. And yes we are on progress to install wi fi at room on 2014.

Once again many thanks for your review and looking forward to have you here again.

Nandang Djuarsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

On 22-26 Nov 2013, my family and I went to Bandung for our family vacation. We're staying at Golden Flower Hotel for 5 days. We experienced very awesome day when stay at this hotel because everything about the hotel was good. The comfort rooms, the friendly staffs, the amazing foods, the cleanliness environment of the hotel and so many more good things of this hotel. If I got any other chance in the future to visit Bandung, my 1st choice would be this hotel!
Really recommended this hotel to others. A very big thanks from us to every staff for having us that day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
fomgf, General Manager at Golden Flower, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear SITIJAMILAH,

Warmest Greetings from GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung,

Many thanks for your wonderful review and it's our pleasure to know that we could deliver our best services to you and family, always looking forward to have you and family here again at GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We would like to say out heartfelt thanks to security department-night shift, Dede, taufik, manager vincent, conciarge Fanny n those who had help me when I had an emergency allergy attack which almost cost me my life. VINCENT was very nice to offer me a room service breakfast when i was recuperating. Fanny ensure that all our needs were met. This hotel is not only nearby mosque, pasar baru but nearby realible international hospital in case u need medical attention. Kudos to all of u-mastura, taufik, dhia n family

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Massie80,

Warmest Greetings from GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung,

It's our pleasure to know nothing happen to you and you are in superb condition now. Many thanks for your review and our pleasure that we could deliver our best services to you and family.

Warmest regards also from Fanny, Vincent and management for you and family, always looking forward to have you and family here again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights.
Room was nice and clean. Love the sofa area where can just chill after a long day of shopping.

Breakfast was average. Love the Health Juice.
As my friends and me are sausage lovers..
It was missing for all 3 breakfast that i had. Sigh! :(

Staff are attentive and efficient.

The mosquitoes are a problem at night.

No Wifi in rooms. Bummer!

Overall.. A great stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear SupsteeL,

Warmest Greetings from GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung,

Many thanks for your review and apologize for inconvenience happen during your stay. Regarding sausage we didn't display it but you may ask for at egg corner so you may have it fresh and warm, and for the wi fi in rooms we are on progress to install it on 2014 hopefully on your next visit we able to served you better..

Once again many thanks for your review and looking forward to welcoming you again here at GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel on your next visit to Bandung.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel early Nov and was really impressed.. The service n bfst with its huge spread of buffet were really awesome,  variety of food from local to international . The deluxe room was spacious and clean with nice deco. I was welcomed with cakes and fruits in my room on my first day. Their staff, Puteri and Fana are very attentive. Location wise were also good where shopping areas are surrounding the hotel such as pasar baru less with less than 10 mins walk, shopping mall King is also a stone's throw away..

The only thing that i would like to suggest is wifi shud be available in all rooms rather than just at the lobby. Please carry out mosquito fogging also as I discovered that in the evenings n nights when we were at the lobby there were a lot of mosquitos.  Other than that there is nothing to complain and I will for sure come back & introduce this hotel to others. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
fomgf, General Manager at Golden Flower, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Ak47d,

Warmest Greetings from GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung,

Many thanks for your review and it's really a pleasure to know that we can deliver our best services to you. WiFi at room area is being discuss with owning company and many thanks to remind us regarding mosquito at Lobby area.

Singapore
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The hotel staff is honest, friendly, helpful and attentive, particularly the GRO, Ms Fany. I left my iPhone behind and they returned back, declining tips. Even the bell-boys would negotiate lower taxi fares for us. The room is clean and any feedback about it (e.g. blown light bulb) has been attended to immediately!

Location is good for bargain-hunting shoppers. The multi-storey shopping complex, Pasar Baru, is a short walking distance away and there are endless bargains!

We have no time for spa, and no young kids, therefore unable to rate these 2 categories. Overall this hotel is value for money!

P.L. Chua

Dear PL C
Warmest Greetings from GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung,

It's our pleasure to know that you feel comfortable during your stay with us and I believe that all of our staff will do what Fany did, we will do our best to make our customer comfortable and secure.

Many thanks for your review and looking forward to welcoming you here again at GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung.

Cilegon, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I and my friends stayed just 1 day in Bandung. At that time, the traffic was bumper to bumper on the road.
Moreover, it was really hard to find the hotel by taking Google map. We went past the hotel by wrong information. The road near by the hotel, it's a one-way street. We had to drive the long way round.

It was inconvenient not to have an ashtray in smoking room.

The buffet breakfast was just average, but it was a very good price for food of that quality.

The hotel was clean and staff were friendly and courteous. Especially "Fany". She has got an angelic smile. :D hehe.

Overall, this is a good hotel. I want to stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Lincoln_1211,

Warmest Greetings from GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung,

Apologize to know that it's quiet hard to found our hotel location, on your next visit should you need any assistance for direction just please contact our hotel to guide you. For ashtray we don't set at all room, but should you need any just inform us to provide you with.

Looking forward to welcoming you again here at GOLDEN FLOWER Hotel Bandung, and best regards also from Fany.