“Nice hotel for weekend break”
Review of Sensa Hotel

Sensa Hotel
Ranked #42 of 229 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Stayed there in one of their Senior Executive Room (we were upgraded from Junior) for weekend break. Beside the size (the Senior is 8 sqm bigger than the Junior), there is no difference in terms of facilities between both types of room. It is located in one of the most crowded area in Bandung, but don't worry, you won't hear any noise from outside once you were inside. In overall, it’s a good hotel for short stays and worth the value.

Room
I was impressed by the room size and the unusual half-sphere wall shape. The design reminds me of 1960’s futuristic-designed space-craft cabin. It was clean and smells fresh. The room have a big window with a view of the city and slight of the mountain. It was very nice to wake up in the morning (as the sun rays came through your room) and the first thing you saw through your window was a blue sky and clouds. In the evening, the view from the city lights was also nice. The mattress & pillows were comfortable, sheets were clean and also the towels.

The decent size shower cubicle has standing shower only, no bathtub. The water pressure and temperature was working well, no hassle at all. The bathroom is also equipped with modern toilet with eco-washer. Toilet amenities were standard. Air conditioner worked well and did not make a noise.

The LCD TV was mounted on one of the room’s pillar. There is a cupboard and safe deposit box. Free wi-fi in the room.

Staff
I found the staff to be rather slow, so expect 10-20 minutes before you got your key while you check-in. But at least the check-out was fast. They are mostly friendly and helpful.

Location
The hotel is located in Jalan Cihampelas, one of the most crowded street in Bandung, especially on weekend. During our stay on Saturday, there was traffic jam practically the whole afternoon until late night in Jalan Cihampelas. The hotel is also adjacent (and connected) to the Cihampelas Walk (CiWalk), a compound of shopping mall, restos/cafes and open public area. This is probably the advantage of staying here. Rather than going to city centre (Dago area) & struggling with the city crazy traffic jam on Saturday night, we spent our time roaming the Cihampelas area. The CiWalk has various eateries, cafes, and some shops. Outside the CiWalk compound, there are also lines of jeans stores, Factory Outlets, restos, cafes, and snack stores. The locals also hang out in here on weekend.

One more thing about the location, most of shuttle service companies have their pick-up point on this Cihampelas area, so if you use this shuttle from Jakarta to Bandung & vice versa (like us, we used X-Trans, and their pick-up point is merely 20 meters from the CiWalk), you only have to walk to your shuttle’s pick up point. Taxis are also plenty, but as I said earlier, be prepared for the traffic.

Dining
We only had breakfast in the restaurant, because for lunch and dinner, we went outside as there are so many eateries around the area. The breakfast was good, it has decent variety of foods and the taste was not bad at all. Go early, as the resto can be very crowded on Saturday & Sunday morning around 8-9 am.

Facilities
We didn’t try the facilities, but the hotel has swimming pool, spa and small gym (see pictures). The swimming pool was full of children around 9am and it was located next to the resto, so they practically can watch you swimming. LOL. So if you really want to use it, go very early in the morning, when the resto is still empty and children are still asleep.

As Jakartan who oftenly visit Bandung for short weekend break, this hotel ticked most of the boxes. I will come back to this hotel for my next weekend break.
But for the foreigners, I might recommend the hotels in the city centre, as it will be closer to Bandung’s city attraction (Bandung is a living museum of art-deco style colonial buildings, they are still very well preserved!).

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank andy_zu
There are newer reviews for Sensa Hotel

Reviewed 16 February 2011

The hotel meet our expectation but during checking into our hotel the concierge cannot handle the situation because there was a couple of people also checking-in. It was friday nite they should have more people but other than that the hotel was fine. the room, the breakfast it was all good

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Stayed here because of the location. The hotel is nothing to shout about, very average room and basic bathroom. The swimming pool is very small. I feel it's way over-priced for what we got. The service staff left me with a sour note as they messed up our booking. The worst thing was they made us move out of our room 2 hrs after check in as they wrongly gave us a superior room when we actually booked and paid for standard room. Their own mistake!! But we were certainly annoyed to be told to pack up and move just after we settled in.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I was there in 08/10 (apologies for it is 4 months ago!!) with an extended family totalling 13 persons. Chose this hotel due to the reviews from TA. I must totally agree with the reviewers for Sensa, and we are glad we chose Sensa. Well designed practical rooms, comfortable bedding, clean and the bathroom is well designed esp the shower. Strong water supply with good hot water system. We were there during the month of Ramadan and upon check in we were given complimentary voucher for the breaking of fast ... Hmm!! the snacks presented were a pleasant start to our 3D2N trip to Bandung. Breakfast..was Yum Yum too!. A good variety and service was fantastic. I bought some local fruits to be shared with my family - F&B staff gladly took it from me, washed, sliced and had it nicely presented back to us in a platter. On our last breakfast, I wanted to do the same with a pineapple. But that morning, they had a large group of people. thus,I did not have the heart to ask them to slice it up as they were very busy. Thus I decided to offer the staff the pineapple instead as we were not able to eat it too cos' we were also rushing to check out and get to the airport. The F&B mgr did not want to accept this instead he offered to have it cut up and place into a box so we can still have this whilst waiting at the airport - instead it was placed in several boxes as we were taking different flights. This is what I call taking initiative and its service from the heart! Fr Front Desk to Conceirge to Room service .. all Very good. Staff speaks English - limited but easy to understand. Sensa is located next to a shopping Mall - thus easy for food & other amenities etc. Thank You Sensa and Keep up the good service. And maintenance! .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed in this hotel on last week for 1 night. all i can say,, i like its simplicity ... dont forget that it is clean too .... the location is great, it is located in Cihampelas,, where at night i can go by walking to one of favorite restaurant in there, Warung Laos (you should try this) .. the breakfast is great, the pool is also great, however, if i can suggest, it will be good is there is a partition put in the middle of the hotel's restaurant and the pool...cause it feels not comfortable to swim and seeing other people watching us from the restaurant.

the negativity of this hotel is the service given by the front desk people...it takes a quite time for me to check in ... because only several people served us ... but again,, the location is great,, me and hubby walked in cihampelas walk and watched in its cinema at night ... there are also several restaurant and cafes in Cihampelas Walk too...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crispirol
Reviewed 27 December 2010

Stay at this hotel from 20-23 December 2010 at Junior executive room at 12nd floor.
First thing to say about this hotel is that this hotel location is great. It is beside the Ci walk shopping mall where you will find plenty choise of food, garments, cinemas, and musical live show, everyday. If your trip is just for 3 to 7 days, bored is th elast thing that you need to worried about.

In addition, since my room was at 12nd floor, the sight view is amazing. When you open the window at night, you will wake up in the next morning in the cloud. Though it might be different cases if you stay in lower floor, but still the view is great becasue the hotel elevation is still higher then the surounding area.

The laundry department is great. When you expect to have you luandry back in 3 hours, they can manage it in time. Lovely.

The room is standard. You will find curve shape, and white color dominationg the hotel both interior and exterior. Carpet is not available in the room, so for the one that prefer step on warm surface when you awake, dont expect it in this hotel room.

My biggest problem about room is its bathroom. The shower is too weak. It is hardly to have sufficient bathing in the room. In addition, the hot water supply is not sufficient at all. You need to let the shower for some minutes to have the hot water flow from the shower.
Razor, as normally equipped at this kind of hotel is not provided as well. But it wont be a big deal because you still have mall just beside the hotel.

If somehow you come to with car, the parking is free for guest. Parking rate in the mall is very expensive. You will need the parking receipt to be stamped at reception to have free car park.

The breakfast is good. Beside main menu like bread, egg, and nasi, you will find different side dish everyday. Just ensure to ask the waiters to open the window in shiny day because the room is not air conditioned. But it is worth, the wind and air is fresh and cool. No complain about it.

The internet is very slow. You will need 3 minutes to open yahoo page. You will not be able to download something more than 5 MB or so since the admin prevent you to do so. But considering the speed, you will not be ablo to do it anyway.
I write the review after I go back from Bandung. Have tried to write review during my stay, but 3 times I tried were fail. Once I sucessed to open this site, the connection was lost somewhere in the middle, so I lost all my review.

Overall, it is not to bad stay in Sensa Hotel. But I am quite concern with the bath room, in particular with weak shower and short supply of hot water that makes me not to recommended the hotel to others. But if you have no problem with that, the hotel might be a good choise.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank id02910
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I love this place. The very modern and clean look of this is a great change as I move from the sad Grand Seriti. Stayed at the Deluxe room. Rooms are spacious with lotsa window. Amenities are complete and bed is very comfortable. Better bed than Hilton! They even have a pillow selection. But frankly the superior are good enough as they have pool view with balcony. As it was raining the whole day, I'm not annoyed at all as there's a mall link to the hotel! Such convenience! Food, market, cinema... everything is here. No travelling needed and it's walk out to Cihampelas! Staffs are friendly and the Spa is fantastic. Paid bout 200k for a 90mins massage. Service and skill are fantastic. Much better than the over rated Roger spa. Breakfast selection is also very clean! Overall I love this hotel to bits and having stayed at Hilton and Grand Seriti, Sensa is my absolute favourite!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple