“best nougat roll in town...”

Bawean Bakery and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 32 Bakeries in Bandung
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, European, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

yummy.... really love the nougat roll...
their nougat roll have a rhum creamy fla in the middle... very delicious and make us can't stop eating... once you open the box, u already can smell the delicious rhum flavour...
a must cake to serve for birthday or special occasion..

2  Thank Liana W

Reviewed 13 March 2014

for rhum fans, this bakery is a real heaven on earth. but for me (not a fan of rhum), nah!! the cake here is a little bit pricey but the price is equal with its taste. some of my friends (who happened to like rhum so much) really loves it. so I decided to try their creamy puff pustry. It contained no rhum and it was sooooo goooodddd. the best pusff pastry I've ever had. they filled so many cream in the puff and I ate it all without even remember that I was on diet. haha. actually, I am not the fan of creamy food but this puff pastry really got me.

2  Thank chebyn r
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Definitely not my plate of cake. I know the place has been there for yearsss - maybe from my grandma and grandpa years, it used to be a lovely place with delicious cake (to them) so when I passed by the place, I needed to try - but seriously, what to like? I could only taste rhum and nothing else. Wasn't even a rhum cake but there's no other taste to taste lol..It was only rhum, bitter and all. I don't like it. Even my uncle and aunt who were very excited to eat it again weren't happy. They thought the same, it's just rhum. I may be biased cos I don't like rhum anywhere near my food - but my uncle and aunt? 'Nuf said.

1  Thank Mia V
Reviewed 18 December 2013

its been here for generations, and the quality doens't change overtime. always been my favourite, the rhum and all. for birthday occasion, the cake is a must have item!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

If you go here you must taste the rhum ball. It is very delicious and quiet cheap. I know the food from my hostel receptionist (Pinisi Hostel) and it's definitely the best rhum ball that I ever tase in the world!

1  Thank Nuevo R