“Satisfied”

Cihampelas Hotel 1
Ranked #121 of 316 Bandung B&B and Inns
“Satisfied”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My friends and I stayed at Cihampelas Hotel 1 for 3 nights. I would not say that it is the best hotel in Bandung, but given the affordable price that we paid, we are very satisfied. Generally the hotel was clean, the staff were very helpful and welcoming, the hotel is strategic (not too noisy for us to sleep yet we could get almost everything that we needed just a stone throw away), and the breakfast was simple yet filling.

Tips: Try the street food around the hotel or ask the staff for practical tips. We can't love it more.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tocangah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We book through agoda to stay in this hotel, based on the picture in the webpage. but unfortunately, it is not as what you see in the picture. Upon arriving, we noticed the renovation is on the way. The hotel is very dirty with mud and cement and all sort of construction thingy. First night, we were assigned to superior room on 1st floor as booked. as early as 8 am, the renovation continues, knocking, grinding all the way through the day until late night. the second day, we were asked to move to the other room, and the renovation, the dirty, the mud still going on until late night. the 3rd day, we went for sight seeing, and only be back to the hotel around 8 pm, and to our surprise, we were moved again, to another room type without our consent and all our belonging were moved by the hotel staff without our permission.

This is the worst experience in my travel so far. This hotel is by far the worst, dirtiest, unhealthy place that we ever stayed. Should the hotel want to do renovation, it should not received or take any customer. I Would NoT Suggest this hotel to anyone. Very Very BaD hotel and their management thinking, just want people's money without proper accommodation as payed.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel, go for a better one
Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Akukah_Jejakaitu

Travellers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Reviewed 5 February 2012

we stay at this hotel for 4 night. we go for 6 persons and had 3 rooms.luckily the other 2 rooms was ok and mine was a bit uncomfortable its maybe the air..i started to flu at night..we get basement rooms..unexpected.but the staff was very friendly and helpfull..the breakast baked bread was delicios and so as the fried rice. its a budget hotel and i find its place in good location near to shopping area..will try cihampelas 2 for our next trip

• Stayed January 2012
Malaysia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Nothing really exciting about this place.More of a guesthouse rather than a hotel.Room location is convenient i.e. on the ground floor next to the Reception but the disadvantage is that it is noisy.

As the road to the hotel is on a one way road,taxi trip back to the hotel will face a jam,during peak hours

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Suffice to say that I booked this hotel because I had no more options. I decided to go to Bandung at the very last minute and was looking high and low for a hotel that is within my budget. Unfortunately for me, I travelled on a weekend that also coincided with the school holiday in Bandung. After hours of searching in the internet and many phone calls, I finally got this hotel and it was within my budget. And this was two days before my travelling date.

The hotel looks good from the outside. I got the deluxe or the executive room (cannot remember) but it has 3 single beds in the room. This was the only room available. Everything in the room was old and run down. There are stains on the mattress and pillow, the tv was old, the bathroom is huge but not so clean as I could see molds on the door! The shower didn't work properly, it was broken. At night, I could hear people walking in the corridor so it could be pretty disturbing. And the room only has one small window which is very high up so you cannot see through it or even try and open it if you need some air. This hotel has no elevator. I didn't even bother to have breakfast here.

Location wise, as it is on Cihampelas Street, it is therefore very close to many shopping and food outlets. So it is pretty convenient for shopoholics. However, Cihampelas is very well known for its massive jam so it can be very restless just trying to get out from that street.

My advice: 1) only stay here when you don't have any other option. 2) if you plan to go to Bandung, book well ahead since to hotels can be fully booked especially on weekends.

Room Tip: book well ahead so there are better options available.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo