“Perfect Indonesian Food in Downtown Bandung”

Anggrek Shopping Hotel
Ranked #107 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 10 October 2013

What can i say ? it was just great experience eating in the hotel Anggrek. We were so happy finally we sit down and enjoy the cool environment after spending all day shopping and yet this hotel is in the best location. I am fortuned to know the chef, he was my old friend in high school so he prepared the food for us, he knew i work in the same field in Vancouver so he wanted to make impression and he did, he nailed everything he served. We love oxtail soup, Tahu Petis, Bbq Ribs we are really enjoy the food and hospitality, and also the prices are very reasonable. Well Done Chef Dave Suhardja!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights
Pro:
- value for money
- spacious room and toilet..the ventilation in toilet is good
- convenient, located in the Riau Junction itself and in the hub of Riau outlets, all within walking distance
- don't expect much if you just need a bed to sleep in clean environment.

Cons:
-staff short handed
- emailed for airport pick up 2 month before arrival and send another reminder 2 days before arrival, but no one turn up. Called the hotel after waited for 30 minutes. There's no record I asked for airport transfer?? and saying they cant arrange one because the time of arrival is too early ( by time I collected my luggage it as 8am)

Room Tip: I stayed in room 209, not facing the road..quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lizzy171
Reviewed 29 August 2013

During Augustus, I have going to bandung. so In My family( Mrs Hani ) was booking for us. My family stay in dago, they showing to us already booked in Anggrek Shopping Hotel. I stay at 9 Augustus 2013 room 310. So I did Breakfast, Really Breakfast is soo Good and Excellent, they have so many nice food. Oxtail Soup, and Ketupat, the taste really Great. Better Than I have stay before in other hotel 4-5 stars in bandung. I and Family so proud of this hotel food's. And The Room Really Good and Clean. Staff also really Friendly. Thank you Anggrek Hotel Shopping. Next Time we come back to your Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Roni74
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The location is very good. If we need simple hotel with nice room to spent holiday at Bandung, this hotel is recommended to be considered. We did not found swimming pool or gym,but it's very near to food place

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 9 August 2013

It's a good hotel in bandung, especially @Jl. Riau, since many hotels here are expensive and some of them are not worth of the value of money.
Me and my husband put this hotel in our favorite hotel in bandung. We're already here 2 times with our baby, and we got a quite pleasant time staying here.
The room is quite spacious, the bathroom is neat, and it's quiet except for the Air conditioner. Various breakfast menu, tastes good.
The only weakness of the hotel is some of the staffs are just simply impolite. Our 2nd time at this hotel was not very pleasant. That time, We checked out and decide to walk around the mall (riau junction). When my husband prepare for our trip back home, I wander around hotel and ask the security about weekday rates. He replied with a smirk on his face, "our standard room is Rp.510.000, that's not including taxes and we only got superior room here, standard room is only at hotel anggrek gandasari". After that, some fella comes out of nowhere (outside the hotel) asking about cipaganti travel and talking about their "almost-late" time for flight to surabaya city, and without any words, he's just abandon me and our unfinished conversation.
Not to mention that I got an unfunctional hairdryer in my room which I knew but since I don't really have any use of it, I don't call for replacement.
If only I experience it at my first visit, I'll rate this hotel bad, but it's only happened once though and other staffs are friendly, room service willingly wait about 15 minutes at the door to deliver our order.

Room Tip: You don't want to stay in room 305. room is good but very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Nice hotel..it was connected to sopping mall and the location is near to distro area and FO area at riau street. Meals are available in every corner near the hotel. Also its offering a good stayingbprice. Thank ou

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We enjoyed our 5 days stay at Anggrek. The only complain we had was the noise from the rows of aircond compressors that were right outside our room. It's a 3 storey high hotel so there wasn't any view to start with. Location was good, with a small shopping mall connected to the hotel where you'll find a supermarket as well as a food court on the 5th (I think) floor.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple