“Old old old. Do I need to say more?”

Dago Highland Resort
Ranked #131 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed 2 nights in this hotel on 11-12 may 2013 in their superior rooms. They have 2 kinds of superior rooms, with and without aircons. I don't really mind if the hotel was old. But what bothered me was that it was old AND super dirty.

Beware of ants attacks! I asked the room service for the insects spray. After waiting for more than 2 hours, I had to call them again, and they said that they have ran out of the insects spray! Didn't they have spare money to buy the spray?
Finally after my husband complained hard, they came with the "almost finish spray can" and sprayed everything.

If you have a balcony in your room, you wouldn't be able to sit there anyway, because the chair were dirty with bird poo and They didn't bother to clean it. It was too scary to be in the balcony because it was so dirty!

The only good thing about this hotel was that the restaurant staffs were so helpful and nice. When they knew that my son was sick, one of the girl staff rushed and bring us a glass of warm water for my son, that kind of service you can't find anywhere, even in a five stars hotel.

Overall, I will not come back to this hotel anymore.

Room Tip: Choose the city view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank p00pies

Reviewed 26 December 2012

The 1st time we were trying to get there we thought we made wrong decision because of the steep road. But once we arrived, all the effort was paid. The scenery was really beautiful, especially from the pool.
We rented deluxe room and it was spacious and had a great balcony with beautiful valley view.
It is highly recommended to do online booking since they usually offer 50% off from their published rate.
The downside is the meals there are expensive an not that good, but no worries, you can call the receptionist, they are quite helpful and will be willing to help you to make a call to a fast food delivery order restaurant around Dago.

Room Tip: Ask to have the one on valley view side
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Belong_to_Tarzan
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We got to this hotel late at night, and d room that was booked through agoda turned out to be far away at d other wing of the hotel, with some of steep steps involved. When we got to d room, its old and spooky as there's not enough lighting. We asked for a room at d front/nearby d front desk, and what we had is a room with brick wall view. If d place isnt located far up in d hill not to mention we got there late at night, we would probably pack and leave.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Cottage style, with view to Bandung City

1. I have got the clean and neat room
2. Friendly staff
3. There are no room lights, but i have got the good response when reported it. The technical staff repaired it fast
4. No mosquito
5. Because this hotel is build in the nature area which so many trees, it is definitely so many bugs will come to your room
6. My experience, I have got 2 leeches in the bathroom walls in the night. I did not know where they come from. If you find the leech in the wall, just shoot them by hot water. Don't panic.

Restaurant Tip: So many exotic restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andreas T
Reviewed 10 May 2012

It located in the end of tarmac road in Northern Dago hilly area. Great view to Bandung city, even you can see the airplanes took off and landing on Husein Sastranegara International Airport Bandung. The access could be a challenge, but it is ideal place to held a serious meeting which requires intensive brain work.
Meeting participants from outside Bandung might find it difficult to access, yet they reluctant to get out for leisure. The hotel provide complete package for meeting, including 3 times meal, thus no reason to get out for meals.
The rooms are quite clean, although there are cracks here and there, particularly in the bathroom. Lots of stairs as this hotel located on the slope of a hill. Probably not perfectly safe for under five children.

Room Tip: If you travel with family, choose room 28, opposite to the spa. It is a spacious room that children...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Klabang
Reviewed 29 December 2011

yes. you read that right! at first me and my husband think this resort would be a good place for us to have a weekend break. we booked superior room. it was a big room but we can hear noises from outside. Means.. people outside can hear us talking!

and then, we saw our upper window. from our bathroom view, we can see people from the lobby passing through. So I asked the staff to cover it up. you will never guess what they covering the window with..newspapers.

after 2 strikes, here come the 3rd strike. I found a condom box under the desk next to my bed! too bad I didn't take any picturse for proof!

the pool and the weather was nice. breakfast? not so good.

and of course, we wont be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Ayu U
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I actually have no problem about this hotel except its quite remote location. My GPS didn't really help and at one time I need to ask for direction. That's pretty much my only problem, which is to find the hotel.

I got room near receptions. Got plenty of sunlight and fresh air. No bathtub on the bathroom, only shower. Hot water runs every time I need. The place is quite old. The restaurant chair is worn out but the view from here is great. The food is not disappointing but nothing special either.

Hotel restaurant is open until 11pm. Staff is almost always ready to help.
If you need help finding the location, there are 2 well known restaurants, Sierra and The Valley, located near this hotel about 10 minutes drive away. There's this one steep crook that makes you don't want to leave the hotel until checkout time.

Room Tip: Room in front, near reception area got a lot of sunlight
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple