“2nd Time Experience”

Ranked #25 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“2nd Time Experience”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at Ibis on early August 2014 yesterday, this is my 2nd time there. While for my 1st experience with Ibis ended with excellence moments, not for the second time around.

I dont know whether it is caused by Lebaran's holiday moment or else, but the first day i checked in there it took me almost 45mins to get to the front desk (i came around 11am), the queue were horrible, and it get worse minutes by minutes. When i already in front of the front desk officer, he told me that i can't get to my room at once and i need to wait until 2pm to received my room key card without any explanation why, and that's not what get into my nerves at the end. When i returned back to the front desk at 2pm as requested to get my room key, they told me to get in line on queue again, which took me around 15mins till i received my room key card, oh my goodness!

On second night, when i returned to my room i saw that i didn't get my bath mat after being cleaned, but luckily in a minute the room service knock on my door and deliver my bath mat without me called and asked for it first. But then on third night, i didn't get my bath towel change, both of them.

Room and the hallway are clean and very spacious with comforting in-room equipment. Staff are nice. Place in the strategic location next to Trans Studio mall and in the heart of Bandung, it is very easy to go everywhere with public transportation.

Maybe it's just not my luck this second time around stayed at there, since it is too crowded and discomforting. Not recommended to stay there during lebaran holiday, because you wont get any quiet satisfaction (too many children who's yelling and running in the hallways)

Room Tip: Do not stay there during lebaran's holiday, since it is fulled with family who "pindah tidu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for coming back to ibis bandung. You're right LEBARAN time is the busiest time of the year, we had some 5000 room nights demands and accept only 606 rooms, you can imagine.

Sorry to read your disappointment to wait 5mn for the key ! Pls Accept my apologies for that and hope we can deliver your room key in less than 5 mn next time.

Check in time is 2pm, all info are on the web, on booking confirmation etc. no way to change it, we do our best to give all rooms at 2pm. This is a worldwide usage to provide rooms at 2pm and check out time is 12 noon...why such comments? I dont understand.

Regarding the mat and towels in the rooms, I am happy to hear that our room attendant came back to change the linen without request, it show a commitment for satisfaction, maybe you think different but not me, we provide a service excellence without request ! what guest can expect else? fair.

Also be aware that during the period we had some delivery laundry problems (outsourcing company) who was delivering linen very late daily. sorry for that,

Lebaran is the busiest period and we are happy to service properly 1100 breakfast on daily basis.

Front desk you may wait for 3 to 5 mn only, I think I always wait more time at airport on check in! so delivery room key in 5mn is good enough.

Hope next time your experience will be better and enjoyable.

Best regards

Patrick / GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Really worth with the price, strategic location, near to Mall & lot of street food nearby, there's also mini market across the street.
What become minus for me is limited space for reservation desk & small lobby so when check in time will be so crowded and long queue. And only few staffs on duty will be a problem for guests who need to keep their belongings at the concierge. They already busy with the check in guest. Please be patience. But if you arrive earlier (before 2 p.m.) and the room is already available for you, they will give it right a way. They have express check out box, if you were not using any room service or mini bar, just drop the key in the box and you can go. The security staff is really nice and helpful. They will happily help you to find taxi.
The room is really cozy with smoking and non smoking floor, clean & modern. Size of the room is standard, not too small or not too big. And the most important they have free wifi, but don't expect fast connection especially in the afternoon until late night.
We didn't take breakfast facility because lots of variety food options nearby especially at the Mall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Krishna Lie

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor, it is excellent for your to inform the next customers what they can do and avoid for example queue at FO on check out with our express check out system. Yes we are a large property with more than 1000 guest every day, we just try to be sinple and answer to all questions from guest about the mall, the trans studio, the factory outlets opening time, where when etc.

For the breakfast, sorry to hear you didn't come as we have the most complete 3 star breakfast in bandung with local and international dishes and Pork free.

Our friday and saturday evening, try to discover the local food (friday) and the famous Jimbaran night on saturday, it is a dream for guest to have such benefits and we are proud to say that we serve 100% fresh fish and seafood (delivery same day every saturday at ibis).... please join us..with live group entertainment.

Kindest regards,

Patrick / GM
Tangerang
Reviewed 8 August 2014

ibis is a nice & good hotel. may be if the waiter/waitress when they serve for our breakfast more smile, their more pleasant thats more better for ibis hotel.
overall we like stay at ibis trans studio

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Madam,

Many thanks for your today's comments.
I'll share with all teams.

Hope to meet you soon in Bandung again,

Kindest regards,

Patrick
Jakarta
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed there during Lebaran holiday season with family (21the floor, 2 rooms with a connecting door). It was a peak season, full and packed with people, but they still managed to give us good service. What we like best is: the room is clean and spacious enough, in-room equipments (TV, AC, lamps, refrigerator) worked properly, the bathroom is clean, and free in room wi-fi with a good connection. Location is good, near to city center, attached to Trans Studio Mall where you can find lots of shops and dining places. You can also find a lot of food trucks in front of the hotel, selling various traditional snacks. If you did a pre-book and pay before your stay, this hotel also provide an express check out. No need to queue at the front desk, you just need to drop your room key in a certain box and leave. For a service, location, and facilities like this, I could say that this hotel has a good value for money.

Room Tip: There are rooms with connecting doors.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hotel ibis Bandung Trans Studio, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Sir Madam,

Many thanks for your nice comments about our property. In fact all details are important for our future customers to know about the service, the product, location, express check out system etc.

Again thank you and we really hope to see you again very soon in bandung.

Kind regards,