Bumi Bandhawa is exactly the place for some serenity. It is hidden in the back of a housing complex in Bandung, pretty far from the hustle and bustle downtown. The main building is an art deco inspired architecture, with another modern building housing more rooms in the back. It is surrounded by pine trees and greeneries, all I hear is birds chirping in the morning and frog singing during the night, just loved it. There's a shallow swimming pool for kids surrounded by lounges and an outdoor restaurant in the far back. Sounds perfect right?
Well, despite all the positive traits, there are definite improvements that can be made:
- Breakfast was dry and tasteless. Since this is an outdoor restaurant, they should consider covering the food so it won't be crowded by flies
- Cheap vinyl finishings on the floor & furnitures, but that's just my pet peeve as a designer :( And I don't get why they use such bright colors for their furnitures, they kinda hurt my eyes a bit...
- Bathroom tiles should be scrubbed to death to get rid of the mold on the grouting
Nevertheless, we would definitely come back here for some sanctuary, this place definitely made us feel peaceful & rellaxed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located far from the busy of Bandung City, the perfect location for meeting and leisure. The hotel has 16 suite rooms each with private balcony and modern minimalist design in refreshing and nature atmosphere. The building designed as residence, thus suitable to be enjoying with family or friends, it surround by beautiful, elegant and more personal ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bumi Bandhawa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.