“Hidden serene gem in Bandung”

Bumi Bandhawa Hotel
Ranked #22 of 317 Bandung B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Bumi Bandhawa is exactly the place for some serenity. It is hidden in the back of a housing complex in Bandung, pretty far from the hustle and bustle downtown. The main building is an art deco inspired architecture, with another modern building housing more rooms in the back. It is surrounded by pine trees and greeneries, all I hear is birds chirping in the morning and frog singing during the night, just loved it. There's a shallow swimming pool for kids surrounded by lounges and an outdoor restaurant in the far back. Sounds perfect right?
Well, despite all the positive traits, there are definite improvements that can be made:
- Breakfast was dry and tasteless. Since this is an outdoor restaurant, they should consider covering the food so it won't be crowded by flies
- Cheap vinyl finishings on the floor & furnitures, but that's just my pet peeve as a designer :( And I don't get why they use such bright colors for their furnitures, they kinda hurt my eyes a bit...
- Bathroom tiles should be scrubbed to death to get rid of the mold on the grouting
Nevertheless, we would definitely come back here for some sanctuary, this place definitely made us feel peaceful & rellaxed.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bumi Bandhawa Hotel

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is so nice, it is small hotel but so clean and I like the atmospher here, it is green so quiet. The rooms so clean, the bar and restaurant so good. The location of the hotel is in the midle of Bandung but still good and not too many people. I recommend this hotel for a couple people who want to have a good quality time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

the air is fresh!
environment are great
interesting art deco vs urban design
love the rooms and bed
bathroom too small
bfast are ok
the pool is ok
but the internet connection is poor
the rate are reasonable
goid for family vacation

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

This is a kind of place you would like to go for a short gateaway, either for a business or family retreat. Location is within a residential area so best if you have your own car although hotel car can be booked from time to time should you need to go to town.
Room is descent, bed is comfortable. If not staying in the main house, you would have large balcony facing the swimming pool. No mini bar service and warm water is not necessarily available when you need it for a shower.
While the location is nested, unfortunately they do not guarantee good quality food will be served if available. Breakfast menu is depending on how many are staying at one time, it can be more variations when the hotel is crowded.
May not be my first choice of accommodation when returning to Bandung.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Glad to find this nice hotel through tripadvisor. I lived in Bandung for almost 6 years and never knew about it. I took my family here for a short getaway and we all definitely enjoy our stay, especially my mother whose childhood spent in Bandung and missed the cold weather and peaceful surroundings of the old Bandung. The view of pine trees and sounds of birds chirping could made her feel it again. Rooms are nice, with decent interior eventhough I feel a bit expensive. They already clean the pool, you can take a dip if comfortable being stared by hotel guests on their room balconies. It was a pleasant stay, except for their bathroom/hot water system that confuse us and doesn't work sometimes.

Room Tip: Choose all rooms in second floor so you can enjoy the peaceful view of pine trees.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I had a relaxing stay at this hotel since it is tucked away from the main road and in a quiet residential area. It took quite some time for me to reach the hotel because it is a bit far from the city center and also due to the bad traffic around the area. There were not many guests at the hotel during my stay so I basically got to enjoy the swimming pool, sauna and cabana all by myself. It is a small hotel so there were not many choices offered during breakfast. Room is a bit small but the bed is huge and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Never had a chance to stay at this property. We booked executive deluxe room for this weekend and 10 mins later they called to offer us an upgrade with added cost due to our booked room is not available. Obviously we refused to pay extra since we believe that we are in the right, then on the 2nd call, they said that a group actually has booked all rooms so they have to put us on a waiting list though on their 1st call they said the intended upgraded room is clearly available. We then decided to cancel the booking. With this experience, we don't think to consider Bumi Bandhawa in the future. We are very disappointed.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple