“Nice history hotel!”

Prama Grand Preanger
Ranked #27 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very nice colonial- style hotel. Very friendly people.
Good taxi- service and nice museum.
Good location in Bandung, central location in nabourhood of interresting Dutch old buildings.

But specially recommended for the nice staff!

Room Tip: Suite or Executive room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Warm greeting from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung

Thank you for choosing and staying with The Prama Grand Preanger Bandung during your recent visit to Bandung.

Very nice colonial- style hotel. Very friendly people.
Good taxi- service and nice museum.
Good location in Bandung,
central location in neighbor hood of interesting Dutch old buildings.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that we will welcome you back to Prama Grand Preanger Bandung .

There are newer reviews for Prama Grand Preanger

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The room was seriously need to be redesigned. It was clean but the furnishings were like already there for 20 years. Old TV. Breakfast was good. Pool was nice. It's just the room, dark and gloomy. No re-booking for me.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariana A
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Mrs.Mariana A

Warm greeting from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for your time to write your feedback in tripAdvisor, and thank you for choosing our hotel as preferred to stay.

I am very sorry to hear you unhappy experience during your stay with us, especially with our television and furnishings but for your information that situation has one year ago, know we are move on already . we have renovation and redesigned with all television with LCD/LED .

Once again thank you very much, for good comment regarding our cleanliness and our nice pool, and we hope to welcome you to Prama Grand Preanger Bandung.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the first time I wrote a comment on Trip Advisor. with a short preparation it will be very difficult to make a good show, but how lucky i am because at that time me and team was stay at Prama Grand Preanger Hotel. a place that very recommended,clean,nice crews,delicious food, fast services, and especially thanks for Mr. Tanoto Salim (Sales Executive of Prama Grand Preanger Hotel), he's very helpful for the entire event. He patiently and perfectly serve every demand. for all packages of Prama Grand Preanger is PERFECTO!!! Thanks a lot ^^

Room Tip: Suite or Executive room are better
1  Thank Intan_permata
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Intan_permata

Warm greeting from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung

I am delighted that you were pleased with satisfying service , a place that very recommended,clean,nice ,delicious food, fast services, and especially our staffs, Tanoto. I will share your kind comments to Our staff , and Tanoto who one brilliant staff, I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Whenever I stay at this magnificent place, I always feel a deep sentimental feeling for this grand hotel was the 'Bandung residence' of my late grandfather in his heydays--and by that I mean really a good old time ago. My parents and I were regular guests since I was small, and discontinued my visit due to my study abroad. And now, I am glad that this gorgeous place is back at my close vicinity once more.

My last visit and staying was as good as the many previous ones. The Chef's magical hands never fail to give me the much needed morning boost through his sumptuous and still delicious meals. But the rotisserie is also at par in my joyous afternoon tea. The room, while seems rather old-fashioned, is still as charming as ever. Hence, my grandpa was a loyal stayer for decades. And the wide genuine smiles from the hotel staff help ease my hectic day after a long and arduous business meeting.

There are a number of newer, more modern and grandeur hotels in the city. The Preanger has certainly a lot to catch up in terms of devising the latest and more luxurious hotel's equipments and facilities, as well as ensuring greater convenience--parking space is definitely one of the more serious hassles to tackle with. But not all of those newer and bigger international-chained hotels has character and soul. At its age, the Preanger manages to maintain its own, at least for me personally.

Most if not all of the hotel staff have made my stay as meaningful as ever..

Room Tip: Try rooms in the old building to feel the hotel's unique character.... But stay in the higher f...

Dear Mr.AbuBakarDhuroot

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience through TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable.

Thanks also for good comment regarding our hotel as a your expectation : our property as magnificent place,your complimentary for our chef's, staff at rotisserie .

Once again, thank you very much for sharing with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back Home here at The Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The first time my company used the Grand Hotel Preanger for coordination meeting pilot project my company and the fact is so satisfying service all of part in Grand Hotel Preanger,,nice design style room, friendly staffs, full smile and very helpfull

The staffs were also attentive and helpful. They know and they understand how to treat the guest. Moreover they know the importance of good review in this website. Talk to the guys in the concierge and amazingly enough that he understand the ambition to reach top rating in this website.

Special thanks for Tanoto Salim (Sales Executive) he is so help me in all of part the our activities my company, he is so brilliant staff, he is so very helpfull,,good job Tanoto Salim,,Thanks for your help,,,see you at another time,,thank you

2  Thank Ghustina G
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Warm greeting from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung

I am delighted that you were pleased with satisfying service , nice design, friendly staffs, full smile and very helpfull, I will share your kind comments to Our staff at concierge, and Tanoto who one brilliant staff, helpfull I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

In Indonesia people usually correlate historical building with a spooky ambience. But this is not the case with Prama Grand Preanger Bandung. This five stars hotel was built in 1920, but their recent renovation transformed this hotel to a modern hotel with inviting ambience. The property is well maintained, reviving their grandeur design back in colonial era.

Take a closer look to their Naripan Suites, which is located in a separated wing from the main building. This suite is spacious with a living room, which has a sofa that can be converted to a comfortable bed. Everything is taken care with attention to details, and the bathroom is clean and nice. They provide a great quality of men’s toiletries. My favorite amenity is the Mitaca-Illy Coffee Machine. A bit clueless to operate it, but the house keeper came quickly after we called and helped us to make a cup of coffee. It will be great if they provide a direction to use the machine. General hotel’s facility is also excellent, they even provides a hot shower in the pool area so you won’t be chilled after swim in the evening.

The breakfast is fantastic; both of Indonesian and western food menu are delicious. As a local hotel chain, they add an Indonesian touch with the traditional herbal drink (jamu). The waiter/waitress will assist you to choose which jamu is suitable for your health. Not only great facility but the service in this hotel is also great. Check in/check out process is very time efficient. The receptionists are very friendly and they remember your name. Definitely this hotel has a bold character that differentiates it with their competitor. A must visit place in Bandung to embrace the historical area of Bandung and genuine Indonesian hospitality service

Dear Guest value,

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thanks also for good comment regarding our hotel facility, cleanliness, Illy Coffee Machine, our fantastic breakfast,

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

One of my fave hotel in Bandung... Love the spacious lobby....

The foods are amazing and delicious. The Chef knows how to treat our stomach well. I personally amaze on the effort that they put on the breakfast menu. Amazing!

Though it seems to be too perfect, this Hotel still needs some improvements:
(1) The parking lots are very, very, very limited. I could not complain because it's located in the city center, but I do wish that they can give free valet parking.

(2) Nice swimming pool, but I do wish that they can give warm water on the pool. On the cloudy day, the pool temperature can be very, very cold so it's nice to have warm water.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Warm greeting from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung

I am delighted that you were pleased with our location and enjoyed our services and facilities. I will share your kind comments to Our staff at concierge, chef I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.

However I'm most concerned about your feedback with regard About, Limited parking area, warm water at our swimming pool, Please be advised that the unpleasant experiences you had has been brought up to the attention of all related Department Heads for our immediate improvement.