“4 days 3 night stay at Grand Preanger Hotel”

Prama Grand Preanger
Ranked #24 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at Hussein Sastranegara International airport on 25/06/14 @1200 pm (Indonesia time), and waited for almost an entire 45 mins for the hotel transfer pick up svc which already included inside the itinerary to pick us up but it is a no show. I then call up the hotel management and was told that the driver was on his way to pick us up only after I brief them about the arrangement base on the itinerary. Subsequently, We (4 adults + 3 childrens ) hail a 'private taxi' and went to the hotel ourselves. We are make to pay 120,000 rp for it.

As soon as We approach the front desk officers and told them about our reservation, one of it staff Mr Hangin start apologise for the hiccups earlier on and told me that the management will refund me the 12,000 rp upon check out which they did. I even receive an apology letter from the resident manager Mr Gerhard Lahallo for the unacceptable service provided due to the abovementioned incident which I lauded for his professionalism. Beside that everything else are perfect.

Staff's are super friendly around here. The foods spread during breakfast are delicious, hotel room is adequate and clean. There are also a free wifi in the room and hotel lobby area. It really make my day when they even took the initiative to surprise me with a complimentary cake and wishes me happy birthday right up to my room during my stays there. Overall, it is a pleasant stay for me and my family and I would definitely come back again to this hotel. My only regret is that I was not offer a free upgrade from a superior room to a suite as a sign of a token of apologies from the management due to their shortcoming.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Roslan J
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mr.Roslan J

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for taking your precious time to write and shared your experience through TripAdvisor during you stay at our hotel.

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our properties and services like Excellent Service from our staff It's a nice hotel very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the staffs also very helpful.Thanks also for your compliment for our staff Mr Gerhard Lahallo as our Resident Manager and Hanggi as a Asst.Reservation Manager I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back Home here at The Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Travelled free & easy. Using smartphone to google the places-of-interest for tourist like us is essential. International plug is a must (however, we forgot)

Booked a superior room but we got a free upgrade to a suite which was unexpected. Spacious with a nice and cozy bed. Bathroom has a very nice design. Toiletries is complete.

Staff is friendly. We requested 1 night earlier for a taxi to check-out with Bell Boy; Pak Jujun. Very efficient. To our surprise, taxi came 20mins earlier before we checked-out. He also came to our room 15mins early to assist with our bags.

The downside:
1) When we request for extra condiments & international plug with the front desk staff; Bambang, we were told that he will get someone to sent it our room but no one came or call our room to inform if it's unavailable. (We had to charge our smartphone using the TV usb port which is very slow)
2) In-room dining is not recommended. Everything taste dull and dry. Our change of 50,000 rupiah was not even return!
3) Breakfast is average.
4) Concierge is not attentive. There are 2 front desk officer, however both of them attended to 1 guest while the others are queing.
5) Massage in the hotel is just average.

Traffic is terrible. Stuck in a jam for 3hrs on-the-road to Tangkuban Perahu and another 3hrs back to hotel. Avoid peak hours. Even weekdays. Weekends is worst!

P.S: Minimum fare for taxi is 25,000 rupiah even when the meter is on.

Will visit here again hoping for better service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa K
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Mrs.Lisa K

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience through TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially our staffs,.Staff were helpful, I shared your kind comments to Our staff , and who one friendly and helpfull, I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.Thanks also regarding your comment : Spacious with a nice and cozy bed. Bathroom has a very nice design. Toiletries is complete.

However,about international plug actually all of the room is provided already at behind of luggage rack , also about attitude of our staff we are apologize it.s not your expectation, couse our staff not well info to you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very good ambiance, especially at new building
Very good culinary
Very good service
Very good location (down town and near to business district)
Very good facilities (add with more sports facility will be better)
Very good rates

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mohammad Syahre... S

Dear Mr.Reza S

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience during you stay at our hotel and posted in TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our propertys, food product, location and facilities.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I recently had the chance to travel to Bandung West Java and stay at the Grand Hotel Preanger.Centrally located this great hotel is a mix of Art-Deco from the 1920's to modern rooms and suites with Sundanese touches.The Hotel has all the things you would expect from a great resort including a Large outdoor pool, well equipped gym, sauna and spa facilities. I Loved the Museum attached to the hotel which featured photos and articles from the 1920's including Letters and info on famous clients who stayed at the Hotel such as Charlie Chaplin and Amelia Earhart. We had a lot of fun in the Night Club that had a great atmosphere and a good band playing. Best of all the Staff at the hotel could not do enough for me . Nothing was too much trouble.Although I have been travelling to Indonesia for over 30 years this was my first trip to West Java and I was really suprised at what a lovely city Bandung was.So much to see and do including a visit to a live Volcano and the Hot Springs at the Sari Ater Hotel and the best outlet shopping in Indonesia. I would recommend a visit and a stay of at least 3 or 4 nights to get a feel for the city and the countryside. I look forward to returning soon. Sandy Brasier Harvey World Mt Waverley

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Erik T, General Manager at Prama Grand Preanger, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mr.Harveyworld

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our propertys like Art deco design, Nice pool, gym and sauna.

yes, we are agree the hotel location is at central city of Bandung, close to tourism attractions, factory outlet, Shopping center and museum.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Excellent Service!!! It's a nice hotel and located in historical area in Bandung. I was upgraded to executive and suite rooms, which is big, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the staffs also very helpful.
A right choice to stay in the heart of Bandung City.... Definitely will be back again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs.Yona M

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for our properties and services like Excellent Service from our staff It's a nice hotel and located in historical area in Bandung. big rooms , Cleanliness and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the staffs also very helpful.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Being the oldest in Bandung, the warmth of a"mother's" bosom could be felt once inside. Staffs are well trained and super courteous. Breakfast is fantastic with the addition of traditional "jamu gendong" ( Javanese herbal drink). Taxi service at click of fingers by ever trying to please and smiling staffs. Feels like service one gets in A real top notch establishment.
Definitely will be back for another visit of relaxation from hustle and bustle of home.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Mr.Aden A

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially our staffs, Staffs are well trained and super courteous, fantastic break fast, I shared your kind comments to Our staff , who one friendly and helpfull, I,m sure they will be very happy to hear your compliment.

Thanks also for good comment regarding our hotel as a your expectation :excellent service from all of staff, and thanks also for your recommend to our hotel.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has change with upgraded hospitality. This hotel represent old building that has already renovated with modern style. All the employees are friendly and caring. The room are wide and comfortable and has "bolster" in everyroom. Staying in this hotel feels like

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr.Parlindungan M.

Warm greetings from Prama Grand Preanger Bandung,

I'm delighted to know that in overall you had enjoyed your experiences at our Hotel, which I look forward to share it to other team members who had make your stay more memorable, and especially for all of our Staff is very accommodative and friendly,

All Employees are friendly and caring, i shared to all team members, thanks a lot.