“Comfortable friendly clean Hotel”
Review of The Papandayan

The Papandayan
Ranked #8 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at the papa from 11th October to the 15th. The hotel has recently been refurbished and I couldn't fault the place. Room was large,bed very comfortable,service fine, staff friendly. Breakfast buffet quite good, pool clean and relaxing. The health spa gave good therapeutic massage and the sauna and spa facilities were first class. The location is sort of a middle point between the older braga area and the shopping areas in riau, dago chiampelas.

Room Tip: The mosque is quite noisy as the speaker is pointed straight at the hotel, so pick a room facing awa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I stay for 2 days at papandayan hotel, the bed rooms is not to big, but nice to sleep. When i breakfast the services very poor. I want tea, i try to looking for employee who can help, but no one around 10-15 minutes. But so many foods variety. So...up to you guyssss ������

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I reviewed this hotel in 2012 and stayed here again earlier this year. Based on that I booked in again as a returning guest. To say standards have dropped is putting it mildly. The former manager ran a tight ship and got things done. This is anything but.
I was contacted promptly by the hotel after sending an enquiry email - I asked for the same room type as on my prior visits
However despite assurances as to the room type - I got something totally different and substandard. It was small dingy badly maintained and the bed and bath were covered in long dark hairs.
I asked for a move and asked why I hadn't been given the room I was promised. I was told as those rooms had been booked for 1st and 2nd October. Indeed they had by a group on a conference. These guests had obviously never stayed in a hotel before and they wandered around in hotel slippers and took cutlery and crockery from tables and left their dirty cups on your table when they had finished. Mostly they seemed to ride up and down aimlessly in the lifts!
After seeing the room I complained and reluctantly they moved me. The duty manager was extremely rude and basically told me I wont be upgrading you. I would point out here I wasn't seeking a free upgrade but simply to get the room I booked and to pay for it.
The room I ended up in was decidedly average and very noisy, calls from the mosque at 4 15 am were an unwelcome wake up call. As were the early morning military flights, obviously double glazing hasn't made it here.
The breakfast was ok in the executive floor but a shambles in the main restaurant. (see above with wandering guests and also clouds of smoke on the terrace and doors left open so it invades the dining room.
One real turn off was guests taking the loaves of bread with their bare hands and holding them while cutting slices before putting them back so that other guests could enjoy their germs.
The evening buffet (and you are somewhat of a hostage here as there is nowhere else to go nearby) was dismal on 3 out of 4 nights. Poor food selection, overcooked tasteless, bony and fatty meat and no real structure to the menu. The piped music sounded like it was from a funeral, and they had no beer selection the first night of buffet.
Many of the front desk and concierge staff were very good and friendly, and the Ambassador Lounge staff were very good.
This hotel is on a downward slide, it needs renovation, and new management.
I will be seeking a new hotel in Bandung.

Room Tip: get one on opposite side to mosque
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FJB774
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed there for 2 days last August with my family. The room was neat. The bathroom was clean and nice, however I found the bathroom floor a bit slippery for my 1.5 years son. TV channel selection was OK, too bad there was very little selection for my baby (considering he likes baby TV, Disney Channel and Cbeebies which weren't available..). I love the hotel pool, but the water was way too cold since it was raining during our stay. Breakfast selection was fine, Hubby and I love the dim sum. We also got to try the in room service. Nasi goreng papandayan was great for our taste. We also tried the spaghetti carbonara and some fish and chips for my son. Both were delicious. My son also love to stroll around the tropical garden, watching the fish in the ponds and some birds in the cage.The location is quite far from the city center and it's a bit jammed during rush hour. But it wasn't a problem for us since our destination near that area.

Overall it's a pleasant stay and we sure would hesitate to go back there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank firdianna
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Check in was very prompt. Room looked well-kept and neat. Wi-fi connection is good. Breakfast buffet is awesome. Attentive and friendly hotel staff.

What i love about this hotel is the pool. It's beautiful with a fantastic view. Weather was all good and sunny.

Check out was very prompt too. Highly recoommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Hotel looks good, facilities are not too bad. Room looked pretty good, but can do with a bit more cleaning and maintenance. Bathroom was clean and nice. Friendly staff! Not much to do outside hotel vicinity, so we had to travel in taxis to get to places e.g. factory outlets in Riau. Overall, not too bad!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank m_a_t_1984_12
Reviewed 30 July 2013

love the room, especially the bath room.. and as i mentioned above, gotta love the b'fast buffet. dissapointed with the city tho.. lol bandung mah riweh amir sekarang.. gak cozy lagi. back to the hotel. overall thumbs up

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family