“Great Hotel with 'i called it a little bit bad experience' ???”
Review of The Papandayan

The Papandayan
Ranked #10 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Hotel with 'i called it a little bit bad experience' ???”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Due to miscommunication...when i came back from dinner and enter my room....uittt....where is all my luggage....my things...its all gone...i went out and checked if i entered a wrong room no....but nop...this is my room....but where are all my things gone???...i called the reception and asked where is all my things gone to??? They said...they put it at the storage room...OMG....meaning that they can simply enter guest's room and packed everything for you???
Few minutes later....they return it back to me....but sadly with different packing and 2 things missing from my luggage....no need to mention it what...but it is still a violation of human rights??? What happen if my passport or money is there??? Errmmm...but i dont like to make much noise as i am a guest to Indonesia Tourism at that time...but the Manager do call me...overall it was a bad experience to me :-(

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SuTLMTravel
Susy C, Guest Experience Manager at The Papandayan, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear SuTLMTravel

On behalf of The Papandayan staff and management, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during stay with us at The Papandayan Hotel.

In relations to your comments, we have done further investigation. We found out that the Duty Manager of our hotel has spoken to the Event Organizer and was given permission by them to move your belongings out into the luggage store.

I believed that one of our Duty Manager had explained you and apologized for the inconvenience caused on that day, however, once again we do apologies that you may not have been advised prior to the incident.

We will ensure that these experiences will never happen again. Should you have further comments regarding this matter and some inputs about our facilities and other services, please do not hesitate to contact me.

We thank you for the constructive feedback and looking forward to having another opportunities of serving you back at The Papandayan in the near future.

Susy Chandra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stay for 2 days, i see different services. They are helpfull and quick when i need something like sugar when i breakfast, looks organized. Wifi access from lobby better and easy to get. But hot water for shower is not good enough, i must wait so long until water warm. So far i see positive improvement from this hotel and foods taste is not bad. U can try if u go to Bandung.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Fnras
Susy C, Guest Experience Manager at The Papandayan, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Fnras,

Thank you very much for taking you precious time to write a review about The Papandayan on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for being a loyal guest to our hotel.

I'm delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and you have seen improvement on our services as well. I have shared your kind comments to our associates who always strive to exceed the guests' expectations

We all look forward to having another opportunities of serving you back at The Papandayan in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Staff were very attentive and made us feel very welcomed. The kids corner on the weeeknds are an excellent idea for families with kids. My daughter loved it and we were very greatful for it to amuse the toddler for a couple of hours in the morning.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Elaine

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing The Papandayan on your recent visit to Bandung, and also thank you for taking your precious time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that your daughter also enjoyed spending some times at the kids corner at our hotel. We always try to accommodate our guests needs whether they are staying for business or families with children. The Papandayan holds different kind of kids activities on weekends, for example last week we had reptile community where the children, even the parents were interested to see and pet the snakes, iguanas, lizards, etc.

Elaine, once again, thank you for staying at our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Papandayan Hotel, Bandung in the near future.

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great hotel with nice swimmingpool and surroundings. Good good en we choose a exec package which was good value for money. Helpfull staff who arranged our tickets to Jakarta. So overall great hotel to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Susy C, Guest Experience Manager at The Papandayan, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Roger,

First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your patronage at The Papandayan Hotel, Bandung and for taking your precious time to write comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is thoroughly appreciated that you found our overall products and services excellent during your recent stay. We are delighted to be of service to you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Papandayan Hotel, Bandung in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Building appearance and lobby design seems old but service, room and food were amazing. Very good hospitality as most of the staffs greet you with smile. The room was really comfortable with firm bedding, 32" Panasonic TV, elegant lighting and most importantly, clean. Bathroom amenities were plentiful and with quality. Stayed in room 121 with good view across the road. Tried their breakfast and lunch options, which were not disappointed - variety of options and guaranteed for satisfaction. Location wise was very close to Trans Studio and the toll road back to Jakarta. Highly recommended and again, thanks for making my stay really comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Majuw

First of all, thank you for staying at The Papandayan and for taking your precious time to write a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you found our products and services excellent. I have shared your compliments with our associates who will be delighted to be recognized in such friendly manner. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we strive to deliver services that exceeds our guests' expectations

It is our privilege to be of service to you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at The Papandayan in the near future.

Pune, India
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed in the papandayan hotel for a short period. I had a mixed experience of my stay.
Good parts:
-They upgraded my room to a suit on arrival. I loved that
-Their rooms are beautiful
-Their management is great and good hospitality
-The food is decently nice. On one of their traditional days their manager came up to me and took me on the guided tour of the food on display. It was very sweet.

Bad parts:
-bathroom of my room was stinking all the time. Specially when the person on the top floor would use his/her bathroom
-although i was told i had access to the lounge the card key would not work in the elevator and i could not access the facility
-i found worms in my broccoli
-their concierge is not very good in english so there was a little communication problem. But otherwise a nice guy
-getting a taxi from the hotel and back to the hotel was a problem
-dried and rotten fruits in the room's fruit basket that was never changed or replaced

Having said that, the hotel is nicely done up and is quite spacious with nice and friendly staff. But they have area to improve

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Swati

Thank you for choosing The Papandayan as your choice of accommodation in Bandung recently, and thank you for your review about our hotel on Trip Advisor.

We do regret that some of our products and services did not meet your expectation during your recent stay. It seemed like the main problem for your inconvenience during your stay was lack of communication on our part, our associates should have been aware that you should be granted access to the lounge, fresh fruits provided in your room everyday and smooth communication with the concierge.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We strive to provide services that exceed your expectations, and we fell short of our goal this time. I have forwarded your comments to our team to rectify the problems. I believe acquiring this insight will allow us to learn and grow and prevent similar issues in the future.

Once again, please accepts our deepest apology. We will ensure that these experiences will never happen again in your next visits. Should you have further comments regarding this matter and some inputs about our facilities and other services, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at The Papandayan.

Depok, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife just having short holiday in Bandung, Indonesia. After searching on the net, we decided to choose this lovely hotel since so many great review on tripadvisor about this hotel.

And it was amazing.........

From the front desk, restairant, in room dining and massage, everything are truly amazing.
The bathroom was great, they segregate between shower and bath tub, never find anything like this so far.

The only thing which small bothering me was the parking lot is very far from the main entrance. Quite difficult if you are driving and carrying luggages.

If they have free valet service, it would be the best hotel in Bandung according to me.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Susy C, Guest Experience Manager at The Papandayan, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Mr. Dimas P.

Thank you very much for spending your precious time to write a review about The Papandayan.

We are delighted to learn that you and your wife have enjoyed staying at our hotel and that you were happy with the facilities and services we have delivered. Kind comments like yours which I have shared with our associates, always motivate us to provide services that exceed our guests' expectations.

In relations to the parking lot, we realise that it is quite a distance from the lobby, therefore, in order to maintain our guests' convenience, we DO provide a free valet services. Please accept our apologies that the information was not delivered to you and for the inconvenience caused.

Mr. Dimas, thank you again for your kind comments. We are looking forward to welcome you back at The Papandayan in the near future.