Sapu Lidi Resort
Lembang Asri(Bandung)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewsnature environmentprivate poolricespacious roomroom serviceconcept
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed at the resort for three nights in October 2013. First impression was a calm haven. The reception area was calm and the transition to our room smooth. Our room looked out to the rice field. Our pool between the two villas was cool and clean. Refreshing! The bed was comfortable and the bathroom fantastic. Great bath! Breakfast was as you would expect. Substantial. We ate dinner at the restaurant and the menu was adequate. The food was tasty. Well presented. Restaurant staff were friendly and welcoming. The view from the terrace was captivating.
The shuttle bus to town was a bonus. About the only thing we found in the negative is that as the accommodation is in a traditional style (high roof) the air conditioning was not as effective as it
might have been.

Room Tip: The villas with the pool are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank limeypatience
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The evening before we were to leave Australia for a ten day holiday to this 'resort in Ubud' I received an email, stating that due to the Over Booking of the resort I was NO longer going to be able to stay in the one bedroom villa with private pool, over looking the rice fields and mountains, which I had booked and Paid for several months prior!! That I had to SHARE a two bedroom villa with others!! YES that's right we had to SHARE a villa with total strangers!!!
I know your thinking what I was thinking, this has to be a joke, someone is having a lend of me... NOPE after returning an email stating that this was totally unacceptable, and that it was Not the responsibility of the guests to make sure the resort was Not overbooked, yet the guests were being made pay for their inability to run their booking office!! And that I clearly would require the Villa I booked and had, had confirmed by your office, I was leaving tomorrow and wanted it in writing by return email, signed by the manager on duty!
You guessed it, NO was the reply, unfortunately it was Not available and the first over to share a two bedroom villa, was all that was being offered. So a phone call was placed to Indonesia, and we spoke to the manager on duty, and he said after much prompting: that he would get in touch with the other manager, and see what he could do, and that he would email us tomorrow?? We enlightened him to the fact that we were leaving Australia tomorrow and that we required an Urgent answer to this matter this evening! No! was the forwarding email to us latter that evening! So another phone call to Indonesia was made, but you guessed it, the manager had left for the evening...Needless to say, we DIDN"T stay at Sapu Lidi Resort. And I strongly advise anyone looking at this resort for a holiday, NOT TOO.

Room Tip: Not applicable..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ella054
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Perhaps i was expecting too much from this resort. But it was only natural because I paid quite a lot for my rooms there.

Booked executive suite and junior suite side by side. Here's my take on the resort:

Maintenance is definitely kept at a minimum. Either owner is saving money big time or simply do not care of the resort's quality and appearance. Rooms and surroundings are seriously in need of cleaning. Spider webs and dust are everywhere. Smelly rooms (due to humidity and plumbing), and this is surely something that can be dealt with. Doors, windows, curtains and everything else inside the room are either dirty, full of patches (minimal touch up to problems). Even door locks are not aligned and I can see multiple attempts in fixing the locks with screw holes around the latches.
Wood flooring close to the tub area is rotting and left that way. It is only waiting for an accident to happen.
Dust is present all over the room. and i do mean ALL OVER.
Window curtains are of a very cheap and filthy material. Wooden material that is used inside the rooms are visibly rotting and started to delaminating.

Walking from the parking lot to the rooms, I can see unmaintained lamp poles, rooms' facades, and rubbish bins in front of the rooms. The artificial lakes, though look quite natural from afar, are seriously dirty around the shores.

If I have to use one word to describe this resort, I will say CHEAP.

I will definitely not come back to this so called resort again. I simply do not understand the kind of manger that is managing this facility. Would this manager let his own house look like this resort?

Sorry for this bad review, but this is simply the truth.

For those who are planning to stay in this resort and not living too far from the site, I would encourage to visit and take a look first.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Bobbi I
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Sapu lidi resort offer a 'kampoeng' atmosphere, fresh air combine with kampoeng suite room. Really make you feel back to the villages. The suit room have lake view with balcony just above the water. They also have boat to take you around the lake.
Their resto in middle of rice field give you a different feel of eating in resto, i dont really taste the food, i just amaze with the view and keep taking pic :).
I hope they can improve their maintenance so guest can have better view and feeling in kampoeng.

Room Tip: pick at lease suite room which have lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alfa_bintoro
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We live in a hectic city, poluted air, etc. We need a peaceful getaway from all of that, so we chose to stayed at Sapu Lidi Resort. 3 hours driving car from Jakarta. The location is easy to reach.

My husband and I stayed at Junior Suite Room named Euis. It have a good view direct to the lake at the back of the room. Feels like you owned a private lake. There is a gap between the front gate and the front room`s door, its kinda cute and makes the room more private.

Fluffy and clean towel. Wooden floor, wooden window, ancient Java stuff.. They dont have AC in every room, but the air is kinda cool and fresh at noon and become chill at night. And as usual, I dont like hotel`s toothpaste and toothbrush, their soap and shampoo as well, I barely used them.

Because we stayed at the weekday, there`s no buffet for breakfast, there`s only couple of choises and I think its pretty lame. But, if you eat the breakfast at the restaurant, you may enjoy the ambiance "makan di sawah" and just forget about the lame a la carte limited breakfast.. hehe..

If you plan to stay at weekend, advance booking is a must! both for restaurant and hotel.. Oh and you can use the canoe to circle the lake in the morning.. cutey!

Room Tip: Ask for EUIS ROOM (Junior Suite), they have direct view to the lake. Bring your own mosquito cream and hair dryer.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple