“way less than i'd expected”
Review of Stevie G Hotel

Stevie G Hotel
Ranked #92 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I'm going to start by saying that this hotel has very quick service. Requests for internet access and an ironing board (no Mcguyver isn't my name) were answered and resolved in a matter of minutes.
My problem was the general state of the place. From the dead flowers outside to the 'tired' room. We were shown to our deluxe room (we'd upgraded from a standard) a room called "Ivory Met Grass", a spacious enough room but in need of at least a fresh coat of paint. I didn't mind the grass-green walls, i thought it was kind of funky, but i did mind the dark marks on many of the walls. The breakfast, served in the neighbouring Maja House, was good enough but the whole place was nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 July 2013

The room was more than we expected. We stayed at 'Illegal Immigrant' and 'Gelateria' themed room, and both rooms were into they concept. It was clean, the staffs were friendly and really helpful. The breakfast was delicious with many choices. But the breakfast time was late for an hour than it was supposed to be (from 6 am, but it turned out to be 6.30 am or more). It has fresh air surroundings, but the transport was very hard to find. We called a taxi, and waited for 1-2 hours. If you want to stay here, better be prepared to rent a car for a whole day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I have stayed here in my last 3 trips in Bandung and i definitely would stay here again if i am going there again ......

Its a nice boutique hotel located just next to Maja House ( recommended to have ur dinner here at the balcony and enjoy the city view while eating , thats another review haha )

the design of every room is so interesting , so inspirational .....almost every piece of furniture from the lamps to the sofas in this place are carefully thought of .......

definitely one of the best hotel to stay in Bandung ........

Room Tip: There is no lift , so please choose wisely if you do not like climbing stairs .....
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I knew about Stevie G from the internet, first time I saw it, I fell in love with the concept. I like the hotel concept which very unique, they create different themes in every room they have. I stayed in 'Savile Row' room which have vintage photography theme, i love all the vintage photos and frames in that room.
For me, this hotel is one of a kind. Very unique.

Room Tip: if you are travelling with old people, please ask the room in the lobby floor, since they dont have...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a boutique hotel with less than 50 rooms, I think. Each room has it owns theme. My room was in the first floor (down the lobby) and the title is Transylvania, inside my room is gothic style and the bed is hilarious hahahaha... the room is standard, clean, nice but the bathroom is too small and too dark, maybe they try to keep up with the theme. I think you could survey and pick the room before you check in. Unfortunately, I was using a voucher and I didn't know that I could have room preview before check in, too bad that day they are full house.

I got my voucher from Yuktravel.com, if you remember once I had my complain through tripadvisor regarding this travel (see: Green Forest, Bandung). Thanks to tripadvisor, they really count our complain and offer us free voucher. Yuktravel proved their seriousness by updating confirmation booking to us and ensure that the hotel is indeed booked. I am not saying that I trust them yet, but I might give another shot if they have good bargain price.

Hotel surroundings:
1. Maja house resto : worth to try, worth it price..
2. landscape : my room view is Kampung Gajah waterpark
3. weather: nice cool breeze
4. Location : secluded, good if you want to escape from busy Bandung

Room Tip: Preview your room before booking or check in
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

first impression of this hotel : comfortable with lembang view and fresh air. the hotel is very simple and has different concept / theme every room. i choose room no. 202 ( ballon d'or ), this room is big and can keep for 4-5 people.
but there is slightly in bed, it has squeal and make noisy when my son awake. please fix it.
but generally if you want to stay with quite things and cozy place, this hotel and maj house will be nice to try.

Room Tip: ballon d'or sangat luas tapi gak ada balkon. space po has connceting door. amost room has back...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed here my my bestfriend before New Year's Eve, first time I laid my eyes on the building it's like love at first sight. Unfortunately we can't choose our own room and we got 'Alice is Lost', which is not bad and actually it's very cute with an owl painting on the wall. The room is really clean and have a nice view of Kampung Gajah theme park, and we can see the sunset up the hill. We also can breath the fresh air from the balcony :)

Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I'm defo gonna comeback, hopefully I'll get a different room next time!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandung
Moscato Hotel & Cafe
#199 of 231 in Bandung
Grand Hotel Lembang
Grand Hotel Lembang
#173 of 231 in Bandung

Been to Stevie G Hotel? Share your experiences!