“The Trans - absolutely THE place to stay & be in Bandung!”

The Trans Luxury Hotel Bandung
Ranked #4 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our first time to Bandung for a conference being held at the hotel - it was a wonderful experience and the President of Indonesia also was in attendance and spoke. Super fun for this American. We stayed 5 nights, 6 days. From the airport pick up to the airport drop off - every single aspect was on point and most importantly, very sincere for a plus-5 star hotel. The room was very comfortable - the bed, pillows and linens are on par or better than other 5-6 star hotels we have stayed at. The products & amenities cover every single need possible. The entire staff is well trained - and if they don't get it right the first time, they work to get it right. Very impressive. There are 3 different dining options - 3rd floor restaurant, the bar / lounge area & the 18th. All with beautifully prepared food. The 18th floor is INCREDIBLE. The wrap-around terrace and furniture is 1st class (as are all the amenities and décor). One of the most enjoyable places to enjoy a glass of champagne & canapés to watch sunset. Live music on the lobby level and the 18th. The 90 minute Balinese massage at the Spa was a wonderful experience! The Trans is definitely making its mark across Indonesia and look forward to the opening of their property in Bali and their quest to take their brand international. Best of luck & thank you once again for a lovely experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I spent a Saturday night in the hotel with my fiance for the dream romantic package. It included a premier club room, dinner, evening cocktails, breakfast, wifi and a couple's spa treatment. The rate was 5,000,000 Rupiah - about 500 USD.

We were dropped off at the hotel lobby, had a friendly greeting from the staff, proceeded though security and went to the check-in desk. When I gave the clerk my name, he told me I was at the wrong desk, my package included a VIP check-in, so he walked me to another room where they check VIP guests in that had extra seating and a grander looking decor. It was meant to be nice, and I suppose it was, but it did feel a bit ridiculous not being able to just check-in, but to have to partake in some pomp and ceremony first.

Check-in went quickly and we were shown straight to the room by the VIP desk clerk. She answered all of our initial questions and left us to it. Before arrival, the hotel had sent me an email asking what our preferences were for view type, floor level, bed type, smoking, distance from elevator, type of fruit we wanted in the room, aircon room temperature, and what type of news paper we wanted. I thought it was very thoughtful and thorough, so I filled it out immediately and returned it. They gave us a high floor, a king bed (although given that we were taking the romantic package what else would we want?), a city view (as others have pointed out it's actually more a slum view, but that's not the hotel's fault), a room away from the elevator and the Jakarta Post as I had requested. It's a minor point, but they gave us mandarins when we'd picked grapes out of the list they provided, and the aircon was set to the minimum (I think 16C) when I'd chosen Standard. I didn't expect them to send out the questionnaire, and as I said I thought it was thoughtful beyond the call of duty, but it is a bit awkward when they don't follow through with it.

We did some quick shopping at the Trans Mall immediately next door which is very handy, then we went back to the room to get ready for the evening cocktails. They had a great set up in the bathroom. The shaving kit provided is actually Gillette rather than the crappy tube of shaving gel and single blade safety razor that most hotels give you. The bath was also set-up with bath salts and what not. Not really my thing, but it was still very well done. The toilet itself is separated by a glass divider and door which creates a very small area for the toilet. I am over 6ft tall and found it hard to sit without my knees pushing the door open. The toilet is the first one I've seen that actually had both types of bidet; the hose type and the jet under the seat. I'm not really a bidet person, but it was still impressive to see both.

My fiance wanted to dry her hair after her shower, but we had trouble finding the hair dryer. I decided to call the front desk for assistance. I had a look at the phone, and it had instructions written on the top that said to dial star for assistance. I dialed * and just got a few random tones and then a disconnected line. I had a closer look and the phone actually had an extra button on it that had a vaguely star shaped form around the button, so I tried that one. A girl answered speaking in Indonesian so I fired away with my questions in English and she cut me off to say that I'd called the emergency number and I had to dial the star or 0 for general assistance. I told her I did dial star, but she just repeated what she said again. The 0 button worked, but I never touched that weird star button thing again.

Once we were ready we headed up to the lounge on the 18th floor. The lounge is very nicely setup and they have a selection of wines, beer, and spirits with basic mixers. Not exactly what I understood under the title "cocktails" but I wasn't that keen on a Singapore Sling or Shirley Temple anyway. They also have a buffet of canapes including sandwiches, hot and cold sushi and a line up of gourmet bar snacks. They also had mini cakes and tarts, but we didn't indulge too much in the food given that we had a 5 course dinner included in the package. We sat down with some white wine and chatted until the maître d' and chef came to us at our sofa to discuss any special requests for our meal. The chef spoke absolutely impeccable English. He must have studied abroad. He even handed us his business card. We had no special requests and just told him that we would have the standard set menu for the 5 course meal included in the package. We stayed in the lounge until it closed at 7 and then went on to the restaurant.

Now how exactly they get to five courses is something I just can't work out. First they brought out a welcome drink that was basically some sort of lychee mocktail, then a plate of sushi, then bread and butter, then soup, then a main course of sea bass for me and steak for my fiance. The food was all absolutely wonderful, but the only way that's five courses is if you include the drink and the bread...which you absolutely don't. After the main we waited and waited for cheese or dessert or something. I was genuinely curious to see what was coming, but when we finally quizzed the waiter, he told us that was all that was coming. Again, the quality of the food was great, but it wasn't 5 courses as advertised.

There was a live band playing at the restaurant, and they played a request that my fiance made. The waiter was very friendly, and when my fiance told him that we're recently engaged, he arranged for a bouquet of red roses for when her song started to play. It was all very thoughtful. I would have liked to have tipped him better, but I only had roughly 5 USD in my wallet, since I knew before hand that it was all included in the package.

We went back up to the room and they'd done a special turn down with rose petals and swan shaped towels folded on the bed, a cake with happy honeymoon on the TV unit and rose petals and candles set up in and around a warm bath. The room attendant had also left a handwritten note wishing us a happy honeymoon (Indonesians refer to all dirty weekends away, regardless of marital status, as "honeymoons").

In the morning we went up to the lounge again for breakfast. The breakfast spread included a buffet of bread, cheese, cold meats and pastries, plus an ala carte selection for eggs and Asian dishes. The food at was very nice. I ordered orange juice which came with a bug floating in it. They replaced it when I pointed it out. After breakfast we went down to the spa for our couple's treatment. I generally don't like massages but it was included so I gave it a go and was very happy with it. The therapist was responsive to what was working and what wasn't and I left feeling much better.

We were about 5 minutes late to check-out which was worrying me a bit because a late check-out was to be billed at 50%. It wasn't an issue however and once the bill was settled we were given complimentary polo shirts and a framed photograph of us at the restaurant from the night before.

All in all I was very happy with the hotel for the price. I've heard it said (though not by Trans Hotel themselves) that it is a 6 star hotel. I cannot see how that's the case. I've stayed at actual 6 star hotels such as the Palazzo Versace on the Gold Coast. The difference between an actual 6 star hotel and a 5 star is not incremental...it's massive. But so is the cost. I was paying 1000 USD a night at the PV for example. For what I paid, I was certainly happy with the Trans Hotel and would certainly go back again for a weekend away from the big durian.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobOliv
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We love love love Trans Hotel! We stayed there for 3 nights and enjoyed the luxury the hotel has to offer. I loved their attention to details and all the staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. Highly recommended for everyone who are coming to Bandung and we will definitely stay there whenever we visit Bandung. Just love it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Fast check in
Spacious and luxurious room. Better choose a room in the corner if you wanna see wider nice view by the window.
Very close to mall (Trans Studio Mall), Convention Center and Trans Studio.

Breakfast:
Nice views of garden and swimming pool.
Breads and cakes: nothing special in taste
Kupat tahu: a good inovation but a bit too sweet

Housekeeping: fast response. Very good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights

+ :
- warm and helpful sales managers and staff
- luxurious amenities (cute sandals, combs and other kits)
- clean and spacious bedroom (letter L sofa at the corner is enough for an adult to sleep on)
- the bathroom has one bathtub and shower

- :
- not very friendly receptionists..i wonder why..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Arti D
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel. It was everything we imagined. The room was very clean and came with not just complete but also luxury amenities. The bed gave us a very good night sleep. The bathroom came with bathtub and shower.

It was high season so there was a long queue in the reception for check in and check out process. However, the receptionist were very polite and friendly and they provide free juice and cold towels for the guests who were waiting in the lobby area.

When we walked into the pool, our daughter was so excited. There were a slide, waterfall, white sand pool for kids and also adult pool. They also have a kids club with toys and play station next to the pool. There was a fitness centre too, but we didn't use the facility.

Breakfast was superb with plenty of choices from local to international dishes. A little bit crowded, but maybe it was because of high season.

The hotel was located next to Trans Mall (which have shops, restaurants and food court) and Trans Studio Indoor Theme Park.

It really was a great experience. We stayed there on August and we have booked again for New Year holiday. We would recommend anyone to stay here, but if you are coming on high season, you might want to book earlier since they are often fully booked.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I tried this hotel 6 month ago for a business trip and was really impressed with the services and therefore I visited this hotel again but this time with the whole family.
It is indeed a heaven for kids since they have many things kids would've dreamt of.
Our kids love very much the children playground. The toys were quite variative and is fun for our boys, 4 y.o. and 1.5 y.o. They even have xbox for teenagers.
Just see the pictures and you'll know what I mean.
Not mentioned the pool with its sand, water fountain and sliders.
Our holiday was one of the perfect holiday we have recently.
So, it is recomended for business and also for family.
I have experinced both of them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family