“A bit far from the center and even the road” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of V Hotel & Residence

V Hotel & Residence
Ranked #59 of 225 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore
“A bit far from the center and even the road”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

The hotel was hidden from the main road and if you missed it, you have to go around a long way back to find it since the roads in the area are one-way. From the hotel, you can still get a taxi if you walk about 4 blocks. There were no restaurants, shops or anything beside the hotel, you have to walk up to the street around the corner.

The hotel looked new so everything was clean except one unknown dead insect beside our bed. The hotel immediately took care of it. The receptionist was very accommodating and friendly. The room was nice, the bed was comfortable, the a/c was good, the toilet was clean. The shower was great! Good water pressure. I traveled with a friend so I was unsure about the smoked glass of the toilet. We had to try if the other was visible from inside. Just don't lean on the glass, you'll be okay. At night, we can hear voices from the other room. The walls were not thick enough to hush sounds from the other room.

The breakfast choices were very limited, or say, just two. Either you have the rice with 2 viands or bread and butter or jam. No one even offered or gave any clue that there's eggs at the corner of the dining hall. The food was good though but nothing else to try.

We did not try the pool.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank oneowan
V-Hotel-Bandung, General Manager at V Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 30 November 2015
Dear Oneowan,

Warm Greetings from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
Thank you for choosing to stay at V Hotel and Residence Bandung and thank you for spending your time to write us your comment regarding your recent visit to the hotel.
We are delighted to learn that in general you had a comfortable stay and we appreciate your feedback. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction.
Thank you for your stay and review.
We waiting for your return to V Hotel and Residence in the Future.

Heru Triyono

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed for 3 nights with my girlfriends. The service good and fast. The room is clean with modern facilities. It would be better if they provide the rooms with fridge. The breakfast not much choices but very basic too. Location wise its ok away from busy street and its near the airport. There also supermarket within walking distant.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Travelisious,

Greetings from V Hotel and Residence Bandung!
I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable and our team members already look forward to taking good care of you again on your next stay with us

Best Regard,
Kuta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I ve been to this hotel, I can say that the hotel was nice, and clean. The staff was also nice, breakfast was ok too thou there was not much choices. The only thing that annoyed me was the facilities in the hotel, so many NO answers .. Do you have business center? NO, printing? NO , can I book a ticket? NO, Do you have the number of the airlines call center?? NO. Do you know where's the closest ATM ? NO, DO you have late check out policy ? NO. Everything for me was OK , except the facilities, it was very terrible. it took more than 20 minutes to call the TAXI, and for me it's like the access to everything just cut off after 21:00, all closed and hard to find open store or ATM close by. I believe that my inquiries regarding the facilities was not too much for every hotel "in my opinion" should have those kind of facilities, it's like something standard. The location itself is not really helpful. I'd like to come back to this hotel again, since I found the room and swimming pool was fine!! Unfortunately I didn't feel the same way with the facilities there!! I do hope in the future this hotel will find a way to do better progress with facilities.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
V-Hotel-Bandung, General Manager at V Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 1 December 2015
Dear Ap_prilcool,

Warm Regard from V Hotel and Residence,
I would like to give you my personal thanks for choosing V Hotel and Residence during your stay in Bandung. Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
On behalf of management, I would like to apologize for your inconvenience, I have personally reviewed all aspects you've mentioned with the department heads concerned. We hope you will take the time to visit us again, so we can provide better service than before.
Thank you for your stay and review.
We waiting for your return to V Hotel and Residence in the Future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel. Our standard room is small and bath room too. If we take shower, the splash from shower will wet the floor closed to the wash basin because no door or curtain covering this area. The swimming pool is ok, even though the space surrounding the pool is too small. The breakfast is basic, only got plus with egg omelett. The room service is poor, since they didn't put the towel and toiletries when we checked in. However the staffs are very polite and eager to help. As smart hotel, it is good that there are more than one electric outlet in room, so we can use them for computer and to charge the mobile phone.
For business trip, I will recomend this hotel. If you trip with familiy it would be better to find larger hotel than this hotel. If you pay reguler price, I think this hotel is overprice.

Room Tip: Rooms facing swimming pool have better view than others
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear AnisaDelft,

Warm Regard from V Hotel and Residence,
First of all, we are really sorry for this experience that you had when you were staying with us.
This kind of not so nice things that you found, we had a special briefing to bring up this matter with the Housekeeping team, to make sure this will never happen again in the future.Your comment would give a great contribution for our hotel.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to V Hotel and Residence Bandung!

Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

Been here for vacation, the hotel is clean and neat, find ourselves in a better room conditions (5th floor) while other room type seems to be very small.
the breakfast is poor. the only thing that helps is the egg corner.
my friends stay on lower ground and when it rains the room is flooded with water, while during bbq on the pool area, somehow my room got so smoky and we have to let the door open, it takes more than 3 hours to clean the air.
overall, if you stayed on the 5th floor. its fine, room is spacious, clean bathroom.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Rianiriani,

Greetings from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
I would like to personally thank you for extending your staying experience with us to the Trip Advisor readers. Please accept our sincere apology for all difficulties and challenges happened during your stay. We seriously take note about all your input regarding those issues and we ensure You that we take all necessary action to improve our service, facilities and product quality.
We really look forward to welcoming you back at V Hotel and Residence Bandung and see our improvements.

Depok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

well, I stayed here for about 3 days and I got a good time for rest. even though the location is quiet hard to find, but the place for this is very calmly. I love this hotel.

but for notes : the parking entrance is very narrow and I crash my car here, ergh.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Tiket.com

Dear Didi Z,

Greetings from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
I’m glad that the V Hotel and Residence Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible. . I noted your dissatisfaction with the the parking entrance, we really apologize.
On behalf of all the staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel in a business trip, with a friend of mine. The hotel was kinda new when i was there, very clean and i can tell that all the furnitures and accesories were new. For a budget hotel i wud say that its great. Stayed on the 1st floor, king size bed, which is enough for the 2 of us. Despite the small toilet, i still like how they make use of a small room so it doesnt looked like its too packed. Big flat screen tv and all channels are working properly. Love the swimming pool, pretty big for a budget hotel. Didnt do much travelling with public transportation though, as we have a car back then. But i like the environment, there are some nice street food resto and hawkers, and coffe shop (called morning glory) in walking distance.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear SellyMelissa,

Warm greetings from V Hotel and Residence Bandung,
Thank you so much for your great review about V Hotel and Residence Bandung.
We are really happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us. This is always a motivation for all team when our repeater guests give a good feedback about the service.
I will share your comments and your recognition to all departments and hope to welcome you again soon.

Our best regards,