“Decent and Conveniently near to all city attraction”
Review of Zodiak @ Paskal

Zodiak @ Paskal
Ranked #145 of 311 Bandung B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“Decent and Conveniently near to all city attraction”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This Budget Hotel have reasonable price for what will you get. Suitable for a single traveler or two, but perhaps not for a family with kids. They have capsule style of bathroom, very small and compact, so if you the type of traveler who prefer spacious bathroom perhaps you will surprise to see what they have. The Bed is comfortable, very clean and neat, cable TV available and the coolest think is you can control the room lights with a remote that they have next to your bed.

The other convenience things to stay at the hotel is, its located in a very strategic place, you can reach the shopping malls like PVJ, Ciwalks, and IP within 10-15 minutes or so (by taxi). If you travel from Jakarta or else by train, the hotel is a walk distance from the train station.

The only minus point is they don't serve a very good breakfast menu, but you can find street food or restaurant nearby during the day or midnight.

Room Tip: If you need more spacious room perhaps suite king type is better, but superior type is already decen...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Yanty S, Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Mr. Gandabhaskara

Warmest greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Yanty as Operational Manager of Zodiak @Paskal Bandung. I would like to say thank you for you choosed our hotel when you come to Bandung.

The style of our room and bathroom is basically to make a simple and comfort for the guest. Usually we have some families that spent the holiday in our hotel. Me personally would like to say many thank you for your comment about our hotel. Definitely I will share your opinion especially about our breakfast menu to our staff.

Thank you for your comment and we hope to seeing you again next time.

Yanty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Zodiak @ Paskal on my visit to Bandung last October after visiting Trans Studio Bandung.
It's quite far from Trans Studio, about 40mins driving, not sure about the km.
I get a promotion price on idr 400k/night after tax and service for a deluxe room
However, although my friend and I ordered the same room type, my friend's room is bigger than mine :(
The deluxe room is not as big as I thought, but sufficient though
The bathroom is very smalllll, you can feel your hand touching the wall when you wash your hand. And if you showered, the bathroom is alll wet!!!
But, this bathroom is completed with hair dryer, which I found very beneficial
The room is completed with big flat screen cable tv, a sofa, a small closet, water heater (+tea & coffee) and king size bed
The breakfast is quite dissapointing for me though, I am a big eater and there was not much food choices you can pick
Despite the hotel itself, the location is quite nice. You can find a lot of street foods and restaurants in front of the hotel. Do not worry to be starving there.
Plus, it is located near big malls like Paris van Java
My suggestion, if you have limited budget when travelling to Bandung, you can stay at this hotel, it is worth the price anyway :)

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Yanty S, Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Ms. Eliana

Warms greeting from Zodiak @Paskal Bandung.

Please let me introduce myself, my name is Yanty as Operational Manager of Zodiak @Paskal Bandung. Firstly, I would like to express my thanks for you had choosed our hotel for stay while you visit Bandung.

For the inconvenience about the size of our room, it is because the position of each room is different each one to another. We will absolutely set the same room if next time you reserved in our hotel.

The breakfast menu, I already share about this to my staff and we will improving the taste and quality of meal better than before. For your information, we already manage the menu and the process of meals by ourself since April 2014.

Please contact me in my number 085720919698 or my e-mail yanty@zodiak-hotel.com for next time reserved. We looking forward to seeing you soon.

Yanty
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The room is very clean and very modern. But the bathrooms are very small even if you get a bigger room. The location is pretty central and its close to some good restaurants.

Pasir Kaliki street is a one way street, so you really need to pay attention for the location of your hotel cause once you miss it, you need to make a looong round back.

However its better to have breakfast somewhere else because it's really bad there.... it's a good value for your money though...

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Booking this hotel from Kagum website, the check in process was quiet fast. It is quiet near to train station, 5 minutes walk. However, small room, with a very-small bathroom and not so clean towel welcome us. Breakfast was poor, but there are lot of delicious food stalls around the hotel.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Serpong, Indonesia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Pros:
Fast check in process.
Upgraded from a superior room to a suite for free.
The sheets are clean and white.
The location is good. Opposite the hotel there is a 24-hour convenience stores and a lot of eating places around the hotel on foot.
Good mattress.
Close to train station (walking distance, should be great if you're travel with train to bandung).

Cons:
Parking area is very limited and narrow, open the car door and unload luggage was difficult.
The rooms have very small window.
The towels are not white anymore.
Noisy corridors at night.
Breakfast was not good, tasteless and limited choice.

Tips:
Really a budget hotel, enough for sleep and shower only. Choose a room only, without a breakfast (trust me, there're lots of eating places around the hotel, more delicous and walking distance).

Room Tip: Choose a room only, without a breakfast (trust me, there're lots of eating places around the hot...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jakarta
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I'm visiting Bandung for a short business trip. Stayed 1 night in this hotel, my work-mates book for me.

The room is quite small and the bathroom is look alike a cruise ship crew bathroom. Very small.

The price is very-very cheap.

But I have to say, the location is very good. It is a walking distance to Paskal Food Market, Paskal Hyperpoint, Istana Plaza.
And it is 15 minutes away from Dago and Cihampelas.

I would recommend this hotel, for you who travel for a short business trips, or planning to have a backpacking trip. The price is very cheap.

Room Tip: Pick the furthest room from Lift. The "ding" noise might heard very clear during your slee...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

near to Paskal Food Market (Paskal Hyper Square), value to money, suit to budget traveller, clean, mini market, what you get are hot water shower, breakfast, fast wifi conn, hair dryer, safe deposit box. only that the parking lot is too small

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Zodiak P, General Manager at Zodiak @ Paskal, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Zodiak @Paskal Bandung!.

With this response to your review of our Hotel, I would like to say thank you on behalf of the team for the positive comment. We hope to see you in the nearest future.

Andrian