“best for a homy hotel”

HOUSE Sangkuriang - Bandung
Ranked #65 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
“best for a homy hotel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

it has been my 3rd visit, i found this hotel just at home, the view, room design and the open air .... just the right touch for a vist to Bandung. Mr Asep the manager always greets you at breakfast and dinner. The pool view is outstanding ... a cup of tea/coffee is perfect !

Room Tip: i go with a room with a view .... bandung view .... a corner room has more window -- i think is the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank purbo i

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for 2 nights, the building is new so it was clean and nice. The breakfast was not so delicious. The room is nice with all the facility but need to be improved according to the set price. Carpark was not so big, so it would be quite difficult to park when the hotel is full of guest. The conclusion is, I think they should improve their service for the rate price set

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at House Sankuriang really made our oddball choice of a destination something awesome. Not only did they pick us up from the airport and shower us with tea, coffee and snacks and help arrange tours...they went above and beyond the general call of duty. Case in point, we wanted an active hike so they arranged for the hotel car to take us to a local park where1.5 hrs in there is a waterfall (Goa Jepang). We made it to the falls when it started to pour. We were just gearing up for the long hike back (most of it downhill over slippery stones) when we turn around and see the concierge Nopeda standing there with 2 umbrellas! The guy had been so concerned when it started to rain, that he went back to the park with the hotel car, hired a motorbike to take him up the trail to find us to give us umbrellas. Unreal!

Room Tip: The windows are single pane so you can hear the street. Try a room overlooking the pool for a less n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here on the the 7th until 10th July and I found more than what I expected. Delighted that I could check in earlier before the actual check in time with free of charge after a tiring trip from Bali. Enjoyed tajil and dinner by the poolside on my first night. And what I enjoyed most was the location that was so close to everywhere, went shopping everyday to the nearby factory outlets and easy to get souvenirs for my family. The staff were so kind, the reception had fast feedback to anything I needed, the food was excellent, the housekeeping did epic with my room making it nice everyday. It made my stay such memorable I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning on a trip to Bandung with a homey style accommodation. Keep up the good service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Razaira
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I arrived in Bandung at 6 A.M in then check in to this hotel. When I completed the usual administration, I used the public restroom in lobby and I found something bad in toilet. I took the photo and claimed to receptionist. The day after tomorrow, I receiveid an amazing cake with the apologize letter. It's a WOW a nice response to customer satisfaction.

Overall of the service, I give 2 thumbs.
The heritage building with a nice decor and a wonderful city forest.

But for 4 star hotel, why there is no gym center and sauna?

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fahmi_mailbox
Reviewed 31 May 2014

It's located on the center of the city, so it's only 5-10 minutes away drive from Jalan Dago or Dipati Ukur, yet depends on the traffic.

I really like the room interior which very natural with wooden floor, wooden stuffs all around, and quite spacious room. The view from the balcony was really nice as well, just make sure you shut the door and windows to avoid noise from the street. But it's not really bothering, though.

Breakfast time will be fun, especially if you're with your kids. You'll have your your breakfast by the end of the pool and showered by Jalan Siliwangi view. Somehow it doesn't feel like you're in Bandung. Bottom line, I would definitely coming back here and recommend it to my peers & family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Silmy K
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel that relaxing and has balcony.. stayed for one night during weekend.. need to re heat the breakfast and chosse the room that facing the alley more quiet instead facing pool or main road.. service great n staff friendly..

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple