“not good for english speaking foreigners”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Setra Priangan Syariah Guest House
Ranked #57 of 134 Speciality Lodging in Bandung
Victoria, Canada
“not good for english speaking foreigners”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I know that accommodation in Indonesia may not always be the same standard as other countries (such as Canada where I am from), but I think this guesthouse is really unacceptable for English speaking foreigners. I booked online the week before so that I would have an address to go to once my plane arrived from Bali. Upon arrival I had to search for a person working because there wasn't an actual reception desk, just a little desk in the breakfast area that I found after some exploring. Luckily I had paid online because the workers here don't speak English AT ALL. They gave me a key and took me to my room. It was odd because I didn't see hardly any other guests and it seemed like a big empty hotel that echoed in the long tile hallways. It is a very new looking hotel but my bathroom wasn't very clean and I wasn't happy that the air conditioner just poured water all over the floor in front of the bathroom door if you turned it on. In Bandung, it is so worth staying in a hotel on Braga. I paid for 5 nights at this hotel but left after one. Even when I was trying to get to a hotel on Braga I had to wait 3 hours for the taxi because the location was so out of the way that it would take ages to get there. The employees at this place seemed nice enough but didnt even have a taxi phone number or any information. Even when I tried to ask about where to get food or where to go, they weren't able to offer any advice. There also was no place within walking distance to even get food. Just to go find something to eat once I got there I waited over an hour for a taxi. The only good experience was when I was waiting 3 hours for my taxi to leave, a few people (I think some employees and some friends of theirs) were in the breakfast area and even though most of them didn't speak any English, I still had a lot of fun with them. They were funny and very nice to me. Also, they have free wifi but only in this breakfast area, not in the rooms. Don't go here unless you have a car, speak at least some bahasa Indonesia, and have been to Bandung before.

• Stayed May 2013