“Value for money hotel in Indonesia” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Santika Bandung

Hotel Santika Bandung
Ranked #64 of 225 Hotels in Bandung
Montreal, Canada
“Value for money hotel in Indonesia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Our experience at Santika Bandung during our 5 nights stay here was comfortable and value for money too. The hotel’s location is ideal for tourists. Our check in was hassle free. The receptionist was one polite, courteous person. The staff members were very polite too. They shifted our luggage to our room without any hassles. Throughout our stay, they checked on us whether our stay was comfortable or not and whether we needed anything else. The room was wide and spacious. The décor was tasteful and the ambiance was great. The view from our room was lovely as we could see the pool. The hotel’s pool had sparkling, clean water. The area around it was a great hangout zone and we made some friends with the rest of the hotel guests that arrived there. The hotel gym was great. The equipments and the whole gym were well maintained. The breakfast was served buffet style and was a lavish display of delicious dishes. I particularly enjoyed the massages that I got during my stay. I had one at the spa with the polite staff there who seemed well trained and the other massage I got in the room as they had this policy of sending their massage staff to your room, if requested. Apart from that, the hotel location was ideal for trips to Starbucks which was close by along with BIP Plaza and Pasar Baru too. Enjoy your stay at Santika :D

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dieter M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I love Bandung...and Santika Hotel is one of my fave hotels while staying in the city.

The staffs are very friendly and helpful. even when we deposited our bikes, it was easy and no hustle.

The pool is nice, my kids love it..not too big, but spacious enough. Breakfast is super...lots of choices and delicious. From Indonesian traditional food, including Sundanese cuise (soo yummy), to western-style food. They even have 4 choices of porridges (chicken, beef, seafood and vegetables). Their a la carte menu is also good, yummy and affordable..Like big portion of cruncy French fries for only RP 26.000,- (USD 2.5) nett and fresh juice for Rp 27.000,- (USD 2.5) nett

The location is also great, walking distance to the Factory Outlets (particularly Riau area, where you can find Secrets, Heritage, Rich and Famous, and many other famous outlets), eateries, and old part of Bandung, including Gedung Sate and Braga.

I even walked to Dago area, where you can find more outlets (like DSE) and cool restaurants (the peak, valley, kambing soon). Braga is around 15 minutes by car (with traffic).

I got the room for around Rp 900.00,- during weekends...it can be cheaper during weekdays I guess.

So, all in all, a nice experience indeed...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank IndahNS
jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Pros:
- Great location in city centre. Walking distance to BIP mall and Dago (where it comes alive every Sat night). Lots of places to eat around hotel.
- Rooms newly renovated, quite clean & reasonable size.
- Breakfast spread are reasonably standard (eggs, toast, porridge, fried rice, etc)
- Friendly service from staff
- Reasonable rate (compared to Hyatt and Holiday Inn in same area which cost a lot more & not worth that extra money)

Cons:
- Traffic noises affect rooms facing streetside
- Hotel taxi don't use meters + rude driver will overcharge you (tip: try to get Bluebird taxi, they always use meters, have more courteous & honest drivers). Try to walk a few metres from hotel as Bluebird taxis are not allowed there.
- Limited basement parking area if you are driving (which gets full easily & by then you must park on streetside outside hotel)
- Hotel still feel a bit old despite recent renovations

Summary:
Good value 3/4 star hotel in central location, closeby to shopping outlets & eateries, with newly renovated rooms & friendly service. Now if only they allow Bluebird to operate there, it will mean better taxi service for guests.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gotenchi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This is among the first facilities operated by the Santika hotel management chain.

This hotel is well situated in the heart of Bandung business and leisure destinations.

Staffs are great and helpful. As with the Santika signature are the wide selection of local food for breakfast

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MegaNainggolan
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

As you can read through all the previous review here, i would say most of it are true and remain the same-in a positive way. meanwhile, from my own experience.

I love...

-their services-top notch (esp they dont even ask for tips when they helped me a lot to kept and delivering my things to the room many times everyday ) ,

-soft spoken people all over the place, politeness at it best.

-gym and pool was ok even most of the time theres no one there use the facilities, feels like a king when im the only one used the facilities at the time -i guess shopping is the main priorities to others. lol.

-Food-Buffet Breakfast. Although ive read a review here,before i decided to stay,most of the review complaining about the food being served. i would say that its beyond my expectation. The food served is GREAT (to my asian taste). I guess it bcos they served mainly indonesian dish; which may not suit with most westerners.

-Massage - although they provide spa and massage service-sadly need to use my own room-they send their people to the room. Massage was good tho..

-Check-in Check Out- Silky Smooth!

-Transportation- Im not sure about the airport pickup to the hotel ,since i took the cab there, cost around IDR 50,000 . But to my SUPRISE, on our departure back to Malaysia, they provide us with FREE airport transfer (from hotel to airport) since we have to check-out very early, our flight was at 8am in d morning. Awesome .

-Nearby attraction
- BIP Plaza, 1 minute walk! shopping mall completed with everythig, McD,Starbuck, good Indo restaurant as well, etc etc
- FO within 5-10 minutes walk (or 1 minute with angkut )
- Pasar Baru 15 minutes with cab/angkut

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Arjuna_Angkasa
Johor Bahru
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I and my family spent 4 days 3 nights here. The hotel staffs are very polite and helpful! The airport pick up was made very last minute which just the night before we fly and I received their reply when I am boarding. I quickly replied only flight details and said I can't be contacted as I m on board. Surprisingly, we saw a man holding our name just standing politely with smile on his face welcome us when we arrived Bandung airport. Secondly, the information counter staffs keep explaining to us without feeling annoying how to get to the places of interest and help us to find the cheapest way to go there. I will definitely come back to this hotel on my next visit!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank icy1122
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This hotel location was very strategic in Bandung city. Staffs are pleasant and they are helpful. 2 times I had been stayed in Santika hotel. Breakfast are so so but its nice. Thank you santika hotel.

regards,