“Nice and clean for a three stars”
Review of De Batara Hotel

De Batara Hotel
Ranked #100 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
“Nice and clean for a three stars”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Staffs here are attentive and polite. Breakfast okay with excellent service. The reception area is noisy and busy with people mingling around waiting for their transport. Our stay here was pleasant except to be extra careful when you walk around the neighbouring areas as one of us got pick pocketed. Can stay here if you are in Bandung.

Room Tip: Spacious rooms at third floor.
1 Thank LaynarChua
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs Chua,

Thank you for staying at the De Batara Hotel, Bandung. Feedback and suggestions are greatly helped us to further improve service to hotel guests. We await the arrival of your next in De Batara Hotel Bandung.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I've stayed there for 4 days. Initially when I checked in, everything is fine. On the second day, my daughter accidentally drop a bottle of orange juice on the floor. Immediately I tried drying it up with tissue paper but, it's still sticky. I requested the house keeping to mop the floor instead. They came with a mop, without a pail, and mop the whole room. And the whole room became more dirty.
Third day, before I went out, I requested the reception to ask the housekeeping to mop the floor again, but when I came back, it's still in the same state.
Forth day, I requested the housekeeping to remop the room. And then, it looks cleaner. But, at around 10 pm, the hot water runs out. I called the reception, was told that I need to wait for 15 minutes, but till 11.30 pm, no hot water in my room, neither in the other room at the same floor and another room at different floor.
I checked out the next day.
Price was good, but, service needed to be upgraded.
Plus points, you just need to request for the hair dryer once and they will leave it in the room until you checked out.

Room Tip: Family room was good. 2 king size bed. The superior room is a bit tiny.
2 Thank SengYP
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Mr. SengYP,

Thank you for choosing De Batara hotel as a place to stay over in Bandung. On behalf of the Management De Batara Hotel, I apologize for any inconvenience caused during the stay at the Hotel De Batara. Suggestions and feedback from you, ​​is treated as an important thing that we have to improve.
Once again thank you for the suggestions and feedback, we await of your next arrival in De Batara Hotel.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Spending only 1 night at this hotel, the room is comfort and clean, breakfast is okay, near Ciwalk Mall and many shops. Just one thing, the hot water is not near "Hot", it's more like "warm" instead of hot, no matter how long I've waited.

So, I gave only 4 instead of 5 because of this small matter. :)

2 Thank I Wayan S
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Mr. I Wayan S,

Thank you for your stay at De Batara Hotel and already give us very valuable input. We treated your review as important thing we must improve. We are waiting your stay at De Batara Hotel.

Warm regards, from De Batara Hotel.
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I had a pleasant stay in the hotel. I took X-trans travel service from Jakarta to Bandung, the last stop was at the hotel. Because I checked-in late, my room was given to someone else. But then my room was promoted to a suite room, which made me very happy. The breakfast was also good. The location of the hotel is great. For locals, phone booking is better because the room rate is cheaper. If you take X-trans, there is a discount.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear sleepy_hoshi,

Thank you for your stay at De Batara Hotel Bandung, we also thank you for your review. We are waiting for your next stay at De Batara Hotel.

Warm regards from De Batara Hotel.
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I made a trip to Bandung after my last visit in 1997.Obviously, there are more choices in hotels. I stayed this hotel with the expectations to enjoy the location. The hotel is on the busy street and accessible to shops and eateries. The lobby was busy due to the local bus service to suburbs and renovation on going.
The service was efficient and I got upgraded room. Considering the amount I spent, it was value for money. The room was very clean and basic amenities were there.They have no fridge, so you cannot stock the cold drinks. Only thing is that wifi is for the restaurant only.If you are shopaholic, this is very good choice.
I am impressed that the staff speak good English to foreign travellers. I do not mind coming back to this hotel if renovation is completed.

• Stayed November 2013
debatarahotel, Public Relations Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2015
Dear ManngaDua,

Warmest greeting from De Batara Hotel,

It has always been an honor to welcome you at De Batara Hotel. Thank you for your review, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would like to inform you that our WIFI available in the room too. Your value review can make motivation for us to give more better service for our guest next visit

Looking forward to welcome you again

Kind regards,

Tarie
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

• Stayed November 2013
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Mr. ManngaDua,

Thank you for your stay at De Batara Hotel, We also say thank you for your review and treated as important things we must improve. Once again thank you and we will waiting your next stay at De Batara Hotel.