“Clean and good location”
Review of De Batara Hotel

De Batara Hotel
Ranked #90 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
“Clean and good location”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights very quick check in and check out.

The room space a little bit small and the bathroom were way too small. Even though I am petite person, but the bathroom for shower were not acceptable.

I like the cleanliness of room and bathroom,with so many tv channels.And the hotel has elevator for convenient.

The location of hotel walking distance to Ciwalk, but I did not have enough time went there.

At early morning you can hear noisy at lobby because of my room located at 1st floor, but that not bother me at all.The wifi in room were excellent.

Overall I might stay here again because of the cleanliness of hotel but next time choose other room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Diana Jane,

Warm greeting from De Batara Hotel,

We would like to thank you for staying and give reviews to De Batara Hotel. We also apologize for any inconvenience during your stay at our hotel. All suggestions and feedback from you will we noticed that we could be better in the future. Once again thank you, and we await the arrival of your next.

Best regards,

Denny Ardhanshah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night with family. This hotel located near ciwalk mall. Only 5 minutes walk. For the service, we stay in a large room, and have delicious breakfast. Compare with another hotel, with the same price, de batara is better. If we go to bandung again, we will stay in this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Kurnia P Sari,

Warm greeting from De Batara Hotel Bandung,
We would like to thank you for staying and give reviews to De Batara Hotel. All suggestions and feedback from you will we noticed that we could be better in the future. Once again thank you, and we await the arrival of your next.

Best regards,

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Our group of 6 - couples booked 3 rooms for 4 nights through Agoda after reading several reviews on this hotel. The price was fair and the location very good. The check in was fast and the staff were very helpful and courteous. I requested for high floor but they were not available. We were given rooms on the 1st floor, which was very convenient to get down to lobby when the lift was occupied. The room was clean, the bed nice but the toilet /shower room was too small. One even couldnt bend down. Never have I seen such a tiny shower room.

Then came the nightmare! My sister couldnt even get a wink (being a light sleeper) as her room was facing the balcony looking down into the lobby. No walls to block noises from the cafeteria or guests coming in the night. My room was further from the balcony. The 1st night was passable as my sister endured thinking it was her problem. The 2nd night was a total nightmare, we requested for change of rooms but not available. The 3rd night was slightly better due to our complaint but the 4th night was back again.

Overall, the staff very good and the room clean and nice except for the small shower rooms. I do not recommend this room for family with children - its a bit too small. Also for those who need good sleep.

Room Tip: Far away from the elevator -left from elevator.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lydia T
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Lidya,

Warm regards, from De Batara Hotel,

Thank you has chosen De Batara Hotel as place to stay during your trip in Bandung. All of your feedback and suggestion is threated as important things we should be improved. Once again thank you for your feedback to us, we are waiting your next arrival to De Batara Hotel.

De Batara Hotel Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This new small boutique hotel is very centrally located in the Cihampelas shopping areas.

The family room is very spacious, contains 2 extra large beds + a sofa (still have enough space to put an extra bed if needed).
Considering the affordable rate, it's a very good value for a family to stay here.

Fast check in & check out, staff also very friendly & helpful.

What surprise us the most is that they have a quite good selection of buffet breakfast (rice, porridge, potatoes, omelette, bread, cereals, salad, dessert, juice, coffe/tea/milk).
And the menu even changing every day during our 2 days stay!

The hotel lobby also being a drop off point for X-Trans Shuttle Coach (Jakarta-Bandung / vice versa), very convenient if you want to use this service.

The parking space is somehow very limited, it doesn't have enough space to park the guest cars, but the staff will do their best to assist you for parking.

Quite satisfied overall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear jess_jkt88,

Warm greeting from De Batara Hotel Bandung,

Thank you for your review regarding our hotel, all of your review treated as important thing we should improve. We are very excited waiting your next arrival at De Batara Hotel Bandung.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Staffs here are attentive and polite. Breakfast okay with excellent service. The reception area is noisy and busy with people mingling around waiting for their transport. Our stay here was pleasant except to be extra careful when you walk around the neighbouring areas as one of us got pick pocketed. Can stay here if you are in Bandung.

Room Tip: Spacious rooms at third floor.
1 Thank LaynarChua
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs Chua,

Thank you for staying at the De Batara Hotel, Bandung. Feedback and suggestions are greatly helped us to further improve service to hotel guests. We await the arrival of your next in De Batara Hotel Bandung.

Management
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I've stayed there for 4 days. Initially when I checked in, everything is fine. On the second day, my daughter accidentally drop a bottle of orange juice on the floor. Immediately I tried drying it up with tissue paper but, it's still sticky. I requested the house keeping to mop the floor instead. They came with a mop, without a pail, and mop the whole room. And the whole room became more dirty.
Third day, before I went out, I requested the reception to ask the housekeeping to mop the floor again, but when I came back, it's still in the same state.
Forth day, I requested the housekeeping to remop the room. And then, it looks cleaner. But, at around 10 pm, the hot water runs out. I called the reception, was told that I need to wait for 15 minutes, but till 11.30 pm, no hot water in my room, neither in the other room at the same floor and another room at different floor.
I checked out the next day.
Price was good, but, service needed to be upgraded.
Plus points, you just need to request for the hair dryer once and they will leave it in the room until you checked out.

Room Tip: Family room was good. 2 king size bed. The superior room is a bit tiny.
2 Thank SengYP
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Mr. SengYP,

Thank you for choosing De Batara hotel as a place to stay over in Bandung. On behalf of the Management De Batara Hotel, I apologize for any inconvenience caused during the stay at the Hotel De Batara. Suggestions and feedback from you, ​​is treated as an important thing that we have to improve.
Once again thank you for the suggestions and feedback, we await of your next arrival in De Batara Hotel.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Spending only 1 night at this hotel, the room is comfort and clean, breakfast is okay, near Ciwalk Mall and many shops. Just one thing, the hot water is not near "Hot", it's more like "warm" instead of hot, no matter how long I've waited.

So, I gave only 4 instead of 5 because of this small matter. :)

2 Thank I Wayan S
Denny_Ardhanshah, Manager at De Batara Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Mr. I Wayan S,

Thank you for your stay at De Batara Hotel and already give us very valuable input. We treated your review as important thing we must improve. We are waiting your stay at De Batara Hotel.

Warm regards, from De Batara Hotel.