“Good place for holiday”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

We did several trip in Java before stranded at this hotel after browsing and read some review over Internet. This is our first time stay here and we found ourself enjoy and had fun in 2 lovely days.

We love the room, ours was a deluxe with balcony and our sight was directly flew over the pool, heated jacuzzy and the green hill. But the second day sadly we have to leave into another room as we only booked 1 day.

We also love the variety of the food on breakfast. The fresh air and the view in the morning was stunning even a bit cloudy.

The staff was helpful, friendly with the smiley, thank you to Rochmad, Numi and other gentlemen who hand me sandals for Jum'at praying (forgot his name).

This hotel only took half an hour to factory outlets/shopping center in Dago or less half an hour to Jalan Cihampelas. And there is a short cut way to Lembang, another good place to visit.

Suggestion to the hotel is please to keep the hill over the hotel as is. For me, that was the one which made us really live to stay. And fair enough if I say that was also what makes your hotel location is.

Well hope we could come again and enjoy the holiday here.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank iriswandi
There are newer reviews for Padma Hotel Bandung

Reviewed 13 December 2012

One of good friend from Jakarta recommended this hotel and she is right. No regrets...let's start with the wide variety of local and western breakfast. For a foodie like my friends and I from Singapore, food is important. Didn't fail our expectations one bit and with exceptionally scenic view to go with our breakfast, it put us in an excellent mood for the rest of the day's activities.

Special touch: My friend's Birthday happened to be around the corner...I spoke to the butler, who was even more excited than I and suggested a few ideas that he could put together...I was impressed. Needless to say, my friend had a pleasant surprise and was touched. Thanks Iman (Duty Manager) and team for your efforts!

The staff: All the staff were so friendly and willing to go out of their way for us. We were the troublesome ladies who needed this and that, but they didn't mind it at all. They were also very attentive to our needs from providing us with towels, gym mats, slippers after our free 1hr paddy field trek with the hotel to offering to wash our muddy track shoes for us.

Facilities: Loved the pillow selection choices. The outdoor heated jacuzzi was great for a cool place like Bandung. Sitting by the pool and facing the mountains was soul-refreshing. Great place for solo retreats, couple get-aways or family yearly trips. Only drawback: We took the standard rooms and the shampoo and conditioner needs to be improved...can tell that it is of inferior quality. I heard from my friend that the better rooms had better quality shampoos and conditioners. If you want free yoga sessions, it is on Sundays only. One of my friend knows yoga, so we carried out our own session. The handsome gym instructor, Sony provided us with gym mats and towels n even played music for us. Thanks Sony...keep up your gym workouts.

Location: Great location, close proximity to shopping, good food, mountains, etc. (But we had a driver, so maybe travelling to places was not an issue for us).

All in all, the price is good for the comfort, facilities and service. I will def go back there when I visit Bandung again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Same as most hotels, the Arriving Lobby of Padma hotel is at the ground floor and also called floor 1. Suggest u arrove before 17:00 so you can enjoy the high tea snacks, with "bandrek and bajigur" special ginger tardional drinks from Bandung.
After check in, you will realized that your rooms at floor 6 is 5 floors below the lobby....

The scenery is superb, esepcially if u get the rooms facing the swimming pool. But otherwise you will see the hanging garden which according to me is better as you will feel the tranquility of the world...my room was a suite room, so I dip myself in the tub and in Indonesia you say "Sejuta rasanya".....not to relate with the room rate ? hehehe....
The hotels in Bandung, have a very high demand and occupancy during the week end. Therefore to get a room in Padma, you need to book early.
I notice that Padma staff are all quite young, eager to serve and willing to take the extra mile to satisfy the guest....two thumbs up and we feel it as a nother speciality of Padma Bandung......

Room Tip: Swimming pool view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I always love this hotel.
All staff works with very high standard of Service Quality which is for me is very important. We really felt appreciated with their personal touch.

Our room was great. We booked a Gallery Suite via internet which was surprisingly upgraded into Premier Suite. The room is in the corner with forest view that is illuminated at night....very nice.

We tried afternoon tea, at very good price, full with traditional snack
Breakfast was also very good with a combination of Indonesian and western food.

Room Tip: Each room has its unique, but corner suites are more spacious with amazing view
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

A very pleasant surprise we got from Padma Hotel Bandung when we stayed there recently. I stayed with my husband to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. The first time we visited this hotel was arround 2010 and we were very blowned away. We always come visited this hotel ever since. We miss the beautiful green scenery of the hill, the atmosphere of breakfast time while breathing fresh air and those romantic dinners in the Restaurant.
This time we stayed at Deluxe Room with Balcony. Spectacular view! direct to the pool and hill view. The room are clean and comfortable. And most of all... Red Roses is everywhere arround the room!! The food for breakfast was varied and tasty. Friendly service is in the air by the people of Padma. Excellent hospitality shown by Pak Sanjaya and Pak Janu, who has given our wedding anniversary this time into memorable and perfect!. Thank you for the hospitality Padma Hotel Bandung and we definitely will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 December 2012

nothing to complain, staff are friendly and good, check-in fast, nice room, nice view, fresh air, breakfast was great, and i tried the dinner buffet with BBQ beef, it was perfect with wine.
i really like this place, good to bring family and friend to have a gathering or a small reunion.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We were invited to a wedding at the Padma over the weekend. We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel location; located in the midst of a residential area surrounded by a dense jungle . We had a standard room, good size and heavenly beds! We slept like a baby!
Breakfast was good with a combination of Indonesian and western food. Unfortunately the wedding banquet was rather disappointing, they could do better to improve catering.
Otherwise we'd recommend those needing a weekend away from Jakarta to getaway to Bandung and stay at the Padma.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Dear Marthahug,
Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel location, the rooms and our breakfast.
I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the catering on the wedding. Your feedback is much appreciated. I have shared this review with our Food and Beverage Department for service improvement.

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

With best regards,