“Recommended hotel..”

Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Makassar, Indonesia
“Recommended hotel..”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I stay here with my husband & son, we stayed in premiere suite. We really enjoy stay here.. Room is nice, the air is very fresh & cool.. Restaurant is nice, also for the food is delicious..
I will come back again..

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel with spectacular view of green hills surrounding. Clean room, comfortable bedding, fairly complete room & bathroom amenities. Restaurant on top of the hotel with amazing green view. Friendly staffs. Jacuzzi pool is really a big plus. Car park available.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 December 2012

My family stayed for 3 nights in December 2012. The Ginger tea welcome drink with coconut bits was nice and refreshing. Even though our rooms were facing the hill instead of the pool, the greenery was relaxing and peaceful. We enjoyed the pool and also tried the flying fox on a Sunday which the adults and children really enjoyed. One of the room attendants - Joe - even personally folded two towels into the shapes of a swan and a turtle, and left us a note to wish us a pleasant stay. The views from The Restaurant were wonderful. Breakfast spread was diverse and plentiful. We also had the angus beef buffett which was nice, though somewhat expensive. The concierge also assisted us with transport (car and driver) rental arrangements to nearby attractions like the volcano and tea plantation. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and would stay there if we find ourselves headed that way again.

Room Tip: Get a bigger room with balcony on a higher floor (more expensive, of course) facing the pool to enjo...
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Been hearing about how great this hotel is and finally, my husband and I decided to spend a night there. Upon arrivals, staffs were busy with a group departure (i guess), checking in were efficient, no welcome drink received though. Right after checking in, we headed to our room and our first word was "WOW", the view through its floor to ceiling glass was beyond words. It reminds me of Ubud, Bali, but hey! it's in Bandung. Bed is very comfortable, never had a great sleep in other hotels before, but here, felt like the bed has its own magnet. Unfortunately, the room above us (or next door) was so noisy, unsure whether it's other guests or some renovation hotel had. It's pretty annoying hearing noises from afternoon till ard 10pm. A thicker wall room would help, I think since we also can hear neighbour's tv. Afternoon tea and breakfast were another great experience, enjoying your meal with another scenic view. All of the staffs were very friendly, never failed to give guests their best smiles. Overall, this hotel has raised our expectation level of a hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MayaKarina
South Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

We did several trip in Java before stranded at this hotel after browsing and read some review over Internet. This is our first time stay here and we found ourself enjoy and had fun in 2 lovely days.

We love the room, ours was a deluxe with balcony and our sight was directly flew over the pool, heated jacuzzy and the green hill. But the second day sadly we have to leave into another room as we only booked 1 day.

We also love the variety of the food on breakfast. The fresh air and the view in the morning was stunning even a bit cloudy.

The staff was helpful, friendly with the smiley, thank you to Rochmad, Numi and other gentlemen who hand me sandals for Jum'at praying (forgot his name).

This hotel only took half an hour to factory outlets/shopping center in Dago or less half an hour to Jalan Cihampelas. And there is a short cut way to Lembang, another good place to visit.

Suggestion to the hotel is please to keep the hill over the hotel as is. For me, that was the one which made us really live to stay. And fair enough if I say that was also what makes your hotel location is.

Well hope we could come again and enjoy the holiday here.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank iriswandi
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 December 2012

One of good friend from Jakarta recommended this hotel and she is right. No regrets...let's start with the wide variety of local and western breakfast. For a foodie like my friends and I from Singapore, food is important. Didn't fail our expectations one bit and with exceptionally scenic view to go with our breakfast, it put us in an excellent mood for the rest of the day's activities.

Special touch: My friend's Birthday happened to be around the corner...I spoke to the butler, who was even more excited than I and suggested a few ideas that he could put together...I was impressed. Needless to say, my friend had a pleasant surprise and was touched. Thanks Iman (Duty Manager) and team for your efforts!

The staff: All the staff were so friendly and willing to go out of their way for us. We were the troublesome ladies who needed this and that, but they didn't mind it at all. They were also very attentive to our needs from providing us with towels, gym mats, slippers after our free 1hr paddy field trek with the hotel to offering to wash our muddy track shoes for us.

Facilities: Loved the pillow selection choices. The outdoor heated jacuzzi was great for a cool place like Bandung. Sitting by the pool and facing the mountains was soul-refreshing. Great place for solo retreats, couple get-aways or family yearly trips. Only drawback: We took the standard rooms and the shampoo and conditioner needs to be improved...can tell that it is of inferior quality. I heard from my friend that the better rooms had better quality shampoos and conditioners. If you want free yoga sessions, it is on Sundays only. One of my friend knows yoga, so we carried out our own session. The handsome gym instructor, Sony provided us with gym mats and towels n even played music for us. Thanks Sony...keep up your gym workouts.

Location: Great location, close proximity to shopping, good food, mountains, etc. (But we had a driver, so maybe travelling to places was not an issue for us).

All in all, the price is good for the comfort, facilities and service. I will def go back there when I visit Bandung again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Same as most hotels, the Arriving Lobby of Padma hotel is at the ground floor and also called floor 1. Suggest u arrove before 17:00 so you can enjoy the high tea snacks, with "bandrek and bajigur" special ginger tardional drinks from Bandung.
After check in, you will realized that your rooms at floor 6 is 5 floors below the lobby....

The scenery is superb, esepcially if u get the rooms facing the swimming pool. But otherwise you will see the hanging garden which according to me is better as you will feel the tranquility of the world...my room was a suite room, so I dip myself in the tub and in Indonesia you say "Sejuta rasanya".....not to relate with the room rate ? hehehe....
The hotels in Bandung, have a very high demand and occupancy during the week end. Therefore to get a room in Padma, you need to book early.
I notice that Padma staff are all quite young, eager to serve and willing to take the extra mile to satisfy the guest....two thumbs up and we feel it as a nother speciality of Padma Bandung......

Room Tip: Swimming pool view