“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Service is excellent and the suite is spacious with lots of storage space. Bathrooms very clean and nice and shower eqpt very good.

The bed and pillows are absolutely out of this world. Super comfortable,

Pool was very nice. Gym also very good. love the outdoor restaurat Breakfast coffee is freshly brewed by the cup and great coffee.

Love the ginger tea which is free every aftenoon tea time..
Staff were excellent and we enjoyed the stay very much.

Overall - Splendid and wont mind returning for R&R .

Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Yvonneyeo,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to hear that you had a most memorable experience while staying with us and that our team looked after you very well

Once again thank you for sharing and I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back upon your next journey to Bandung

With best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 May 2013

1. Staff at all levels provided excellent, attentive and friendly services
2. Particularly enjoyed having meals at the terrace which is so relaxing and refreshing
3. Choice of pillows, complimentary traditional afternoon tea daily, butler services are bonuses
4. Lovely infinity pool and Jacuzzi, Sunday activities viz. yoga class, hiking and kids' activities
5. Suggest the international breakfast to include lighter items like grilled bacon, tastier sausages, hash brown in replacement of the heavier stuff like quiche, roast potatoes etc.

Room Tip: Rooms above pool level provide good views of the greeneries and skyline.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kit Chuen T,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I would like to inform you that we provide the international buffet breakfast like grilled bacon, hash brown, roast potatoes and some more items that change daily

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

When we arrived, I was curious with the hotel, as it is alllllwayyysss fully book. And considered as one of the most expensive hotel in Bandung.
The reception is just ok. BUT wait until u enter the real lobby!
The hill breathtaking view, and the fireplace is wow so cozy!
I was there for 3 days meeting, so u can say that we practically ate there for 3 meals in a day.
The breakfast is SUPERB! The lunch as well! Lots of selection, and what I love most was the traditional selection, such as ketoprak, mie celor, or even jamu.

The dinner, we were ordering bbq dinner for 50 pax, but the grill was a bit tasteless.

The service was Great.
I was asking for late check out since I will have night flight, and after a long tiring meeti ng, All I wanted to do was a long deep sleep. And they gave me late check out till 2 p.m.

That was great!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at higher floor, with hill view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear M.Kartini,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to hear that you had a most memorable experience while attending a meeting at our hotel and that our team looked after you very well. We are also delighted that you particularly enjoyed our food.

However I’m very concerned about your feedback of the taste of grill menu that you had for dinner. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.
I've personally reviewed with the department heads concerned to ensure the shortcomings will not re-occur in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2013

It was fantastic to stay for a few days in such a beautiful hotel. The architectural and surrounding natural environment were both stunning. Our room was fabulous and had a great 24/7 view through a glass wall. The staff were all very very good and the service extended to an unsolicited birthday cake on this special occasion and beautiful origami swans made from our towels on our last night. Breakfast and afternoon tea were both excellent inclusions and the restaurant food and view were spectacular. My only criticism was the price of wine which was prohibitively expensive; irrespective of quality. Two glasses of very ordinary wine with dinner cost half as much as our room for the night. On one evening I was refused service for a single glass with my dinner and asked to buy a whole bottle instead. I refused to purchase and try to drink a whole bottle of wine and the evening was spoilt by this issue.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear 512traveller,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your compliments on hotel architecture, the view, the room, food and our hospitality. I am glad that Padma Bandung has lived up to your expectations.

However I’m most concerned about your feedback of refuse service for a single glass of wine. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.
Please note that only the selected house wine is available to be served by glass

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback as it allows us to continuously strive for the improvement in the near future. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Padma again.

Best regards,
Balikpapan, Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 May 2013

(+) One of the best architecture for hotel
(+) Hotel lobby was spacious, filled with fresh air from the large windows surrounding
(+) Staffs are exquisitely amazing, helpful, friendly and super nice, excellent service
(+) The restaurant are the best, the foods are plenty to choose and tasted yum
(+) The room super clean with comfy bed and lots of storage
(+) The bathroom is to die for, efficient and cozy
(+) The swimming pool is also amazing, infinity look to the hill beside the hotel
(+) The Jacuzzi completes the whole greatness of the hotel, perfect warm for a chill hillside hotel
(+) They have free yoga class every Saturday and many kid’s activities on Sunday
(+) The hotel also provide hiking and sport activities

Tips:
- Ask for swimming pool view, where you can see the pool serenity and the hill also!
- Check their website for a surprise discount

Have no complain staying in Padma Bandung, would love to go back again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for swimming pool view, not more than below swimming pool floor, where you can see the pool sere...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Dear NoorAisyah,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our food, view and our hospitality.

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The last time i stayed at Padma, my family and i were disappointed. The manager had apologized and offered a complementary stay if i ever feel like visiting again.

It's been more than a year since then, and last weekend i decided to take up on their offer.

To my surprise, the offer still stand and since Bandung was quite busy and i have no where else to go, i decided to give it another shot.

i arrived very late, straight from a week-long workshop in Jakarta, so i was hoping that my room will be ready when i arrive. Indeed it was. I was happy for not only a very fast check in, but also for the hot jasmine tea they sent to my room, less than 5 minutes later.

i had to work the next morning, so i got up early, and hoping for a quick coffee. I was not planning to have breakfast there, since my last experience was quite bad. But the smell of the food was very tempting. I had to check and rechecked several times but finally decided on eggs, sausages, cereal and juice. Everything was delicious.

the staff and the hotel was great! the food was slightly cold but very delicious.

all in all, i had a great stay, and i will return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Nina M
Dear Nina M,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that your recent stay at Padma Bandung has lived up to your expectation

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel

Jakarta
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Great Hotel with Good views, clean and the staffs are very helpfull and informative ...especially to us in which are new comers and first time to stay in this hotel. Our family is very happy and really a recommended hotel to stay for holiday and relax.....

Room Tip: Deluxe Balcony is very excellence view for our family
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Great Family T
Dear Great Family T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and the service.