“Awesome Hotel, Helpful Staff and Great Service”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Awesome Hotel, Helpful Staff and Great Service”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel is the best hotel in Bandung, it has a wonderful view and great natural ambience. I have stayed here for several times and Padma always made me want to go back there all the time. The activity is also great for business, family and leisure. The most wonderful thing of all is the service and hospitality from the staff, especially Mr. Ludy, He always give the best service and makes me and my family feel comfortable and he serves us like a VIP. I give a full recommend to all tourists and visitors to come to Padma Hotel, Bandung.

Room Tip: All rooms has the best view, especially suite room at premier building
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Hanny83,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent sty with us.

I'm pleased to note that you're satisfied with our Hotel facilities and its service in general.
I’m glad that the Padma Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.
We are also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Ludy.

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs who were equally delighted to hear them.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Kindly Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Thank you to the staff of Padma Bandung for making an effort to make our stay an enjoyable one. We booked into deluxe room for three person (as the hotel website allows an extra bed to be added). To our surprise, the room is really small for the third bed. A thick mattress was added on the floor without divan. However, the front desk gave us an upgrade to Premier rooms for the subsequent nights. Hotel was full with corporate bookings and family (as it was Indonesian School Holidays). Premier rms are bigger and third bed can be added with divan. We had two nights dinner in the hotel. Western food is better than local. We did not try the Saturday all you can eat rib-eye steak and ribs. It looks good and I think for the price of Rupiah 200,000 per pax, is worth a try. We also tried the free
hi-tea but probably a hit with the locals as most were local delicacies. Breakfast spread is quite good. A mix of local and western. Fresh juices are also served. Particularly like the "Sexy Gardenia" health drink. Children will be happy as they serve ice-cream for breakfast. Eternity swimming pool, outdoor jacuzzi and gym are good. The flooring a bit thin as could hear dragging of furnitures and thumping feet of children running around.

Room Tip: Back rooms facing forest, quieter. Front rooms face pool, mountain and forest but can be noisy if ma...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear PSWong,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on hotel facilities, the food and services. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future

Kindly Regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located a slightly off town and captures a majestic view of greenery and fresh air. this gave it a lot of resort feel. service is excellent and the hitel is managed pretty well. My family took 2 deluxe rooms over a long weekend and we were upgraded to premier room which was slightly larger than the deluxe. We found that the rooms at 2nd floor have poor wifi service and the wifi service in rooms on 3rd floor is fast. The first 2 nights are pretty quiet but on Sunday, a lot of children were in the hotel and used the stairs exit where our rooms are allocated as a play area and it was really noisy. The rooms are beautiful but I found the cleanliness in the bathrooms should be better. There's lots of stains at the edges of the shows room and basin. The towels are not very white and smelled of chlorine. Other than that, the rooms are pleasant enough with a selection of pillows for you to choose. Breakfast is really good and it is wonderful to sit out at the open patio. The afternoon tea provided is just ok - if you have a few days there, can try once. The a la carte menu is quite good too especially their Italian food. The hotel has yoga sessions in some mornings and their gym/swimming pool/ jacuzzi are good. They provide free shuttle service to and for airport which is a great plus. I found staying here made my Bandung holiday very enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Mosto,

Warm Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel

I appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness in the bathrooms. I’d like to express our apology for these shortcomings. I have shared your comments to Department Head concerned for service improvement

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With best regards,
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is our first stay at Padma Hotel bandung, and won't be the last. Our stay started on the negative notes. The hotel called us, 30 minutes before we arrived, to inform that we have been downgrade because of their hotel booking system problem, so they are over book for that day and will refund the price difference. Fortunately, the problem is solved when we arrived. They are very polite during the whole time. The hotel entrance & lobby is not very impressive. But the 2 rooms that we stayed: Hilside Studio and Premier Suite are both very nice. Modern, clean with large window overlooking green hills. Something that is very rare for city dwellers. Their breakfast is something not to be miss. Complete range, western & local dishes, in an open air restaurant. We tried their Dinner, the food just so so, but the ambience was very peaceful. The hotel also has swimming pool, jacuzzi, playground & hiking trail which we have not have a chance to try, since on that weekend the hotel is very crowded. My husband tried their spa service, and it is worth the price paid.

So if you are looking for a break from city, I highly recommend this hotel.
Excellent for family getaway.

Room Tip: Hillside studio & Premier suite is worth a splurge. Bring your sport shoes.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Blessu2,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the rooms, the breakfast and the greenery view of the hotel

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the quality of food during dinner time. I’d like to express our apology for these shortcomings. I have shared your comments to our Food and Beverage Department for service improvement.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Padma again.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is a little late but guess better late than never.
Together with my sister and her husband the 4 of us seniors stayed for 4 nights. We thoroughly enjoy our stay. The best experience is meals (breakfast and dinner) at the restaurant. The environment with mist floating in the air is excellent for us city dwellers. The forested view is very serene and made for great relaxation. The air is crisp. With the great breakfast spread and great impecable service from the staff, we really enjoy the leisurely meal. The hotel is a little away from the city and for those who are looking for easy walking access to busy shopping it may not be so convenient but if one is the whole day out and back in evening like us it is okay.

Room Tip: Try to take a higher floor. For Padma Bandung this is actually lower in number as the hotel lift sta...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear ChuaST,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and the service.

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

i stayed in padma for 1 night in 30 june with my husband and son.

I booked the premiere room and love the room with lots of glasses. There is huge glass window to see the view outside. It was nice..

The bathroom also has the glass wall but you can always pull the curtain down.

There is a children playground with flying fox. I Love the Swimming pool with a stunning view towards the mountain.

However, i was a bit disappointed. Because there were no toothbrush and shower cap in the bathroom. I asked room service to bring them for me, but it took more than 30mins just to deliver the toothbrush.

I think the towels need to be replaced with the new ones. They all look really ugly. Towels in the swimming pool even worse. You can see the threads are coming out on every sides. It looks really bad (will post the picture here)

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Ini_dhita,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your stay experience at Trip Advisor.

I appreciate your positive review about our Room, hotel facilities and hotel’s view. However I’m most concerned about your feedback that there is no toothbrush and shower cap in the room and the slow service in delivering the toothbrush. We also regret that the quality of the towels is not of the standard that you expected. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings. I've personally reviewed all of the issues you've mentioned with the department heads concerned to ensure that the same things will not happen again in the future

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I love the hotel and its surrounding, the way the hotel being builded from the top of the hill and downwards with the 1st floor on the highest level (Reversed leveling).

Nice restaurant, very well ventilated naturally, cool air both in the morning and night, wonderful environment, well mannered staffs. The head butler Mr Ludy and his assistance Mr Sona offers the most personalize service i ever experienced and they never fail to see to your needs. Four days and i never hear a NO from them and always "I will see what i can do"

The food is awesome both breakfast and weekend special dinner packages and price reasonably.

I only hope that in the near future, dinning area can have a separation between smoking and non smoking zone as non smoker like us are spared from inhaling 2nd hand smoke. It also help by not by polluting the nice cool fresh air especially in the morning and dinner time.

I will return for sure and i have already shown many friends the nice pictures of Padma and they too, are exited about being there.

Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Any room that faces the pool will enjoys the beautiful sunrise
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear DennisLee_59,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our hotel facilities and our hospitality.

I would like to inform you that dining area is separated between smoking and non smoking zone. Smokers can sit at the balcony area of the restaurant only.

I have shared your kind comments with our staffs, Ludy and Sona, who were equally delighted to hear them.

On behalf of all staff here, I am looking forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Kindly Regards,