“Unforgetable Birthday Celebration”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
“Unforgetable Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is my first time stayed in Padma Hotel Bandung, it was highly recommanded by my Canada friend. I celebrated my birthday on the 12 Feb 2014 and was given a upgraded room to a premier room at the New Wing with beautiful Sun Rise scenery. I am looking forward to stay again in Padma, because the services are excellent and i really enjoyed the wonderful view in every side of Padma Bandung. Special thanks to Ludy, Arba, Asri, Faddly, Vita, Kiki, Ronnie, and all the others for making our stay so beautiful, will recommend our friends and families to stay if visiting Bandung for sure. It was an excellent stay to enjoy Hotel Facilities and the hospitality service is really amazing.Right from the concierge & reception to the front. To all the staffs in Padma Hotel Bandung do keep up the good work my dear Padma Bandung staff and rest assured that i am returning soon. I will definitely recommend the hotel to all my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor very nice scenery
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ann L
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Ann L,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am delighted to learn that you have been impressed by our facilities and the level of service our associates have provided you during your birthday. I have passed on the message to them and they are personally thankful and highly appreciate your comment, which we believe it would motivate us higher to bring an impeccable service level to our valued guests.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Padma Bandung in the future

With best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 11 February 2014

It was my first trip to Bandung and it certainly won't be my last! The incredible service from the staff at Padma played a big part in making this such an enjoyable first-time trip for me and my friends. There were 7 of us in total and all of us unanimously agreed on how great the Padma hospitality is. From airport pick-up, reception, F&B, down to the rooms and facilities, we enjoyed every bit of the hotel.

There's lots to do at the hotel if you get tired of shopping at the outlet malls and distros, seen enough art spaces, and want to avoid the traffic altogether. The outdoor pool and jacuzzi are heated, there is yoga almost daily at 7am, gym, sauna come with friendly trainers, forest treks, flying fox, etc. A visit to the spa is a must. It's priced reasonably with good therapists.

Did we mention the spectacular views? And the amazing breakfast spread each morning? It was really nice to be able to sample local dishes and sambals for breakfast. The complimentary afternoon tea was also lovely with a good selection of local kueh and snacks. The ginger tea was incredible...I think we all had countless cups of this!

I would like to say a big thank you to Deasy, Sona, Wara, Rani, Rahmat, Sandi (and if I've left anyone out, my apologies), for making our stay very pleasant indeed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a premier room and it was very spacious with a great view. It's quieter if your roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen L
Dear Karen L,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on our product and services. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs who were equally delighted to hear them

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future

Kindly regards,
Singapore
Reviewed 10 February 2014

As what was written in most reviews, it is service, service and service. We received outstanding service from everyone at the front desk, restaurant, housekeeping... From the moment we arrived, every staff we met greets us with their warmest smile and offers their earnest help. Two particular names to mention are Deasy and Abi who provided top notch service. We were particularly grateful to the front desk for their utmost assistance in helping us to get medication when our 6 year old son was down with fever. Besides the service, the hotel also provides various activities for the kids.. We were also drawn up a travel itinerary to some of the popular sights outside the hotel. Our kids have a great time at the strawberry farm, the ranch and the viewing of the volcano.. There is simply too much to do at Bandung, contrary to our belief that it is a quiet city. We will definitely be back..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DP1223
Dear DP1223,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality. I am also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Deasy and Abi

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

With best regards,
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

The location and the hotel are spectacular and it used to be well managed. It now needs a lot of refurbishment and staff training. It should be one of the nicest hotels in Asia. But it's fallen a long, long way down.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank IIJAYESS
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear IIJAYESS,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for sharing your staying experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I’m sorry to hear that the Padma wasn’t quite lived up your expectations. I have personally reviewed all aspects you've mentioned with the department heads concerned. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction
Nevertheless, I’m pleased to know that you liked the hotel and location.

I wish that we’ll have another opportunity in the future to welcoming you back to our hotel to experience a better Padma Hotel Bandung.

Kindly Regards,
Midhurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I spent two nights here, one with a friend and one that I added just for me. Hotel staff were what really made the stay: Deasy in particular made sure that all of our plans came off and that we didn't have to worry about a thing. We stayed in room 431, an amazing mini-suite with full wall windows looking out on rainforest and allowing me to watch monkeys play in the trees while lying in bed. The infinity pool, with its green tiles and perfect temperature water was exquisite. Food was great: we had the Saturday BBQ dinner which was expensive but excellent and featured some of the best steak I've had since moving to Asia. We spent a day "doing" the volcano and, although it was cloudy, slippery and we couldn't see into the main crater, that wasn't down to the hotel. We used Danny, one of the drivers hired by the hotel and he looked after us magnificently, even telling is where to buy and where to avid sellers. Deasy sorted out our transport back to Jakarta and got rid of any hassle. As I left, I had staff lined up to shake my hand and hug me - I felt, after two days, that I was leaving friends and family! Can't recommend enough!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank janeyk419
Dear Janeyk419,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel. I am also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Deasy

I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcome you back to Padma Hotel Bandung

Kindly Regards,
Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

My sister recommended Padma Hotel to us, it has. really beautiful sceneries, with polite and helpful staff who'll do anything for us.
My sister booked the hotel on their website and was better then any other hotel site, we were pickup and dropped off at the airport with free afternoon high tea included for free ........ You will get better high tea during high season and weekend, otherwise it's still ok but lesser choice. Staff in the restaurant were very helpful too.
Thank you Ludy, Michel, Faddly, Vita, Kiki and all the others for making our stay so beautiful, will recommend our friends and families to stay if visiting Bandung for sure. X

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen H
Dear Helen H,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am glad to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

I have shared your kind comments to our staff, Ludy, Michael, Fadly,Vita and Kiki who were equally delighted to hear them.

Kindly regards,
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Hotel was highly recommended by a friend. I was there with my mum for Chinese New Year getaway. The hotel offers beautiful scenery with an outdoor pool and jacuzzi and there are also various entertaining activities such as flying fox, forest hikes, yoga lessons for adults and also children's activities with a children playground, bird houses and a farm.

What made my stay in Padma memorable was the tip top service provided by their staff. Despite the fully booked hotel for the Chinese New Year festive season, there was never a sight of unhappy and irritated staff. Every staff, from drivers, receptionists, butlers, restaurant staff, always wears a warm and sincere smile to attend to every details and demands of guests.

I wish I can remember every staff names like they remembers ours, but unfortunately I can't. All of them held great pride in their jobs and they showed so much attention to my elderly mother that she felt so pampered. I had to give special mention of service to butlers, Aby and Michael, and also restaurant staff Rani.

Aby and Michael were exceptional in tours and spa recommendations with dining places outside the hotel. They even brought us to a traditional heritage restaurant in Bandung. They were ever so eager to not only promote the hotel but also Bandung as well. Rani remembers our favorite table and is ever ready to recommend the Bandung traditional dishes and places of interests in Bandung too.

There are some setbacks on the hotel facilities such as quite worn out towels, the hot water was not working well in the bathroom however the room maid nice surprise gesture of an elephant structure, made of hand and bath towels, after one of her cleanup room sessions, more than made these setbacks minor and acceptable.

I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It was a long time since I experienced such lovely, sincere and warm service. It made my stay there so heartwarming and totally relaxing. I would love to make another trip back there soon.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and found the room great except for not sowell maintain hot water featu...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Demuree
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Demuree,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I’m glad that the Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. However I’m very concerned about your feedback of the worn out towel and hot water was not working well during your stay. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.

I have personally reviewed these problems with the department head concerned.
It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services to reach optimal customer satisfaction.

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs Abi,Michael and Rani who were equally delighted to hear them.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Best regards,