“At home with nature in absolute comfort”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“At home with nature in absolute comfort”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our stay at Padma was an absolute joy. Three things stands out. First location. Its away from the hustle of the city. Padma is in the sub-urban surrounded by the forest and against the hill. We thought of city access but that is solve with car, driver and petrol for S$5 a hour or 4 hour package for S$35. Transfer to/from airport is complementary. Do ask for English speaking driver and you will be surprise what you get extra. Our driver was local, act as a guide as well and offered all the places we love to see/eat/buy. Second, the service. Its second to none. Everyone - guest relations, front desk, restaurant host and waitress/waiter knew our names and greet us as such every time. We had a late flight and they offered a day room for our use until we leave without us asking. Third and certainly not the last, the food. Breakfast which in our case comes with the room is an absolute must. You get to flavor different local delicacies every morning. If cuisine (especially local street food) is on your list, don't miss breakfast. Of course the normal western breakfast are available. Now rooms are certainly spacious. We stayed in the junior suite but would look to the gallery suite (a grade lower the next time as it had the better view). It is very kid friendly and has different daily activities to keep the little ones occupied. Yes we are thinking coming back. I do not see anything I do not like of this place.

Room Tip: Try the Gallery Suite. It looks out to the forest and has a great view, on the top (first floor) and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear TravellerExotica,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

With best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I heard many people talking and posting about Padma Hotel but I never came here before. when the opportunity came, i booked for one night at Padma. The booking process was very easy. When i arrived with my families, we were welcome with pleasant and warm greeting from hotel staff and Mr. Ludy the front office manager who is very warm and helpful. The view is wonderful. I love it. I enjoyed the afternoon tea. At night the atmosphere was comfortable, I love having a cup of coffee at the restaurant, i want to do it again later when i stay again in the Padma. The breakfast was excellent, there were many choices from traditional to western breakfast. I love swimming at the pool and jacuzzi, the pool view is beautiful. hotel staff were very friendly. I really enjoy my stay at Padma.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ronald S
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Ronald S,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you again sometime in the near future.

Kindly regards
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here twice; 1st was our babymoon, 2nd was just a normal family vacay. The hotel has made certain improvement over these 2 years , such as warm water pool, and they are renovating more rooms on the lower floors. The service stay excellent, polite and friendly.
This is a perfect place for coulples to relax and unwind their mind from the busy urban life. However, i feel there are rooms for improvement to serve and satisfy the family group .

1. Room size is one of them. We stayed in deluxe room. It accomodate 2 adult & 1 toddler comfortably, but not more.

2. Bathroom. The shower room and the shower door was marked with stains. We expect more from a 5* hotel.

3. facilities and activities. How about a tennis court within the hotel compound? a more exciting Kids room? My husband and my 2 years had fun in the pool and the breakfast area. We tried the outdoor but the playground was muddy. we are concern about the safety of the kids as well. It will be nice if the playground is cushioned with padding (rubber gravels foam)
kids room that was called lego room, was really small and not much to play with.

4.Kids/family events and activites. I have to say they are dissapointing. Have more interactive activities for us. For example, Cooking class is carried out on a long 2 meter table, with 1 chef doing the cooking and the kids crowding around the table. it ended up that the chef is only illustrating and becoming a waiter, serving these kids with displayed ingredients. how about providing individual stations to each kids, along with it all the interesting food cutters with different shapes and colours. ( make panda shape sandwich, aeroplane shape tortilla as illustration )

Overall, We do enjoy our stay with all the polite and friendly staff. Will come back on our next visit for the peaceful scenery.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Saswita,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel facilities and staff hospitality

I appreciate your very constructive feedback regarding some aspects of the hotel. I've personally reviewed all of these issues you've highlighted with the department heads concerned to ensure the shortcomings will not re-occur in the future.

Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback. I do hope that this less than perfect experience will not prevent you from visiting our Hotel in the future.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I went to stay in Padma for a weekend getaway with my family last June. It was very nice, and my daughter really enjoyed it so much! The food in its restaurant was excellent. My aromatic duck was so juicy and good (not really duck actually, it's a goose). Breakfast options were also excellent. Enjoyed beefballs noodle in the morning (imagine that!). There were free high tea buffet at 3pm that time, the ginger soup was hot and good as well as other old Bandung style crackers. The pool was warm because there's a water heater. My daughter really loved it because she could swim longer. And I enjoyed the jacuzzi next to the pool. Morning walk was enjoyable as there was horse riding facility outside the hotel. Kids will love them. And as we walked around the complex, we found out that there were country club like restaurants around there. So next time, we will try them as well as there is no need to go downhill, really bad traffic now in Bandung. Oh, must try flying fox! And must enjoy the fireplace lobby at night while drinking beers or wine. The weak part: our room was kindof old, need to repaint the woods I guess.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Setiawan M,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I sincerely thank you for your review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. Thank you for highlighting the hotel facilities and food quality that is very much appreciated.

I am very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.

Please be informed that we are in the progress of upgrading the deluxe room for guest convenience

Sincere regards
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed at! The pool, the rooms the service, activities for the children, breakfast - everything was awesome! And the surroundings and the view is stunning. My daughter age 7 had a great time, using the climbing wall, the flying fox and every morning she went for horse back riding just outside the hotel..

Stayed July 2014
Dear Martedal,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our food, view and our hospitality.

With best regards,
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is suitable for everyone, be it family, couple, or single travelers. It's also suitable for every occasion. In Padma, you can do a lot of activities. They provide 1 big pool, 1 small pool for kids (all with warm water) and also a jacuzzi with temp regulator.

Down the hill they have a huge playing park for kids, where they can play flying fox, soccer, basketball, and other playground equipments. They also have indoor kid's club, a pool table, karaoke, gym and many more.

I don't even need to start raving about the room. Clean, comfortable, great view. You can easily find hotel staff everywhere to help you. They give you a choice of pillow menu.

Food is also great. They serve wide varieties of breakfast menu (Western, Indonesian, local street food, huge choices of desserts and fresh juices). Every afternoon, the restaurant also spoils the guests with complimentary 'tea time' where you can enjoy traditional cakes and snacks along with various hot drinks.

Easily the best hotel in Bandung by far, with the breathtaking view, good hospitality and friendly, helpful staff. I seldom, if ever, stay at any hotel more than one occasion as I always like to try new places. This hotel, however, is one of the rare exception to that rule.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tine_rina
Dear Tine_rina,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It is our greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back in Padma Hotel Bandung with a longer period of stay in a not to distance future.

Warm regards,
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The weak part: our room was kindof old, need to repaint the woods I guess.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer building wing / newer rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kokov
Dear Kokov,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable time during the second stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that we have contributed to making your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sincere regards,