“Excellent hotel!”

Ranked #2 of 228 Hotels in Bandung
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent hotel!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

One word to describe my stay. Excellent. From the front desk, room service to the service at the restaurant, it is nothing short of excellent. The service is from the heart and consistent. Not the robotic kind. The overall experience is akin to a stay in a presidential suite. Recommended! Their front office staff by the name of Deisy is excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Khairul I,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one. I am also delighted that you that you were satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Daisy.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

Kindly regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

For second time I stay @ Padma with my family, there is no change for extraordinary services, warm greetings from entire staff, and great breakfast too!!!

First thought, my kids will get bored soon to stay, but there is many thing to do for Kids...they love swimming, out bond activities, cooking class, ride back horse, etc. My Kids very enjoy and won't to leave Padma.

Only minor improvement for room cleanliness... the sofa in room Hillside Studio need to be replace or extra vacumed... my kid get itchy when sit on the sofa.

Room Tip: Higher floors have no noises from up stair room.
Dear Martin_adjat,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable time during the second stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that we have contributed to making your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.

However I’m very concerned of your feedback about the sofa cleanliness in your room. Please accept my apology for the shortcoming. I have personally reviewed this problem with the department head concerned.

It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services to reach optimal customer satisfaction.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you again sometime in the near future.

Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Padma Hotel is just out of Bandung.......this hotel overlooks some tropical jungle and you can hear the insects and see some of the bats flying in and out of the trees....noooooo darlings, they do not fly anywhere near you table....yesss....the dining area looks out over the jungle....there is live music on weekend and holiday nights and that nice Chef Mahesa cooks up THE most lekker dishes!!! Ronny is the food and beverage manager and both Mahesa and Ronnie have international experience.....the GM of the Padma is Mr Nandang who often stops by for a chat. Great place for stopping over and better still for a honeymoon. Used to be known as the Malya early this century........surely one of Bandung's top Hotels and really first with Trip Advisor Members........stay at the Padma and it is such a beautiful place you probably will not want to leave!!! Ohhhh and there is a heated pool at the Padma.....

Room Tip: Heated Pool and all the mod cons
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear BandungBelle,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to hear that you had a most memorable experience while staying with us and that our team looked after you very well.

I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcome you back to Padma Hotel Bandung

Warm regards,
Tangerang
Reviewed 5 August 2014

On May we stayed at Padma Hotel Bandung for 2 nights and we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel with staffs that very helpful and beautiful location.
We also surprise with afternoon tea in this hotel that serve us with drink and some traditional snack.
WIth warm water pool and jacuzzi pool, I really like and also my child. We can swim without worry of cold. Many activities for our children also, like flying fox, painting or making cookies (if I'm not wrong).
For breakfast, my comment is two thumbs up. So many variation of food and almost all are delicious.
My family miss to stay in this hotel again even we have already three or four times stay there.
Very recommended hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kevin S

Thank you very much for your generous compliments and for taking the time to share your holiday experience. I am very honored to have received such a positive review and it has been a pleasure to have you as a loyal guest

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Padma Hotel Bandung sometime in the near future.

jakarta
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Padma is located next to hills and forests. I loved being so close to nature and yet just a short drive (10-15 mins) to the town area. We arrived early 9.30 am, registration and check in was fast even though our rooms were not available so we proceeded to the restaurant for something to eat and to while away time. I was disappointed to be told that we could not order anything except fries and sausages between 10.30 and 12.00! As breakfast was over and lunch was not available yet. I don't think this is acceptable especially for guests who have taken a long drive from Jakarta like ourselves and were hungry. Other than that, we loved many things about the hotel - the wifi is great all through the property and they have a small playground, zipline, pool and ping pong tables to keep kids occupied. My two boys (16 and 11) played a lot of ping pong during their stay! The girls enjoyed the pony rides (available at Rp 20000 per kid per loop). We enjoyed the free nature trek (available at 7 or 9 am on weekends) very much - it was slightly wet and treacherous so do wear good walking / trek shoes. The staff who brought us on the trek really helped us and we were most impressed that he even helped us wash our mud-stained shoes after that ... that's Indonesian service that you won't get in many other places. The Italian buffet on Sun night was quite good except that we found it strange that there were no pizzas! The butler service was great and Akbar was especially helpful in recommending and getting us a reservation at Miss Bee (a great and hip resto near the hotel). I can't say the same for Maxi's whereas Jack Runner was a good spot for value for money pastas and steaks. Would welcome more facilities such as two karaoke rooms (instead of one), more ping pong and pool tables. When the hotel is experiencing full occupancy such as the time we were there (Lebaran) it is not always easy to get a booking. We were also disappointed that the spa was closed for an entire month. But overall we enjoyed our stay and will recommend this hotel for families.

1 Thank Shazsooz
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Shazsooz,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel facilities and staff hospitality. However I’m very concerned of your feedback about the service at The Restaurant. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings.

I appreciate your suggestion regarding some aspects of the hotel. I've personally reviewed all of these issues you've highlighted with the department heads concerned for the service improvement.

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Having lived in Indonesia for a few years, I've learned not to expect too much.

My group arrived at Bandung at 3 different times - and the pleasant surprise is the free transfer from the airport to the hotel for all of us! Except that they did forget to come when I arrived last (at night), but they did apologize, asked me to take a taxi, and reimbursed me for it.

Location wise, its nestled on a hill side, and built facing the hills/rainforest. It is absolutely a gorgeous location, away from the hustle and bustle of city. The hotel rooms are fairly decent/nice - not your plush luxury 5 star rooms, but at least a good 4 star standard. The maintenance could be better - our sliding door to the toilet couldn't be closed, so we had to wedge a dustbin to keep it closed (room 418).

Built on a cliff, it goes from level 1 (lobby) to 8 (downwards). The views from the restaurant is fabulous. The have a nice pool, and gym. And right below, they have a outdoor area with playground, flying fox (which is great fun!). And if you organize it, there can be someone to bring you for a bushwalk (a one hour or longer 2.5 hours) trail. Its fairly slippery, so you gotta have good shoes, and be very careful - but we enjoyed the walk.

There's also a big room with Karaoke facility, with pool table, table tennis table and a play room with PS3. You gotta book the Karaoke facility, but the choice of songs are pretty good. There's also free wifi in the room and most places!

Food wise, we liked breakfast - I love the espresso machines, and good variety for those who like sweet or savory foods. We had Italian themed dinner buffet as well. The slow cooked beef was good (for the first slice I had), but the subsequent slice (from a different slab) - was a bit too fatty, undercooked. Food is decent, not particularly fantastic, but the ambiance is really nice.

What I did also like about the hotel is the staff. The people are really friendly, go out of their way to help. They helped us book lunch (outside the hotel), even provided transport (subject to availability). They also had nice touch of free afternoon tea every day.

All in, it was a very nice place to chill for a few days. We really enjoyed just doing lots of nothing. Highly recommended, we'll be back!

1 Thank FoolishSaint
Dear FoolishSaint,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I appreciate your very constructive feedback regarding some aspects of the hotel. I've personally reviewed all of these issues you've highlighted with the department heads concerned to ensure the shortcomings will not re-occur in the future.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our stay at Padma was an absolute joy. Three things stands out. First location. Its away from the hustle of the city. Padma is in the sub-urban surrounded by the forest and against the hill. We thought of city access but that is solve with car, driver and petrol for S$5 a hour or 4 hour package for S$35. Transfer to/from airport is complementary. Do ask for English speaking driver and you will be surprise what you get extra. Our driver was local, act as a guide as well and offered all the places we love to see/eat/buy. Second, the service. Its second to none. Everyone - guest relations, front desk, restaurant host and waitress/waiter knew our names and greet us as such every time. We had a late flight and they offered a day room for our use until we leave without us asking. Third and certainly not the last, the food. Breakfast which in our case comes with the room is an absolute must. You get to flavor different local delicacies every morning. If cuisine (especially local street food) is on your list, don't miss breakfast. Of course the normal western breakfast are available. Now rooms are certainly spacious. We stayed in the junior suite but would look to the gallery suite (a grade lower the next time as it had the better view). It is very kid friendly and has different daily activities to keep the little ones occupied. Yes we are thinking coming back. I do not see anything I do not like of this place.

Room Tip: Try the Gallery Suite. It looks out to the forest and has a great view, on the top (first floor) and...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear TravellerExotica,