“the place to be!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel California Bandung
Ranked #39 of 225 Hotels in Bandung
“the place to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I was here from 20th feb 2014 to 24th feb 2014 with my cousins. There were 4 of us. We booked 2 deluxe king rooms. To our surprised, the hotel management gave us 2 suite rooms, room 515 and 615. Location is good, almost near to everywhere, to Pasar Baru, Ciwalk, PVJ, Riau street, Dago etc.... a good 10 to 15 mins drive. Allright, room is definitely awesome! Big, spacious, clean. The only thing, the towel is abit small for an adult. I love the room layout, especially the windows! It is from floor to ceiling all windows throughout the 2 walls in my room. I get a great view of the city, morning & night. Bathroom is clean. The air con in my room broke down during the 2nd night, i called the reception. They were fast to respond. A technician came and took a look. He tried meddling with the controller and that was it. After i came back from breakfast, it was still stuffy and hot. I called again and within 5 mins, the same technician came again with another one. By then, i had to go out so i left them to settle the air con. When i came back at night, room was all cool again. I am really happy they responded fast and promptly. I have no problems communicating with the staffs.. all of them are very friendly, especially Miss Dina. She never failed to acknowledge us. What amazes me is that she remembers our name and greeted us by our names. She made us feel appreciated and happy. She suggested places we should visit, gave us details and so on. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my relatives and friends and i will, for sure, stay here again if i visit Bandung again. Thank you Miss Dina for your warmth welcome!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank asikskar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is an excellent hotel - comfortable, clean, good breakfast, helpful staff. My only slight criticism is the location which is slightly out of the centre of town - maybe 2km from Jalan Braga. But taxis in Bandung are cheap and the doormen will happily hail one for you. I recommend Bluebird or Grua Ripa taxis - they always use the meter, no haggling.
I asked for a quiet room not overlooking a road and had no problems sleeping on the very comfortable bed.
I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Mesaieed, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Got room no 709 with city view. Very clean and neat room. Room quite spacious with comportable bed. Bathroom toiletries good. Everything working good except towel seem too small for adult, wifi unable to accees in my room even i got password, TV channel could be add more. Breakfast menu quite nice of choices.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

stay for 2 nights, but so dissapointed.
first day I check in, the room not ready, I hope the room ready quickly but I must wait in 30 minutes! tommorrow, I get a breakfast, I ordered some egg boil, I must waiting half an hour, is not a long time to wait for something when breakfast??? then I asked the concierge room to clean my room early. But the staff didn't come for a long time,disappointing.
That day I felt very badmood, whether the staff at the hotel always ignore a request?
Terrible!

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel!
1 Thank lita s
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Clean,comfortable,peaceful and spacious rooms! Great service and all friendly staffs are really appreciated. You are always being greeted by them whenever you see them.Check in, arrange for transport or any requests were being fulfilled efficiently. Great service by Dina,Dadang and all friendly staffs at lobby and concierge as well. Prices are affordable.Neat and proper housekeeping.Highly recommended!!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Hotel room is clean and spacious. Staffs are very efficient on all our requests. Had a day trip to some attractions here from the hotel service. Everywhere you go, whenever you see the staffs, they never fail to smile and greet you. Hotel room rates are affordable and we spent our valentine day dinner in Brown Sugar cafe. Food are not that fantastic but still not bad. Staff Dina is very friendly and attend to all our requests especially when our flight was cancelled, we went back to the hotel and she immediately find us a room and guess what, efficient as they were, within minutes our room is ready. Thank you Hotel california and all the staffs there.

Room Tip: I stay in 2 rooms, 310 and 409. 409 is twin bed and has a better view.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

A modern, clean hotel with friendly efficient staff. We had a good size room with huge floor to ceiling windows with a view of the mountains at a very reasonable rate. The breakfast choices were good. They advertised music in the lounge but apparently that's only at certain times of the year. We ate one meal in the restaurant. It was fine. The hotel is on the edge of downtown so you have to take a taxi everywhere. The taxis usually charge a minimum 25000 rupiah. We seemed to be the only westerners there which is too bad as it's definitely worthwhile.