“nice hotel”

Zodiak at Asia Afrika Hotel
Ranked #13 of 322 Bandung B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

easy access, located on bandung downtown, perfect for business trip or for just bed and breakfast type. Room is clean, although rather small, but anyway we have a good night sleep. Breakfast is so-so, overall was a really good value of money, you paid what you got.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tiket.com

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked for one night stay at this hotel after reading several reviews and seeing its profile pictures, great impressions at first. But when I arrived, I realized that pictures lied. I found its building was an old shop which renovated into a small budget hotel with a tiny lobby where you will not feel comfortable to sit and wait during check in / out. Mildew stained shower curtain, no more choices of breakfast, and stinky restaurant gave bad impression as well. I prefer to choose other budget hotel than return back. Sorry to say this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
achmad arief i, General Manager at Zodiak at Asia Afrika Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear, Denis Lexitria, Ms
Warmest Greeting from Zodiak Asia Afrika Bandung,
First and foremost I would to thank you for choosing our hotel for your destination to Bandung. However by this response as well, on behalf of the team and I personally would like to apologize to hear your unpleasant experienced while you staying with us.
Regarding to your comment about our Shower Curtain, I’m trebly sorry about this, I already take action to made a schedule General Cleaning in our room random and for our variety menu, we already change our menu to the new one . I already share your comment to all staff especially to Housekeeping and Kitchen. I hope to meet you again in the next trip in Bandung.
Once again thank you for your comment. I assured that this will help us to improve our quality and quantity of services.

Please do contact me for any matters you need to ask regarding our hotel on my direct mobile phone +6285221237168 or on my email address arief.iskandar@zodiak-hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

In the next time hopefully have a member card for a guest whom staying at kagum hotels minimum 10 days around a year for priority booking and maybe some discounts. Introducing the new hotels or discount staying in kagum groups by email or bbm.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Paskalis_Yodi

Dear Mr Paskalis_yodi
Warmest Greeting from Zodiak@Asia Afrika Bandung……
Thank you for choosing and sharing your staying experience at Zodiak@Asia Afrika Bandung.
We are delighted to welcome you again to our hotel during your recent trip to Bandung and glad to have you as our loyal guest.

Regarding to your suggestion, actually I personally agree with you, we will try your idea from this year, thank you for your suggestion.
Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Overall is satisfied.We choose this hotel because of the location which is nearby Pasar Baru (only 10 minutes walk away) and some others shopping complex
The staff are friendly and helpful esp Mr Diaz Galdhira Rimaz.
The room was a bit small but comfortable and clean. The bed was clean and very comfortable. But there's no mini fridge to store our drinks.
The bathroom was adequate and lil bit smelly. You feel a bit weird when you are in the toilet. The toiletries is very limited. Housekeeper prepared 1 set and we need to ask for second set everyday.
The Wi-fi connection is not strong. Please put more modem router at each level.
The cafeteria is small and hot (direct sunlight). The food preparation is not hygiene. There`s an alien inside my breakfast. The menu is limited. Management should take note not everyone take heavy breakfast (mixed rice) early in the morning. Maybe can put some cereal as a choice.
It could be better if this hotel can provide airport transfer & transportation to place of interest near by with reasonable price in the future then can lead to more guest staying here.
I will consider to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wan C
Reviewed 2 May 2014

First, i wanna say that over all i was satisfied to stay here. They have nice people.. Always smile and ready to help...
But there's little disappoint. When i take a breakfast, i didnt see any officer there who watch the stock of food. So when i will take some food, it was empty.. I must ask the chef to re-stock it...

thanks to the hotel manager who would take us to the station.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The hotel is only seven months old, it is modern and clean. The staff are friendly, helpful and speak good English. The room was a bit small but comfortable and clean. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was adequate, plenty of hot water. The aircon was cold and silent, the wifi worked in the room. The only thing about this hotel that we hated was the appalling breakfast experience. A tiny, crowded, noisy affair, there was no choice of food for westerners, the lukewarm black tea or pink juice was self serve into chipped mugs. No cutlery, food being thrown over a partition by the chef topping up dishes already on the counter. No milk in the hotel at all. We wandered around in total disbelief and horror, then went to the sister hotel over the road for a delicious buffet in sedate surrounding. We had to pay of course, £5 each but after we complained to the manager of the Zodiak he offered us a 20% discount for the Golden Flower, the sister hotel. The appalling breakfast is the only thing letting the Zodiak down. Re location, nothing around to see and traffic so bad it takes at least one hour to get out of the city centre to volcano and lake.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I LOVE this hotel. Considering its only $30SGD for a night stay, it exceeded my expectation. It is very clean and comfortable with great location. Pasar Baru was about 10 minutes walk away and if you walk slight further you will reach with Braga city walk with nice restaurants and cafes along it and a mall you can catch a movie in. Along side this hotel is Bandung's largest mosque and along its street is another shopping haven where you can find malls like Ramayana, Matahari and huge stores selling shoes and only shoes. Awesome. One of the few hotels I had the best shower and sleep.There's no mini fridge but I dont mind it. Breakfast was a buffet spread, when there's a lot of people food runs out fast and service was a bit on the slow side for replenishments but on the whole the fried noodles and rice was tasty. Reception was warm and friendly, in general service staff was polite and helpful. I will definitely come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juzaila
achmad arief i, General Manager at Zodiak at Asia Afrika Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Juzaila, Mrs

Warmest Greetings from Zodiak@Asia Afrika Bandung ………….
Thank you for choosing us, as a place to stay for you and your family spend time in Bandung
We're glad to see you and your family were enjoying your recent stay with us by visiting nearby attractions such as Pasar Baru, Great Mosque, Jalan Braga, and many shopping mall around Asia Afrika. Hope we could meet up again very soon and try Bandung Night Culinary at Jalan Cibadak every weekend.

Best Regards