“Simple, modern and homey”

Ibis Styles Bandung Braga
Ranked #30 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Simple, modern and homey”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Went to this hotel with my family last weekend.. this hotel located very near from gedung merdeka at braga street. I love the modern and simplicity concept they have. Room quite spacious with unique concept, breakfast also ok for 3 star hotel. Bed really comfortable. Things that can be improve a bit is the cleanliness of bathroom and room sound proof (maybe quite noisy because I choose connecting rooms). Overall I do really enjoyed my holiday! Thanks ibis!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GMISBB, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bandung Braga, responded to this review, 28 December 2014
Dear Customer,

We are very pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. We will improve the cleanliness to ensure our guest's comfort.

Come back to visit us soon.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I booked this hotel based on faith and the few reviews I read. There were no proper photos til recently on how the hotel looked like.

Our stay here was fantastic. Even though the bedroom wasn't very big, we had a nice big bed and an LCD tv which had cable. The shower area in the bathroom was big and had a rain shower so it was fantastic when I had hot showers. We also had a great view of braga street from our window.

Breakfast was surprisingly better than I expected. Even though most of the foods offered were Indonesia cuisine, it was more than enough to fill our stomachs and the food was flavourful.

The hotel was in a good location too being on braga street. There were a lot of cafes/restaurants and live music and 24 hour convenience stores along the streets. Since we stayed on a higher floor, the noise level from the street at night didn't bother us at all.

The only downside was that the gym and pool was not open to hotel guests yet (I packed my swimming costume when I read that one of the facilities was a pool).

The staff were very helpful and nice. They even let us check out late at 1pm even though we requested for it at the last minute.

Room Tip: Get rooms on higher floors to get a good view of braga street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Customer,

I was delighted to read that you enjoy your stayed with us. I will pass you kind words with the rest of the team.
We would be honoured to have you return to our hotel.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my family (3 adult) stayed at this hotel on May 30th to May 31st, we booked a family room since they didn't provide extrabed. Upon arrival we are shock that they only give us 2 free breakfast, eventhough we booked a family room, ( later in the morning the FB crew explained to me that the breakfast for family room is free for 2 adult and 2 children below age 16), the second shock is we must pay at the reception not the same amount as at our booking receipt and when we asked the reception officer, he answer it that the price on the booking receipt hasn't include VAT (PPN), which is wierd because on my booking receipt the service and vat is included. After discuss with my family member, we agreed to continued stay at the hotel.
For me, since I have stayed on several Ibis hotel group, the room was the largest among all, and the designed are unik. The food are great for the room service (Street Restaurant) but good enough when breakfast, but like Ibis Transtudio, the Coffe was great. Maybe because it still soft opening so the food choice isn't much.
Overall with the soft opening price is a well located hotel, within walking distance to plenty of shopping attraction.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Virgorini
GMISBB, General Manager at Ibis Styles Bandung Braga, responded to this review, 29 December 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking your time to give us the review.
We hope to see you again soon.

Jakarta
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I went here in the beginning of April 2014. It was a random pick, since me and friends went in sudden.. And it was new built hotel, so not all parts are full furnished. Great hospitality of the staff. The standard room was a bit small.
The breakfast was gooodd.. You should try their omelette and sausages.
Too bad, their cable TV doesn't have Starworld :p

A little tip, if you plan to stayed more than one night, make it open credit. So if perhaps you got hungry in the middle of the night and want to order room service, it could be billed later. Otherwise, you need to come down to FO and pay for it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.
We hope to see you again soon.

JAKARTA
Reviewed 2 May 2014

New hotel in Bandung, just open on 28 March 2014. Perfect location, between Braga street & Asia Afrika street where you can find many historical building. It's also not far from Pasar Baru (if you prefer to go shopping). Clean room, complete amenities & toiletries, comfort bed (they even provide bolster), unique bathroom. If you go with your kids, choose their family or business room, It's very spacious. Nothing to complain about this hotel. It's just perfect, love it...

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank ADEVIA
Dear Customer,

We are very pleased to read that you enjoy your stayed with us.
We looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Jakarta

Good simple breakfast
Good Location
Good quality Linen

(-)
Some left over dirt / stain from the construction need to be clean

If you just need a place to sleep and will spend most of your time to explore the city...this is one of the hotel you should consider.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Customer,

Your feedback is very valuable to us.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel is new and clean. However the building is not yet fully operate. I went to Bandung on the 12-4-2014 for a business trip with 2 of my colleague. We checked into 3 different rooms on the 6th, 7th, and 8th floor. Those are the only floors operating during the soft opening. Since we have a late meeting and will arrived around midnight, I called in to give my credit card number.

We checked in around 12.30 p.m. Around 2 a.m. my female friend called me because there is a very loud banging sound in the ceiling. I went to her room and called the operator to come and listen to the sound. We wait around 15 minutes, the sound stops but there wasn't anyone come up yet. So we called to tell them the sound has stopped.

Around 4 a.m. in the morning I got a called again, this time the loud banging sound does not stop. I went down to call the duty manager (Fady) to come to the room 610 to hear the sound. I also took a video record of this event because Fady need to confirm with the management in the morning. He gave another room to my friend, we are moving room at 4.30 a.m.

We wait until 9 a.m. and asked what happened to the banging sound. The floor manager (Deddy) came to our table during breakfast and told us they will gave us 1 complementary room to 2 persons who did not get any rest in their hotel. Which at the end he understands the situation and gave us 2 complimentary rooms. Which does not help much since it did not gave us extra time to rest. However, we appreciate the gesture by the FOM.

The GM of the hotel Valerie Diard who used to work in Novotel Bali (according to the information that I received from the hotel staff) has never communicate with us. Instead the FOM call and email us request for the proof of video (eventhough Fady the Duty Manager) was there during the event.

Finally we moved to Novotel for the next night. We always prefer Accor Hotels. They never disappoint us before. However, I think Accor management in Indonesia should pay more attention to new hotel like Ibis Styles Braga, especially before grand opening.

If Accor Management would like to see the video, I can be reached at solitz@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Just make sure the room is ready and the a/c is cold. Room 706 is not cold, Room 610 has loud bangin...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business