“OK overall”

Ranked #67 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Johor Bahru
“OK overall”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Generally, it was quite OK. The bathroom was clean and toiletries were provided. Also tea and coffee making facilities. The floor was clean, the bed sheets were clean & the room very pleasant. And there is a lift. One of the earlier reviews had stated that there is no lift & I was rather concerned as I was travelling with my aged parents (77 & 78 y.o.), but thankfully there is a lift.
Cons: i) the extra bed was a mattress on the floor. They do have proper triple rooms but all had been taken up.
ii) no hair-dryer
iii) breakfast was rather basic & not very satisfactory

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Parrotcay
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Originally I choose this place because it is near Zen Spa but I don't know if it turned out that this hotel has very low standard of cleanliness. I could not stay here. We came and checked out a few hours later even after they gave up upgrade room.
The floor was dirty, the AC was smelly, the bed sheet was stained, and the toilet....oh, my....they should have closed this hotel in the first place.
We left and hope our 2 days paid night can be used to hire good housekeeper.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Bandung hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel is nicely decorated and traditional looking with a Javanese-like atmosphere from outside. But the room is a bit old with the hostel type of bathroom. It wasn't too bad considering the surrounding area that has many other hotels but Sukajadi is just a stone throw to a nearby mall and some other shops around. Generally Bandung is not clean and the local authority will have to do more than just collecting the rubbishes that appear to be there forever. It is within walking distance to Paris Van Java - a big shopping mall (about 10 to 15 minutes). It is also close to ZEN Spa & Reflexology where we can get a super good massage.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I really liked the comfort and feel of this hotel. Very well setup and nicely organised, pretty restaurant area and swimming pool in the middle. Rooms with good beds, very clean and equipped bath room. There's free WiFi, if I recall correctly you need a code.

Location - Jalan Sukajadi, to the NW of Bandung centre.

The reception staff is friendly and helpful, giving you directions if you need them.
The best way to get around is by taxi. I didn't see much of Bandung, but the centre (around the Islamic Mosque) is interesting. Hotel Savoy Homann is famous for art deco style, but I only saw the outside.
Mall Paris van Java is a nice place for high end shopping, no bargains here!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

A comfy and pleasant to stay. Nice ambience and efficient staffs. Nearby to certain places especially Paris Van Java. Had a fabulous getaway with my girlfriends. Highly recommended for a budget stay and you will love the stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The rooms were average and they were having a strange musty smell. The sheets were not very clean . The bathroom was just ok and old. We had to request for toiletaries atleast twice ,before the hotel staff provided the same. The hotel has a great lounge and is very scenic. Breakfast was just ok and not very good for international travellers.

Overall the hotel was only average

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stay in this hotel for 3 nights i travel with my sister and 10 mo baby.The hotel building look nice,cosy and the ambience is good. Not really far from airport. This hotel didnt provide any airport transfer, but upon arrival u can buy taxi coupon for IDR40,000 /RM12/USD4, the whole journey took 20-30 minutes to reach hotel.

We arrive around 930pm local time, the check in process is fast and the room is ok, clean and have a space for my little one to mve around, i pick "executive room". The staff very helpful.

In terms of safety this hotel use card to access to any floor.

The bad experience is on my 1st night, few hotel guest adult man was in hotel hallway towards my room, going back and forth. After midnight there's lot of noise, talking laughing, yelling, knocking. Very loud and iam checkingthru my door , few man was talking etc outside...a group of them,which i believe the hotel guest as well

Early morning around 630am, i heard people yelling "wAke up..wake up" going from end to another end of hallway.the worst is, this group knock my door several time and rang my door bell...which makes me langry.when i ask them " whats the matter" and one of them reply "they got the wrong room.

The 2nd night my hubby join us , its around 11pm, and our door was knock hard by someone fom outside, my husband ask them what do they want.and they leave, after a while once again our door been knock hard and they rang our doorbell. I ask my huband not to open thedoor, thru the hole from the door, we can see oneman without a shirt.. We immediately call the operator and ask them to send the security.

The hotel act promptly and transfer us to another level. The room slightly small. But we can sleepp peacefully

One thing in theirrestaurant theres no baby chair provided.i have to hold my babyall the time during breakfast

The hotelis ok..but my 2 nights experience are awful. Im not sure either i want to recommend this hotel to anybody. I hope my review will help u to makea choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family