“Enjoyable!”

Ranked #175 of 228 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I & family stayed there for 2 nights, and were overall happy about it.
The room was in good condition - looks like recently rennovated. We got a room on the first floor facing the pool - so not much view but were happy cause we thought we could watch our daughter from the room :)
The breakfast was very acceptable. They did minor variation -better than none. They need to keep it warmer though.
The service is probably their weakest link. Staffs are hospitable but not professional, and responsive. They also need to renew the equipments in the fitness center, which probably dates back to Jane Fonda's time.
It was the price factor that squares it all. For about USD45 for a deluxe double room in the city's center area. It is really a bargain.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Situmorang

Solo
Business
  • Indonesian first
Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 October 2011

The location is away form heavy traffic area, just walking distance to "Pasar Baru" textile shopping area & Jalan Braga for night life entertainment such as Karoke & pub.

The room is nice & clean, sufficient wall socket but could not access internet wifi, inform the reception about it, but still no connection, no safe box in the room.

Our room located on 3floor, facing the Bandung town view which we like it.

No more Noisy music as mention in the earlier comment, as they have closed the pub & change it to Spa.

Special thanks to the Staff in StarBlack Lounge i didn't remember her name) tall girl with black & white uniform, she is very attentive with a smile and pro active, she saw us waiting for our room in the lobby & offer us for a drink whereby no one offer us anything until she came in. for info we have be seated there for about an hour while waiting for our room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Yogyakarta
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I and my wife stayed at Vue Palace Hotel Bandung for 2 days on 19 to 21st December 2009. We had some trouble.

The electricity was off, but there is no automatic switch to the genset (generator). I was in the bathroom and it was dark . After a while, the electricity was on.

When we (I and my wife) was in the lift, the electricity was off again. The lift stopped, and it was dark in the lift. There was no emergency lamp. I tried to contact the hotel by using my celluler phone, but there was no answer. Fortunately, after a while in the dark, the electricity was on.

We had also a trouble with the water. When I was in the bathroom, the water stopped. I phoned the room service, and he said, it would be repaired soon. After a view minutes, the water was alright, but the color of the water was not ok, it was black. I had to wait again for a couple of minutes, then the water was really alright.

I am sorry, I do not recommend to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AhmadYogyakarta

Travellers are raving about these Bandung hotels

world
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I saw this hotel picture in one of magazine, and was interested to try because of the look of the building is tall and glamour. I often travel to Bandung especially on weekends.

I regret to stayed in this hotel, and I regret it very much.

Actually the room is quite alright, at least it was a new hotel. Staff seems sincere and helpful. but the facilities were "a cheat" : swimming pool is a tiny place just like a fish pond, food was terrible, staff with just black and white uniforms like they are all servants / trainees. There was a big pub with some "ladies" not properly dressed , they gathered in the lobby. This "pub" seemed to have a crowd which you do not want to see in the hotel. Made me feel in-secure.

it was not a star rated hotel. I will never recommend this hotel

• Liked — room is alright but not that clean
  • Disliked — bad ambiance, low market clients,
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank inung-susila
PJ, M'sia
Reviewed 14 July 2008

The standard room is nice, unfortunately there was something wrong with our bathroom door that it couldn't be shut properly. But husband and I decided to ignore it because we figured being a married couple, we've nothing to hide lol..

At night, we had trouble falling asleep (eventhough we were exhausted!) because of the blaring music coming from the hotel's pub. Our room was on the 2nd floor and I've no idea on which floor the pub's located (I'm assuming on the 1st floor), but the noise was unbearable. However, my parents-in-law didn't seem to encounter the same problem since their room was on the 3rd floor.

And the swimming pool is very disappointing. My sisters' room was facing the pool, and when we looked out of the window for the first time, we cried out in disgust. For a new hotel, I was expecting something much much better.

Other than that, the hotel staffs were polite and helpful. And the breakfast buffet was quite pleasant. But I don't think I'll be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank nikinu
depok
Reviewed 12 December 2007

No Problem at the begining.... but at night suddenly a lot of noise from people chatting in the corridor and didnt get any attention from the managemant.
When check out, i was charged for a bottle of OJ that i didnt drink. I argue that i didnt drink it, but got impolite respon from the cashier. i paid it anyway. But promise myself will not visit this hotel again.

Stayed August 2007