“The best lamb satay I have ever tasted”

Warung Sate Kambing Pak Gino
Ranked #91 of 1,949 Restaurants in Bandung
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I am not a big fan of lamb satay, my husband is. He took me here during our recent visit to Bandung based on recommendation from our friend.
It's not a fine dining restaurant though, so do not expect much on the restaurant itself. However, it's quiet clean and the food is superb.
The lamb satay is so tender it melts in your mouth, they served the satay in a hot plate and separate the gravy (peanut and sweet soy sauce gravy) hence you can choose or mix it by your own.
Other menu? We ordered tongseng (goat meat in curry-like soup with vegetables and sweet soy sauce) and sup sumsum (soup with bones and vegetables with really prominent flavor) and they were awesome.

1  Thank Primaully W

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This is one of my favourite restaurant in Bandung. If you are a big fan of anything that is made from lamb, this is definitely the place to go. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

The service is okay. But not poor. But cmon, it's not a fine dining restaurant. I was talking about the food, after all that's what you search from a restaurant right? The juice is refreshing, the satay? Needles to say: best satay I've ever tasted. Like: EVER! Oh ya, it's not very cheap though, but not expensive also :)

1  Thank Nananunu
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good price & taste but the atmosphere is so humble...

Reviewed 15 December 2011

The sate Buntel was too sweet and burnt.
The satay Kambing was ok, but not the best.
The Sop Kambing was SOO salty, not recommended to those who have a high blood presure problem.
The Tongseng Kambing I like it, although I've had better.
The Gule Kambing is a bit tasteless.
The Nasi Goreng Kambing and the hot tea was the only thing I enjoy..
Be carefull if you are planning to have another meeting after this, the smoke of that place will attach to your clothes.