“Worth the visit”

Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We dinned at The Duck King in PVJ mall for lunch. They have dim-sum promo daily at 25% discount. The in-house manger, Doris is a Singaporean which we glad to bump into. She is chatty and friendly. Most important, the duck is succulent, dim-sums similar to Hong Kong style, except hala. The restaurant provides complimentary fruits platter after meal. Thumb up for the good service and foods.

1  Thank Atbh
There are newer reviews for The Duck King

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Overall, it was ok. With the discount, it made it even more worth it. But I think its only for dim sum items. We had wanted to order the scallop porridge but I guess they ran out of fresh scallops. The chee cheong fun was yummy! Very smooth indeed. Service was good as well, waitresses were attentive, perhaps coz it was a weekday.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Not a good place to eat alone.
I came here with my family and of course we tried the duck. It was average, but the best part i love is the skin. It was a little bit salty but favorable.
The waitress are keep nagging while we pick on the menu. And i learn something from the visit: don't make eye contact while eating or the waitress will be coming to your table.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went in with friends by chance one night, ordered crispy roast duck, prawns, an amazing tofu dish (which I unfortunately forgot the name of), crab and egg soup, several types of vegetables.
The service was good and the food even better, the place seems to be popular with locals and expats alike, mind you the food is on the pricey side however it was a memorable meal.
So memorable that we went back the next night!
Have since found out that this is actually a chain so will be looking this up in future travels.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I've been to this location a few times, and each time I keep giving them another chance. The food is mediocre at best. The last time they brought out the wrong item, and then tried to argue that was what we had ordered.

Even when they're run specials, it's not a good value.

Service is quite minimal. I've needed tea refills, and then sat for 15 minutes with no waiter coming by.