“nostalgia during student ipb”
Review of Es Bang Doto

Es Bang Doto
Ranked #119 of 337 Restaurants in Bogor
“nostalgia during student ipb”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

this kind of ice cream is made locally with durian tropical fruit. it is different with ice cream from factory or selling via supermarket

Visited March 2014

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“An old recipe traditional ice cream, but made me keep coming back”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I spent my childhood in Bogor, so I've known this place for quite a long time. And now, every time I came to Bogor, I always made time to buy Mang Doto's ice cream. What makes this ice cream is really nice is, unlike any other vendors, he always uses good quality bread to serve with the ice cream. Yes. Doto ice cream is well known for its traditional ice cream served in a slice of bread. Called traditional, because of the way of making the ice cream using traditional tools. In Bahasa Indonesia, we call it "es puter". Whether the chocolate flavor or durian flavor, Doto ice cream has always be my favorite. That's why maybe, although the ice cream is sold in a small stalls near the roadways, it has been one of the icon of Bogor.
Being one of the street food sellers, I'm not really sure about the food hygiene, but I've never had any stomach problem whenever I bought the ice cream. It's really worth trying, especially with relatively cheap price.

• Visited April 2012
8 Thank RonnC
Jakarta
“one of the oldest ice cream in bogor”
Reviewed 4 December 2012

famous since 1970's this bang Doto ice cream is made traditionally in a small hut (at least it is how he started). I know mas Doto, he's a very friendly man. I used to watch him making the ice-cream, with simple ingredients plus hard manual labor, making his ice cream a very famous one, taste very good too. I wonder how old he is now, or if he's still around...

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Hismanto
Bali, Indonesia
“Old Receipt, Rich of Taste”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

They're in side of the road, when it's weekend, you can see Jakarta's People queue to get 1 cone of ice cream.

I think this ice cream has been in bogor for ages.
Now, the seller man is the third generation.
woww, no wonder if this small ice cream store is still crowded in weekend days!

the famous one is Durian Ice Cream, you better not to try it, because you'll feel like consume drugs :)

• Visited December 2010
5 Thank balianz88
Bogor, Indonesia
“I said the atmosphere is poor because...”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I said the atmosphere is poor because ir's located near the street mot in the building. Maybe this is the greatest durian ice cream in bogor! There are some variants to serve. By a cup or bread. But I suggest with bread. It makes delicious especially when the weather become hot.