“Cow Dung Scent”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bogor
Seruni II Gunung Gede
Ranked #1 of 45 Bogor B&B and Inns
“Cow Dung Scent”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

I am staying for a couple nights with a big group. I got the room with no view...no window! The outdoor area smells like cow manure. There are a lot of steps and stairs poorly designed all through out the corridors. We have already people tripping over.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank mwattimena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I have had a 2-night stay from 28 February 2013 during this first trip to Bogor.

The whole hotel compound is very big - it is indeed a holiday resort with full recreational facilities.

The room that I have occupied comes with stunning view, and it has 2 big beds - so I guess I have stayed in Seruni 3. It is definitely too big and spacious for a loner like me.

The room is excessively decorated in some ways but yet it is rather basic in its layout. The overall interior decor is rather weird - it has a big and long marble top that acts as a writing table. And it is rather noisy because of top ventilation openings near the main entrance and bathroom areas.

The bathroom is very big but basic with limited toiletries.

The breakfast selection is rather limited and less than interesting.

The hotel staff is generally polite and kind.

The rate is value for money - at Rp700,000 per night - given its room size and nice view.

However, other than experiencing its very nice view, I would not choose to stay in this hotel with characterless rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LML1963
Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

Me and my family, have been in this place few times. Firstly, because it has a beutiful, stunning view, and nice pool. Secondly, it's close to Taman safari, so instead of spend a day in T.Safari, then go back to Jkt again, which is quite exhausted, we can stay overnight in this hotel. The rate is reasonable, as reasonable as the service. We can't expect to get an excellent service with such a price. From what I noticed, most of the hotel/villas in puncak, run by local, never really managed by the full proffesional staff, otherwise perhaps the rate will be much higher. The very least, the room is not small, the window is wide, so we can see the beautiful view right from our bed, the pool is fun, and the restaurant is nice, eventhough the food is not really ok. The parking area is big, so ?!.. there are some Plus's for this place. I don't mind to comeback again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I heard from my friends that Seruni hotels (1,2 and 3) are nice. We (3 adults and 2 kids) stayed at Seruni 2 over the weekend. All the pools are nice. They have nice kind of "outdoor" things for kids to do. I like all the stairs around the area - good for exercise :-) I wished they fixed the broken "mosaic" in the bathroom instead of taping it with clear tape. It is a nice place to stay and very affordable even though it is very hard to make a reservation. Not sure why they don't answer phone calls :-)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank orcaandbeluga
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

I always passing by this hotel for several times cause irs location not along side the main road to taman safari. But, after my friend informed me about this hotel, we decided to stay a night in this hotel.
It has beatiful mountain view, a very large location and nice landscape as well.
Very nice, keep it up.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank budi_haryanto
Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Stayed @Seruni 2 for a weekend getaway in July 2012, tried to book Seruni 1 or Seruni 3 but all fully booked. The newest one is Seruni 3 and the rate is around Rp100.000 higher from Seruni 2.

The hotel is huge, streched all the way from Seruni 1 up to 3, like a Titanic, almost like I stepped into another world when I entered the area. Each Hotel (Seruni 1-3) has their own pools and facilities. Like the pools a lot. Breakfast wise, quite ok on the menu selection and reasonably ok in terms of price (for additional child Rp35.000 and for adult Rp70.000).

The interior is Bali inspired. The room is very big and spacious and since they are using tiles and not wood, have a bit of cold sense of the room. There is also a wall decoration which is a little creepy for my taste. There is a connecting door @my room and the next door also had their children so could hear the noise. But overall, the hotel is nice and the view is relaxing.

The location is near to Taman Safari Indonesia and purchasing ticket @the hotel will get 10% discount for normal price.

Room Tip: Please ask the reservation if you will be given a room with a view to the mountain or not and on whi...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
20 Thank jule_maria
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Let's start with the positive review about the hotel, shall we?

The good things about the hotel :
The view is great, especially at night. The pools are also great, they're located in 3 different area. 1 of them is an olympic size pool. Seruni hotel also has great location, near Taman Safari Indonesia and only 30 minutes drive to Cipanas area.

The disappointment :
It was incredibly hard to make reservation. I contacted the hotel and asked how to book a total of 8 rooms. The front office gave me cellphone number of Marketing division (unfortunately i forgot his name). I called him to make booking and he told me to send me the details by sms, so I sent it to him and waiting for his confirmation. 1 week, 2 week, 1 month waiting and still no update from him. I tried to call his cellphone and also directly to hotel and he never answered it. At the end my uncle was finally able to book the rooms via travel agent.

Arriving at the hotel, there's no porter so we need to put the baggage in the trolley by ourselves

First impression about the room is, it is not well maintained. The wardrobe doesn't even have doors. The bed is rock hard, specially the extra bed. We need to wait a long time

At 6pm, all of our family member gathered in my grandpa's room to celebrate his birthday. We called the restaurant to borrow 10 small plates to share the birthday cake. Then, the restaurant informed us that they can only lend 2 plates and for the 3rd-10th plates we need to pay additional charge Rp. 5000 per plate.

Not only plates, I asked for 2 additional pillow in my rooms because the pillows are small. And again they informed that they can only lend 1 pillow and the 2nd pillow cost Rp. 20.000/pillow/night. Also for additional duvet Rp. 50.000/night. And i was like, seriously...???

Breakfast was simply terrible. Cold omelettes, cold porridge, salty fried rice and the worst is they don't even serve MILK

I won't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
46 Thank RoseRachel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogor
Royal Safari Garden Resort & Convention
Pesona Alam Resort & Spa
Aston Sentul Resort & Conference Center
Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center
Puncak Pass Resort
Puncak Pass Resort
#4 of 24 in Puncak
Jambuluwuk Puncak Resort

Been to Seruni II Gunung Gede? Share your experiences!