“The Real Heritage Hotel With Delicious Food”

Hotel Salak The Heritage
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Bogor
“The Real Heritage Hotel With Delicious Food”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I checked in on the 16th June 2014 at 11 pm with meeting business objectives, my first impression was immediately treated by a very tasty meal at night. I entered in the executive rooms are quite spacious with a fairly comfortable bed. drinkware and bathroom fixtures are fairly complete. Initially I was quite disturbed by the placement of racks television because television cover can not be closed. but it is only a cover inserted into the rack. I stayed almost 4 days at the hotel. The hotel presents the impression of heritage for me and the food was perfect throughout my day at the hotel. Cons only one thing that does not exist at this hotel for prayer is a prayer rug in the room. but overall this is quite perfect and comfort for me.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I don't normally bother writing a review for my experience at a hotel, but this one does really deserve a special mention as its services have left me with really bad impression about the hotel.
I found out late at night, after finish working in my room, that there weren't any towels in the room. At around 11.45 pm, called up for a towel once, waited for twenty minutes-no towel. Called again- took them another ten minutes to come up to my room with a towel.
Please let's just start from the basic housekeeping, shall we? before we move on to anything else about the hotel-not to mention that you need to constantly log back in every half an hour on the internet on its free wi-fi, and the wait staff in the restaurant took fifteen minutes to bring us our bill even though there was just two tables of diners there.
You can see a general pattern happening here. Staff just take their own sweet time to get things done and maybe they do not really need guests staying here??
Had it not been because of my work who booked it for us to stay here, I would not have chosen to stay here for what it is worth.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Durak M
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I was check in at 11.40 am and FO said that the procedurws of Check In surely at 2 pm.... what a hell.... they asked us to qait for such a long waiting....

In Fact There is no procedures for that!!!!

Kindly train your staffs in Communication and Customer Care.....

And i am sure u can develop the hotel's Value.... Thank you

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Management_HSTH, Hotel Salak The Heritage at Hotel Salak The Heritage, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Ayok Witoyo G,

First of all we would like to thank you for taking your time to write us a feedback on Trip Advisor, and secondly we would like to apologize for the issue that you encountered with our Front Office during your stay.

Regarding your concern for an early check-in, our check-in procedure is at 2 PM, and we provided the information of our check in and check out time on our website and in every guestroom. In some occasion, we do allow guest to check in early but it depends on the availability. Some guest may check out early then we can have the next guest to check in early.

Our management has discussed this matter and we thank you for your valuable feedback. We plan to have a sign showing check-in and check-out times at the front desk.

Again, we are sorry for this incident and we hope that you can give us a second chance and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office. Thank you

Management
Hotel Salak The Heritage
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

hotel with good location because in heart city of Bogor. Near from train stasion, breakfast menu was delicius, friendly staff and polite staff, they have special offer for welcome drink chocolate is really nice drink. hotel for special goverment meeting, because they have so many meeting room, i will recommended to my company for meeting in hotel salak. thank for excelent service.

Room Tip: room was clean and cozy
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Like stay in this hotel. Staff full polite and friendly, buffet menu in kanari restaurant is delicios, small parking area but they have vallet parking. My request please have more smoking area, and nice room in salak view becaus. Have wonderfull view to salak mountain

• Stayed May 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have been to several workshops and meetings at the Hotel Salak and recently spent one night at the hotel. It is very popular with government officials. At any time there will be several or more workshops or meetings in the numerous conference rooms for government officials. The hotel sort of reminds me of a smaller and less impressive version of the Mahapajit in Surabaya which is a fantastic hotel and historical landmark. The facilities are clean and reliable. The food is usual Indonesian fare. The location is excellent if you want to check out the botanical garden. The morning call to prayer was loud so ask for a room away from the mosque.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the mosque which can get loud during the morning prayer.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

First check in I've shock because get the hotel upgrading my room to a bigger room. My child wa very excited and the room was very large. The nice we can get from Salak hotel was very good food and President Palace in Bogor. The staff also nice. Overall the service was great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family