“This is a very good hotel for someone travelling with a family; the service was excellent.”

Hotel Sahid Montana Dua Malang
Hotel Sahid Montana Dua Malang
Ranked #13 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Malang
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I did not have a reservation prior to arriving in Malang and went to this hotel based on the recommendation of a teacher at my son's school. I am sure that based on that recommendation, I received some sort of discount. The point is, the price of a room is a bit negotiable. There are four "levels" of rooms to choose from. I had a room from the top level, described as "business". I paid 400 000 rupiah (about 45 USD). Breakfast was included. It was a buffet style and what was offered changed every morning. I stayed for five nights. I ordered room service for several of those days. The service was always prompt. The business class room was huge. It included a small refrigerator (but not a mini-bar). There was cable TV, which included several channels in English. The air conditioning was controlled by a remote control, quite convenient. The bathroom was also spacious and had connections for a shaver, hair dryer, etc. There was hot water for a shower, but a sign clearly pointed out that hot water was available only from 0500 to 0900 and again from 1700 to 2100. I did not consider this a negative factor. The service staff was excellent in responding to requests, although I noted that requests should be made of the day shift staff. They had a much higher level of competence in English than the evening staff. I initially said I would stay for four nights, but then decided to extend my stay for a fifth night (a Friday night). The staff informed me this was not possible, as the hotel was fully booked. However, due to a cancellation and a reshuffling of reservations, within 24 hours I was told I could extend my stay. I did not suggest or ask for this and I was quite pleased. A positive mark for their service. The hotel is quite busy on weekends as families from the surrounding area come to visit their relatives who are studying in university. If you want to stay here on weekends, make a reservation early. If location, such as being near the center of Malang, is important, this might not be the hotel for you. However, the staff can call a taxi for you and the cost to the center of Malang is about 3 USD (25 000 rupiah).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank ajarn7086

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
Travellers also viewed these Malang hotels
Hotel Sahid Montana Malang
#7 of 54 in Malang
Horison Ultima Malang
Horison Ultima Malang
#12 of 54 in Malang

Been to Hotel Sahid Montana Dua Malang? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Sahid Montana Dua Malang

Property: Hotel Sahid Montana Dua Malang
Address: Jln. Candi Agung II 2, Malang 65142, Indonesia (Formerly Griyadi Montana Hotel)
Region: Indonesia > Java > East Java > Malang
Ranked #13 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Malang
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Sahid Montana Dua Malang 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Sahid Montana Dua Malang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.